So long and thanks for all the fish.

Talk about today's strip, or anything about the comic in general. You can also talk about any of the characters... but don't expect a response. They're FICTIONAL, you guys... sheesh. :)
shaggy2000
Redshirt

So long and thanks for all the fish.

Post by shaggy2000 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:53 am

Well its finally happened, Greg has gone six weeks and no comic updates.

I can totally understand why, being a parent is no walk in the park, its a lot of sleepless nights, little to no free time and zero free money. As I have said in a different post, perhaps Greg should bow out officially, make one last comic and make it his swan song. At least that way we would all know officially no more, unlike at the moment were we log on once in a while to see if its been updated.

If Greg ever reads this (which he wont, ne hasn't been on these forums in years) but anyway, if he does, thanks for all the comics Greg. You've done some amazing comics over the years, just a shame it all has to end and real life takes over (see what I did there? :lol: )

Dreamer
Redshirt

Re: So long and thanks for all the fish.

Post by Dreamer » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:52 pm

Nah... I mean, he doesn't come to the forums often, but he just posted a couple months ago. Lizzie is here on occasion, too. I don't doubt they'll read this.
It's just that there aer some hurtful posts in some other subs. And it's counterproductive to read them or respond.

But I do think a decent post like this is being read.

Reminds me a little bit of "Worsted for Wear." Anyone read that comic? It was cute. And I enjoy the yarn arts, so it was fun and I could connect sometimes. But the couple illustrating and writing the comic went through personal issues. People were supportive. Missed the comic. They went out with a bit of a bang, though. IMO. It trickled. We'd check back every week or two for a new one. We'd get an occasional update. Them letting us know that they'd sum up the story arcs eventually. And then they did. With a pretty nice piece. Probably 16 panels.

All good things come to an end. :)
My sig would have contained the secret of life, but I'd already clicked submit.

raptor9k
Redshirt

Post by raptor9k » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:55 pm

Just use the RSS feed and then you never have to check for updates again.

I think Harper is 3 or 4 now so they're way past the sleepless nights phase of parenthood. They should also be done with the majority of the expenses aside from maybe daycare which should be far cheaper than it started out at this point.

From the posts I've seen it sounded more like life happened. The kid takes up a lot of your free time and it sounds like he's traveling a lot more for work than he anticipated when he started the job. But yeah, probably time to face the music.

Silencedlemon
Redshirt

Post by Silencedlemon » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:37 pm

I always wondered why it never took off like other Web comics did for a while it seemed like they were going to make a brand out of real life. We had two drink minimum, the books, the figures, they were going to cons! Then little by little it took a back seat when things were getting HUGE in the nerd area... It seems like they missed an opertunity to take off right when things were just starting, I mean look at nerdist and geek and sundry or even rooster teeth! This could have been right along side them in popularity and awesomeness! But sadly... It seems we may never see such great things... If I could say anything to Greg and liz it's this, thank you for all the good memories and fun (even though I sucked at number Wang) you gave a dorky teenager living in abusive household hope to one day have a life surrounded by those who care and to be be able to be proud of my nerd self and jot be ashamed of who I am. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.