Unnatural

Talk about today's strip, or anything about the comic in general. You can also talk about any of the characters... but don't expect a response. They're FICTIONAL, you guys... sheesh. :)
Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Unnatural

Post by Rorschach » Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:25 am

Spoiler: (click to reveal/hide)
anchovies on pizza
is sick. That Mae is a sicko poivert, I tell ya.

But that aside, is there any way we can have a link from the forum to the comic and vice versa again? I know we used to have it going in at least one direction but I think the uptake in forum activity off the back of the recent storylines would make it worthwhile again.
To Let

raptor9k
Crazy Person

Re: Unnatural

Post by raptor9k » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:26 pm

I've never tried it but it doesn't sound terrible.

Yeah, back when we had the matching theme, the logo at the top of the forums lead back to the comic. Probably wouldn't be that difficult to add a link. I read the comic from my RSS feed so it's absence never bothered me.

Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Post by Rorschach » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:05 pm

I'll be honest, I'm more about getting comic readers in here than the other way around which is probably pretty unnecessary,
To Let

Martin Blank
Knower of Things
Knower of Things

Post by Martin Blank » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:39 pm

We never came up with a way to automate it, so it was all done manually by whomever got to it first. I do have an idea how it might be done now, though, and will talk to Mae about it.
If I show up at your door, chances are you did something to bring me there.

Seannery
Crazy Person

Comic-Forum Links

Post by Seannery » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:09 pm

Indicating relevance of messages to comic pages? on the message submission page, in a button on the message,, Some (weighted) sum or mean, determined by [redacted].
I've never had anchovies, and my purse won't disburse for pizza (though it will for attendance (whether explicit, or donation) of some events, some of which include pizza), but spinach, pineapple are among my favorite pizza toppings.
liberté, égalité, muliebrité

az_vede
Crazy Person

Post by az_vede » Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:55 am

Rorschach wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:25 am
anchovies on pizza
is sick. That Mae is a sicko poivert, I tell ya.

But that aside, is there any way we can have a link from the forum to the comic and vice versa again? I know we used to have it going in at least one direction but I think the uptake in forum activity off the back of the recent storylines would make it worthwhile again.
if it's ~1 anchovie per slice, a bit on the harder-cooked side (cheese with a light char) and has spicy pepperoni, it works real well ;)

absolute monster here though, so take it for what you will.

werefrog
Crazy Person

Post by werefrog » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:56 am

The Werefrog have never had anchovies on pizza. The local pizza places don't even have it on the menu. The Werefrog know this due to a buddy really liking anchovies on his pizza, to the point that he always requests it.

The Werefrog finally found a place that did it while ordering pizzas for the department at work, so The Werefrog sent him the pizza place info. The coworkers, however, were not on board for getting anchovies on the pizza, so The Werefrog continue to not know what anchovies taste like.
Semper Ubi, Sub Ubi

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:13 pm

Anchovies when done well can make a great addition to pizza, but you have to have a taste for them if you’re going to get them thrown on a generic chain pizza.
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922