No updates for a while

Talk about today's strip, or anything about the comic in general. You can also talk about any of the characters... but don't expect a response. They're FICTIONAL, you guys... sheesh. :)
keozen
Crazy Person

Re: No updates for a while

Post by keozen » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:54 pm

I'm glad I saw your tweet Mae. I dusted off my 13 year old forum account! Hi!
Matt
"The answer to a question nobody asked."

mysecret
Crazy Person

Post by mysecret » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:23 pm

I really hope that a future story will be Liz's story. I appreciate that Mae's story is important however how it was seen from the other side would be of equal interest.

jwhouk
Crazy Person

Post by jwhouk » Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:04 pm

I'm just surprised my account still works on these forums.

Congrats, Mae. Happy comicking.

Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Post by Rorschach » Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:02 pm

mysecret wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:23 pm
I really hope that a future story will be Liz's story. I appreciate that Mae's story is important however how it was seen from the other side would be of equal interest.
That is very interesting.
I was going to say perhaps a little...personal...but I can't imagine much more personal than the last few weeks of the comic anyway.
Maybe Liz will start her own comic. That would be cool
To Let

mysecret
Crazy Person

Post by mysecret » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:17 am

Rorschach wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:02 pm
That is very interesting.
I was going to say perhaps a little...personal...but I can't imagine much more personal than the last few weeks of the comic anyway.
Maybe Liz will start her own comic. That would be cool
I'm going to start this reply by saying I'm in no way trying to invalidate Mae's journey with this reply or underestimating the courage she would have needed to get to this point in her life. If my post reads that way, I am truely sorry.

For Mae, she had time to process a lot of what she was feeling before speaking to Liz however for Liz, like the partner of anyone who has had this conversation, it may have come completely from left field. I think this is why I feel it's just as important in the whole story. From the very little of I know of her, the comic Liz and a some retweeted stuff on social media by Mae, she comes across as a loving person however I suspect that when Mae and her sat down she didn't just go "cool, what's for dinner?". That part, the range of emotions and how she got to the point of being with the woman of her dreams rather than the man of her dreams may help others still putting off that step. As Gregg (ego) said herself in the comic "what about Liz?".
Last edited by mysecret on Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mae Dean
Forum Goddess
Forum Goddess

Post by Mae Dean » Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:33 am

Liz' side of things is absolutely forthcoming. I'm not sure if I'm going to FULLY be able to do it justice in the comic alone, but Liz and I are discussing making a YouTube channel with some videos talking about things. But it means a LOT to me that you're so concerned about her side of it, because it's deeply important, and something we want to get out there.

werefrog
Crazy Person

Post by werefrog » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:56 am

What a return this was.

The Werefrog had stopped checking for updates, but then some comics The Werefrog didn't recognize got posted at the Facebook for El Goonish Shive (another online comic).

Is the intention here to continue the comic after the current arc, or is this more of a therapeutic say what Greg/Mae need to say about the change (Greg included because the story begins with Greg)?
Semper Ubi, Sub Ubi

Martin Blank
Knower of Things
Knower of Things

Post by Martin Blank » Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:54 pm

My wife and I had a conversation about this the day Mae publicly came out. We know a lot of people across the range of LGBTQIA+, plus some poly, but I think it's only recently that we've added married trans people to that list. We've known people who came out as homosexual, and that's a hard thing to accept in a spouse or parent, but there's no physical change. For trans, it seems like so much can changes that it could be difficult to find something to latch onto as a base.

Mae, I am eternally grateful to you for taking us on this trip. Cat and I are going to read through the last three weeks after she gets home tonight. We are hoping that your journey will help us learn to better understand and interact with our friends who are making or have gone through their transition.
If I show up at your door, chances are you did something to bring me there.

lifedeath
Crazy Person

Post by lifedeath » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:46 pm

Mae Dean wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:33 am
Liz' side of things is absolutely forthcoming. I'm not sure if I'm going to FULLY be able to do it justice in the comic alone, but Liz and I are discussing making a YouTube channel with some videos talking about things. But it means a LOT to me that you're so concerned about her side of it, because it's deeply important, and something we want to get out there.
Ye, I'd love if we have Liz's POV also in the comic (or youtube, or twitter whatever is easy).

Thank you.
Give Life a real.....

Darneaus
Crazy Person

Post by Darneaus » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:25 pm

Long time reader, first time poster.
Thank you for sharing your life with us Mea. Its so nice to remeet you for the first time.