2020-11-09, Can't Happen Soon Enough

Talk about today's strip, or anything about the comic in general. You can also talk about any of the characters... but don't expect a response. They're FICTIONAL, you guys... sheesh. :)
Seannery
Crazy Person

2020-11-09, Can't Happen Soon Enough

Post by Seannery » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:24 am

I just love how hyperbolic today's page is.. not even the speed of arrival---we all know she has access to better-than-state-of-the-art transportation (teleportation) techniques---it's that she didn't even pause to put on a mask---hey, I'm with Mae on this one: who cares when the appointment is.. it's sooner---and one helluva thing to camp out for!
Do tell me, always, in what way I'm not good.. I'm not used to silent tolerance.
Why can't you just love her?
τ > π wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:57 amOnward! To our selves. To the future.

nosystemd
Crazy Person

Re: 2020-11-09, Can't Happen Soon Enough

Post by nosystemd » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:27 pm

Today's strip and the one referenced by this thread are the two cutest strips I've seen in a while. They're funny but the one you mentioned is also touching.

On a barely related note, the Characters page has not been updated to include mention of Mae. I'm reluctant to mention this for making it seem like it's anybody's job other than Mae's to decide when such things should be changed, but if I think it's probably been forgotten rather than deliberately put off, I might mention it.

werefrog
Crazy Person

Re: 2020-11-09, Can't Happen Soon Enough

Post by werefrog » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:40 pm

As opposed to starting a new thread for the new comic, since these discussions are all sort of related as it goes through, The Werefrog got a double joke in today's comic.

As a result of learning a few foreign languages that don't put spaces between words when writing, The Werefrog naturally separate words when reading, even if no space is there. The Werefrog spent some time wondering why Mae wants to read just her expectations. Where would she read her expectations, anyway? Also, she should read the instructions in addition to her expectations, so reading just her expectations wouldn't be that wise.
Semper Ubi, Sub Ubi

Seannery
Crazy Person

2020-11-23, Mae Doesn't Stink!

Post by Seannery » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:25 am

So you mean to say, all those times I've been told I stank---and this was when I bathed regularly, a habit I've been rehabilitating as of late---they were just being mean? And when I obviously stank, even to myself, and they remained silent, they were being polite? What strange customs some people follow.. Well, if this oily skin, weren't enough, surely a pervasive low-level stink should. Certainly, all I've read about the effects of feminizing hormones, have either been great and exciting, making me only more eager, or neutral---don't care either way. And such stinklessness, would be yet another thing I cannot imagine being any way bad, and seems should be quite good. Strange, I've never read anything else about it removing such stink.. I wonder if that's something they go over at the clinic---maybe someone likes stinking, who knows: could be an unwelcome surprise for some.
Anyway, I'm starting to see more shading in Mae's hair, and---I may be imagining this---I like how Mae's face---her skin---has been looking softer, like I could lean into it and just fall asleep, and dream peaceful dreams, and wake up rested, plainly glad to be awake, for all my things, ready for the day.
Do tell me, always, in what way I'm not good.. I'm not used to silent tolerance.
Why can't you just love her?
τ > π wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:57 amOnward! To our selves. To the future.