10-06-2014 - Bandwagons

Talk about today's strip, or anything about the comic in general. You can also talk about any of the characters... but don't expect a response. They're FICTIONAL, you guys... sheesh. :)
The Cid
Redshirt

10-06-2014 - Bandwagons

Post by The Cid » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:13 pm

Comic Greg's been wearing a Giants hat since before they were champions actually. Always loved Comic Greg's Giants hat, despite not being in any way a Giants fan.

To me anyone who likes math gets a pass and doesn't have to be considered a bandwagon-hopper. Baseball's been taken over by calculus, geeks are welcome now. (For example: Fivethirtyeight's own Nate Silver sharpened his teeth as a statistician at SABR, the Society for American Baseball Research, where he created a number of "Sabermetric" stats still in use today. Some of these are rather complicated formulas.)

Best of luck to the Giants. Wouldn't mind a little company in the "three World Series titles this millennium" club, and better the Giants than the Cardinals.
Hirschof wrote:I'm waiting for day you people start thinking with portals.

coredumperror
Redshirt

Re: 10-06-2014 - Bandwagons

Post by coredumperror » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:46 am

I'm rootin' for the Dodgers, myself. Been an LA resident all my life, and I still think back fondly to the Dodgers' 90s hayday, with 5 consecutive rookies of the year. They haven't won a Series since I learned to walk, though, so I'm really hoping they at least make it to the Series this year!

I watched that record-setting Giants/Nationals game, though, and it was really neat to see a record like that being tied. If only it had gone one more inning!