Some observations I made

Talk about today's strip, or anything about the comic in general. You can also talk about any of the characters... but don't expect a response. They're FICTIONAL, you guys... sheesh. :)
mmtunligit
Crazy Person

Some observations I made

Post by mmtunligit » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:23 pm

So as I stated in my introduction, I read through most of the comic for the first time knowing that Mae was trans. As such, I took a mental note of all the subtle little trans things I recognized thought the run of the comic. If I'd thought to write down the specific comics I would have, but alas. Anyway, here's a list of what I noticed: (don't really know how to use a text editor like this one, sorry for poor formatting)
The first instance of anything trans related is during one of the early dimension hopping storylines, where Greg meets female Greg and seems visibly spooked.
Next is in one of the early time travel stories, where greg mentioned (s)he played with dolls and 'girl toys' in secret.
Then I think it's the first instance of Maelyn-as-videogame-character, where she seems very happy initially, and pretty bummed about Liz's less-than-enthused reaction to it.
Then, I'm pretty sure its when the gang tries to close the plot hole, where greg and female greg meet again and greg says the most relateable phrase to any egg/ former egg, "you make me uncomfortable in ways I'm not ready to explore" (or something to that effect, not sure about the wording in the second part there).
Then its a couple more instances of Maelyn in games.
Finally there's the current arc.
I think that's everything, if I missed anything please add on below.

AuraPhoenix
Crazy Person

Re: Some observations I made

Post by AuraPhoenix » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:15 am

Do we count accidently signing up as a Final Fantasy Booth Babe?

mmtunligit
Crazy Person

Post by mmtunligit » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:19 am

ooh, I forgot about that. I'm not sure. I think you could, but it feels like a bit of a stretch personally.

mmtunligit
Crazy Person

Post by mmtunligit » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:20 am

Oh, also in one of the more recent ones, the cartoonist has grown her hair out a little.

auntmousie
Crazy Person

Post by auntmousie » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:02 pm

I did the same thing!
There was also some mention of playing with certain toys as a kid, but I can't remember the details.

mmtunligit
Crazy Person

Post by mmtunligit » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:11 am

I mentioned that in my first post. It's during one of the early time travel stories

auntmousie
Crazy Person

Post by auntmousie » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:55 pm

So you did!
There was also the moment where Debbie comes back, checks in with Liz, and she refers to then-Greg as basically a woman. I snickered audibly.
When all is said and done, more is generally said than is done.
Ask me anything - no, really - but be warned: I will answer. If you didn't want to know... don't ask.