June 27, 2013 - Meet Bert

Talk about today's strip, or anything about the comic in general. You can also talk about any of the characters... but don't expect a response. They're FICTIONAL, you guys... sheesh. :)
The Cid
Redshirt

June 27, 2013 - Meet Bert

Post by The Cid » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:09 pm

I wanted to post some praise for the comic because, for Real Life Forums, pro-RLC material is hard to find these days. Also because I really enjoyed this comic.

My favorite part of RLC is how the faces are drawn, particularly surprised/upset/yelling faces. Something about the way they look cracks me up. The expressions in the last two panels are great.
Hirschof wrote:I'm waiting for day you people start thinking with portals.

TomXP411
Redshirt

Re: June 27, 2013 - Meet Bert

Post by TomXP411 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:13 pm

This is pretty much real life, too... (oh, God... did I just say that?)

When my kid visited Disneyland for the first time, she wanted nothing more than to see Mickey Mouse.

When he actually saw the vacant-eyed mascot Mickey, she pretty much did exactly what little Dean baby did.

Those mascots are scary, nothing at all like the cartoons. No wonder kids are scared of them.

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:22 pm

Surely the Disney company has invested a lot in research regarding how to help avoid any freakouts. Maybe adding a gleam to the eyes, some slight bit of shadowing around the edge to give the impression of depth, something like that.
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

spikegirl7
Redshirt

Post by spikegirl7 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:10 am

I remember my brother's fourth birthday party, my dad dressed up as Barney. The EXACT same thing happened. It didn't stop until my dad took off the Barney head and my brother saw it was really my dad.
'What is morality?'
'Judgment to distinguish right and wrong, vision to see the truth, courage to act upon it, dedication to that which is good, integrity to stand by the good at any price.'

TheUnpredictable
Redshirt

Post by TheUnpredictable » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:03 pm

It was the same with my little nephews. My sister organised a really nice clown for their dress up party when they turned 6. The clown wasn´t even one of the scray looking ones! But they didn´t wanna be near him and started crying when he tried to talk to them. They had to make him take off his make up so the kids could see that it was a nice man underneath. Then they loved him. :)