2020-12-02 - I've Done That

Talk about today's strip, or anything about the comic in general. You can also talk about any of the characters... but don't expect a response. They're FICTIONAL, you guys... sheesh. :)
BigDamnHero
Crazy Person

2020-12-02 - I've Done That

Post by BigDamnHero » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:59 pm

One time I threw a controller while playing...something on the PS2. Might have been Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas? I remember being real frustrated during the plane flying tutorial. At some point just straight yeeted my controller into the floor. Thought the carpeting would keep it safe.

Boy was I wrong.

Martin Blank
Knower of Things
Knower of Things

Re: 2020-12-02 - I've Done That

Post by Martin Blank » Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:57 am

Many years ago, while playing Counterstrike 1.6 with friends, one of them was having a really bad day. There was this enormous crunch sound, then silence. Said friend quietly said, "Be right back. I need to get a new keyboard." He had spares in the closet, so wasn't gone more than a couple of minutes, but he had literally crushed the keyboard in frustration.
If I show up at your door, chances are you did something to bring me there.

auntmousie
Crazy Person

Post by auntmousie » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:32 am

BigDamnHero wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:59 pm One time I threw a controller while playing...something on the PS2. Might have been Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas? I remember being real frustrated during the plane flying tutorial. At some point just straight yeeted my controller into the floor. Thought the carpeting would keep it safe.

Boy was I wrong.
I think if you haven't thrown a controller while playing GTA:SA, you haven't really played it.
When all is said and done, more is generally said than is done.
Ask me anything - no, really - but be warned: I will answer. If you didn't want to know... don't ask.

nosystemd
Crazy Person

Post by nosystemd » Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:50 am

auntmousie wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:32 am I think if you haven't thrown a controller while playing GTA:SA, you haven't really played it.
I don't know if this is my favourite quote from 2020, but it's close. Obviously it is relevant to many, many years of gaming and (for others) computing in general.

Martin Blank
Knower of Things
Knower of Things

Post by Martin Blank » Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:34 am

I got GTA5 on a free sale from the Epic store. I finished it, mostly out of obstinance, much like Borderlands. It made me want to chuck my tower case across the room several times. (However, then I'd have to work directly on my company-supplied Mac, so I resisted the temptation.)
If I show up at your door, chances are you did something to bring me there.