Throwing it out there in case someone else is noticing.

Talk about today's strip, or anything about the comic in general. You can also talk about any of the characters... but don't expect a response. They're FICTIONAL, you guys... sheesh. :)
TammyJess
Crazy Person

Throwing it out there in case someone else is noticing.

Post by TammyJess » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:21 am

Mae's hair is growing out! It's subtle.. but she's growing it longer,. Yaaay!

Okay. back in to my corner.
... tentative steps towards a real life ...
searching for the seeds to a tree that should have been planted a lifetime ago

Seannery
Crazy Person

Re: Throwing it out there in case someone else is noticing.

Post by Seannery » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:06 pm

TammyJess wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:21 am
Mae's hair is growing out! It's subtle.. but she's growing it longer,.
Subtle details like that are one of my favorite things about Real Life Comics. Like lines of evening sky behind blinds being assorted colors and seeming to mean-average become purpler.
Do tell me, always, in what way I'm not good.. I'm not used to silent tolerance.
liberté, égalité, muliebrité

werefrog
Crazy Person

Post by werefrog » Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:20 pm

The detail The Werefrog am wondering, though, is there a time that the character's name is officially changed to Mae?

Is it when the character returns from that vision of the subconscious? Is it back to the start of the comic? Will there be some point in the future when the character looks significantly different from the older version?

The Werefrog don't recall seeing that stated anywhere, and unless the source ultimately is the real life Mae, The Werefrog won't accept it as the way to go (that is, another person can say that Mae said such and such, but another person can't simply say this is how it goes).
Semper Ubi, Sub Ubi

TammyJess
Crazy Person

Post by TammyJess » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:12 am

werefrog wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:20 pm
The Werefrog don't recall seeing that stated anywhere, and unless the source ultimately is the real life Mae, The Werefrog won't accept it as the way to go (that is, another person can say that Mae said such and such, but another person can't simply say this is how it goes).
I've always worked on the assumption that a very small part of this strip is semi-autobiographical, but a huge emphasis on the 'semi-' and 'small part'. Both persons/personas have their own timeline and lives .. and like every other person we meet, we're just along for the ride.. and loving them (or not!) for who they are on the day.
... tentative steps towards a real life ...
searching for the seeds to a tree that should have been planted a lifetime ago

werefrog
Crazy Person

Post by werefrog » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:41 pm

Today's comic (23 September 2020) sort of answered the question. Apparently, in comic has chosen the name that will be but hasn't told the others yet, and we may be getting a short arc of now this is the name.

Thank you.

However, The Werefrog noticed the script still calls the character Greg. This is getting too confusing. What is the name to refer to the character, we're getting both from the actual source.
Semper Ubi, Sub Ubi

Mae Dean
Forum Goddess
Forum Goddess

Post by Mae Dean » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:27 am

So.... as of Friday, the transcript has been switched over to "Mae". This does not mean the name "Greg" is going to disappear entirely (it might) because I didn't begin using Mae in any real way until after June 29, which was 6 months after starting HRT. It was a slow process for me, and I still don't really get bugged by the use of Greg, especially since I use it in my professional dealings at the moment.

Remember, there's no one way to go through all this, and it might be a little confusing to some people (even me sometimes) but it's a process, not an event. :)

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:10 pm

Mae Dean wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:27 am
So.... as of Friday, the transcript has been switched over to "Mae".
And the copyright as well, though maybe it has been and I didn’t notice?

You do you. You are awesome enough to have earned that ;)
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

auntmousie
Crazy Person

Post by auntmousie » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:18 pm

Deacon wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:10 pm
Mae Dean wrote:
So.... as of Friday, the transcript has been switched over to "Mae".
And the copyright as well, though maybe it has been and I didn’t notice?

You do you. You are awesome enough to have earned that ;)
The copyright changed on the last installment of the 'epiphany' thread.
When all is said and done, more is generally said than is done.
Ask me anything - no, really - but be warned: I will answer. If you didn't want to know... don't ask.

werefrog
Crazy Person

Post by werefrog » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:05 am

Mae Dean wrote:
So.... as of Friday, the transcript has been switched over to "Mae". This does not mean the name "Greg" is going to disappear entirely (it might) because I didn't begin using Mae in any real way until after June 29, which was 6 months after starting HRT. It was a slow process for me, and I still don't really get bugged by the use of Greg, especially since I use it in my professional dealings at the moment.

Remember, there's no one way to go through all this, and it might be a little confusing to some people (even me sometimes) but it's a process, not an event. :)
That makes sense. If you're not one to completely remove the old name and get offended when it is used, then we need not concern ourselves too greatly if the name is used. The Werefrog was more concerned with offending someone who has brought joy to The Werefrog through making this comic.

As The Werefrog have said regarding many issues, The Werefrog don't care what the preference is, but The Werefrog must know it in order to act accordingly.
Semper Ubi, Sub Ubi