GREG DEAN IS A THIEF!!!

Talk about today's strip, or anything about the comic in general. You can also talk about any of the characters... but don't expect a response. They're FICTIONAL, you guys... sheesh. :)
Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Re: GREG DEAN IS A THIEF!!!

Post by Rorschach » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:49 pm

I agree with you about Facebook. Facebook is a one man show. We're a fucking orchestra.

Plus which, if (!) I post something worthwhile here, it'll be appreciated. If I do the same on fb, it won't.

We've never tolerated stupidity here. Facebook relies on it.
To Let

amlthrawn
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by amlthrawn » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:33 pm

Rorschach wrote:We've never tolerated stupidity here. Facebook relies on it.
TRUE DAT.
- We were never being boring. We had too much time to find for ourselves.

DoctorJest
Redshirt

Post by DoctorJest » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:45 am

It does seem like the whole thing has been "we screwed up", followed by "we have no idea how to deal with our screw-up". And I suspect that shortly after that you get "holy crap we've got a kid now, we don't have time to even think about that screw-up right now". Or something like that, anyway.

There did seem to be a time when he was genuinely scrambling and trying hard to make everything work out, which I'd hope speaks at least somewhat to his character. (I hope; don't know the guy, but the couple of times I exchanged email with him he seemed polite and considerate enough.) And with that in mind, I'd not be too shocked to find that the timeline for that stopping had some kind of correlation with the whole pregnancy-and-birth malarkey.

Deacon
Shining Adonis

GREG DEAN IS A THIEF!!!

Post by Deacon » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:38 am

Never in the history of humanity have two people had one child and then been able to do anything else, I'm sure. All other activities stop. Necessarily. All of them.
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

FirebirdNC
Mad Hatteras

Post by FirebirdNC » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:53 am

I had high hopes when I saw some people were getting there Shirt Ninja figures, but that seems to have petered off as well. I genuinely like both of the Dean's and it's a shame that a large part of the comics fan base have been disappointed.
~Insert clever bon mot here~

Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Post by Rorschach » Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:53 pm

Deacon wrote:Never in the history of humanity have two people had one child and then been able to do anything else, I'm sure. All other activities stop. Necessarily. All of them.
Fair point. But it's still a great excuse. It was almost worth becoming a parent simply because of the number of things it allows me to weasel out of.

I don't understand why we don't just sideline any business complaints into a invisible seperate forum like the Girly group where people can join to view it. The Deans can come back and have the right to reply if they choose or not.

Yeah, they dicked some people over and maybe have no intention of rectifying the situation but that's not the concern of the majority of people on the forums.

Or maybe we should have a name change and elect a new theme.
To Let

FirebirdNC
Mad Hatteras

Post by FirebirdNC » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:09 pm

A new forum and a fresh start?
~Insert clever bon mot here~

Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Post by Rorschach » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:25 pm

Yeah, something like that. Although that would be a ridiculous amount of work for someone. And we're not too long after a facelift as it is.

My preferred option is keeping the business end of things off the radar. It's not a biggie or anything. Just might encourage the Deans back.
To Let

DoctorJest
Redshirt

Post by DoctorJest » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:31 am

Deacon wrote:Never in the history of humanity have two people had one child and then been able to do anything else, I'm sure. All other activities stop. Necessarily. All of them.
Not exactly what I meant, however. My parents were entirely competent, but given that Greg seemed to be struggling to cope with the situation in the first place? Take someone who is already in over their head somewhat, add one baby, mix and simmer.

Certainly not an excuse, but neither a shock.

mikehendo
Karate Chop!

Post by mikehendo » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:47 pm

amlthrawn wrote:
Hirschof wrote:With the animosity towards the Deans and the social dominance of facebook, I'm sort of surprised any of the old regulars are still here.
This place has been an entity in and of itself for a long time (I recall discussions on that very topic back in the day). I stopped reading the comic years before I stopped visiting the forum.
I stopped reading the comics a week after I joined the (old) forums. Quickly realized the characters weren't really going anywhere and lost interest. Stuck with the forums for a few years after reading the comics. Still have somewhat fond memories of being a mod before the Deans ran me off the forums.
Help Fund Free Mammograms
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Post by Rorschach » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:29 pm

He's back! Get him!

Only joking. I didn't know there was drama connected to your leaving. That's sad to hear.
To Let

sneaky ninja
Chun Li!
Chun Li!

Post by sneaky ninja » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:59 am

This whole thread is kind of sad. And equally hilarious to me, for some reason. I must have missed the initial debacle. Who just takes people's money and runs away with it under their real names? I wasn't even sure this thread was serious at first.

Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Post by Rorschach » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:04 am

Really? Didn't you know this had happened?

I thought it had been horribly pervasive for some considerable time. Although even as I'm writing this, I'm realising you were away for a while.
To Let

Healer24
Redshirt

Post by Healer24 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:35 pm

I'm in the same boat as sneaky. I read this and wondered what the hell was going on. Teach me to abandon the forums for several years.
"He was a genius - that is to say, a man who does superlatively and without obvious effort something that most people cannot do by the uttermost exertion of their abilities." - Robertson Davies

mikehendo
Karate Chop!

Post by mikehendo » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:26 pm

Yeah Sneaky, I came back after being gone for 5+ years and saw this insanity. And you are right, what kind of person steals someone else's money, and uses their OWN name to do it!?!
Help Fund Free Mammograms
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0