Comic 36

Talk about today's strip, or anything about the comic in general. You can also talk about any of the characters... but don't expect a response. They're FICTIONAL, you guys... sheesh. :)
Cyberliger777
Redshirt

Re: Comic 36

Post by Cyberliger777 » Fri May 29, 2015 12:33 am

Dreamer wrote:Stay in wonderland... And I'll show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.
Can we make stew if we catch the rabbit?

Muspar
Redshirt

Post by Muspar » Fri May 29, 2015 12:51 am

Rorschach wrote:I've got to say, given the choice during the - maybe - hour between the wee one going to bed and us falling unconscious on the couch: if it came down to either doing an online comic, or trying to 'spend some time' together, you'd all be reminiscing about the last comic I did, which would have been about the Millennium.
Alternatively, you could develop a freak mutation that allows you to function without sleep and have plenty of free time! Alternatively alternatively, you could just develop some, shall we say, 'out of the box' parenting methods that involve dog crates and oversize hamster water bottles filled with apple juice in front of Dora the Explorer on repeat. Kids are entertained and once the state takes your children away from you you'll have TONS of time to do whatever.

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Fri May 29, 2015 2:46 am

I <3 you guys.

Also, if you fill the bottle with bourbon rather than apple juice they fall asleep quicker.
Dreamer wrote:Y'all should move back here to Texas. :)

EDIT: Did I just blow a few minds?
Just one.
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

The Cid
Redshirt

Post by The Cid » Fri May 29, 2015 3:07 am

Deacon wrote:Also, if you fill the bottle with bourbon rather than apple juice they fall asleep quicker.
Ah, the ol' Reverse Dean Martin.
Hirschof wrote:I'm waiting for day you people start thinking with portals.

Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Post by Rorschach » Fri May 29, 2015 9:43 am

Dreamer wrote: The times, they are a-changin' ya know?

I'm getting married next April. I'm closing on a house in less than a month.
I bought furniture.

I'm looking at reviews on refrigerators. REGRIGERATORS RORS!
Goodness. They are indeed.

Good to hear from you, buddy. Congratulations and such.

I'm assuming I can come and live above your garage, like The Fonz?
To Let

phimuskapsi
Redshirt

Post by phimuskapsi » Fri May 29, 2015 2:52 pm

I wasn't talking about the forum as a whole, I was talking about the comments in this thread and a few other threads in this subforum that began to sound like a dogpile effort to complain about the shitty update schedule. I'm happy you guys are posting, but keep in mind that the artist making the comic is a person with feelings. That's all.
You do realize that people are complaining because they are fans right? It's not malicious, it's a wanting for more content from an artist that we all appreciate and like. We, the fans, wouldn't be here otherwise. It's also a testament to the staying power of the comic and the community that was created around it that we are here, writing on RL forums even with an odd update schedule.

I realize that life has a way of getting in the way, and that this isn't Greg's full-time job. It happens. We just miss the characters and stories, that's all.

EDIT: I'm largely a lurker, I know, but doesn't change what I said :)

Dreamer
Redshirt

Post by Dreamer » Fri May 29, 2015 3:07 pm

Deacon wrote:I <3 you guys.

Also, if you fill the bottle with bourbon rather than apple juice they fall asleep quicker.
Dreamer wrote:Y'all should move back here to Texas. :)

EDIT: Did I just blow a few minds?
Just one.
More than just your mind, friend. Play those cards right.
My sig would have contained the secret of life, but I'd already clicked submit.

Dreamer
Redshirt

Post by Dreamer » Fri May 29, 2015 3:16 pm

Rorschach wrote:
Dreamer wrote: The times, they are a-changin' ya know?

I'm getting married next April. I'm closing on a house in less than a month.
I bought furniture.

I'm looking at reviews on refrigerators. REGRIGERATORS RORS!
Goodness. They are indeed.

Good to hear from you, buddy. Congratulations and such.

I'm assuming I can come and live above your garage, like The Fonz?
And I'm not complaining. She's quite a girl. We'r buying a new construction in Wells Branch (a suburb on the northermost tip of Travis County in Austin, TX). We're getting married in Kyle in April. Little outdoor wedding at this really cool, rustic, outdoor hill-coutnry place. Should be good. My future wife is... well... She's a beacon, you know what I mean?

I rememebr the time when I thought my ex was special. Now she's married to one of my groomsmen. Then you grow up and you peek behind the curtain. You kinda see the strings. And different things start to matter more.

I know, I'm hijacking. We can get back to complaining about the lack of comics in a bit. Promise.

But I started reading in... Well, 12 years ago. Kind fo neat to imagine that all you strangers (aside from a select few) know my stories and I know yours.

Okay, back on topic.

MOAR Comics! Make me laugh, monkey!

Dreamer
Redshirt

Post by Dreamer » Fri May 29, 2015 4:09 pm

Cyberliger777 wrote:
Dreamer wrote:Stay in wonderland... And I'll show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.
I don't know why, but this makes me think for of LOTR than Matrix...

Cyberliger777
Redshirt

Post by Cyberliger777 » Fri May 29, 2015 6:20 pm

Dreamer wrote:
Cyberliger777 wrote:
I don't know why, but this makes me think for of LOTR than Matrix...
That is because you are thinking of second breakfast or elevenses.

Lizzegirle
Forum Queen

Post by Lizzegirle » Fri May 29, 2015 7:43 pm

Goodness, one comment about "not being dicks" (when did we ever get up in arms about throwing the dick word around? Hell, my signature talks about clit-slapping.) become a thread about taking down this subforum? Fuck man. Cool yer shit, okay? Why so serious?

Greg is the comic creator, you don't think that he's going to be curious about what's in the Comic and Characters section? Really? I think we had hoped there would be more reminiscing and less complaining. But that was us being hopeful, I suppose.

You reserve the right to complain. That's cool. I reserve the right to clit-slap you and tell you to knock it off, okay? ;)

FirebirdNC
Mad Hatteras

Post by FirebirdNC » Fri May 29, 2015 9:56 pm

Lizzegirle wrote:You reserve the right to complain. That's cool. I reserve the right to clit-slap you and tell you to knock it off, okay? ;)
That made me snaughle
~Insert clever bon mot here~

Cyberliger777
Redshirt

Post by Cyberliger777 » Fri May 29, 2015 9:58 pm

Gahh, it has been to long since the last time I was clit-slapped really good. I wish I had the disposable income and work schedule to go to the bar. That is what is wrong with our country. Low wages and poor working conditions keep our hard working men and women from going out and being able to get clit-slapped right in the face as they deserve.

If you elect me President Douche-Bag I promise during my run in office, I will make changes to our laws making clip-slaps available to every last man, woman, and child of this great forum!

Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Post by Rorschach » Fri May 29, 2015 10:51 pm

I don't mind being called a dick. I have a six year old daughter. I'm used to it.
To Let

JermCool
Redshirt

Post by JermCool » Fri May 29, 2015 11:50 pm

Cyberliger777 wrote:Gahh, it has been to long since the last time I was clit-slapped really good. I wish I had the disposable income and work schedule to go to the bar. That is what is wrong with our country. Low wages and poor working conditions keep our hard working men and women from going out and being able to get clit-slapped right in the face as they deserve.

If you elect me President Douche-Bag I promise during my run in office, I will make changes to our laws making clip-slaps available to every last man, woman, and child of this great forum!
I want to contribute to your PAC, except I have no money for that either.
Insert Banner Here
"The internet is bullcrap! And everyone on it is retarded!" - Muspar
"All threads should degenerate into the bumming of JermCool." - Rorschach