01/03/2012 "Meme'n it up"

Talk about today's strip, or anything about the comic in general. You can also talk about any of the characters... but don't expect a response. They're FICTIONAL, you guys... sheesh. :)
NickGXZ
Crazy Person

01/03/2012 "Meme'n it up"

Post by NickGXZ » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:44 am

I loved this comic.

Then again, I'm an avid and guilty-as-charged Redditor. :\
"The effort you put forth to anything transcends yourself, for there is no futility even in death." - Monty Oum

"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." - Confucius

"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned." - Buddha

JonnWood
Crazy Person

Re: 01/03/2012 "Meme'n it up"

Post by JonnWood » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:35 am

I had to read it twice before I realized Greg had backed up in the last panel.

My mum makes do with a ten year old Singer, and an even older multi-spool number that I'm pretty sure is older than I am, and extremely yellow.

brijasher
Crazy Person

Post by brijasher » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:45 pm

In the last panel, is there a reason Liz is holding the footpedal in her hand? /headscratch

Roundtop
Crazy Person

Post by Roundtop » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:35 pm

Liz is channeling my wife for the past month.

For Christmas we gave a lot of embroidered hand towels. She just finished the napkin set (8) last night, and she is working on the baby stuff for our friend who's due by the end of this month. She was annoyed because it missed a couple stitches when putting the purple/pink dinosaur onto the fleece blanket.

She has spent more than I EVER want to know on her machine/software (Pfaff 4D Suite)

Oh and if that is one of the models that takes custom designs. Wow Greg. You could have purchased a couple killer gaming computers for that amount.

Brent Sienna
Crazy Person

Post by Brent Sienna » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:44 pm

Embroider all the things... hmmm....

How about making a storyline of it: "Dorkboy Begins" or rather "The Dork Knight Rises".
Starring Dave as Dorkboy, Tony as... whatever, maybe an Alfred persiflage, Liz as The Embroiderer (Why Sew Serious?), Greg as the Shirt Ninja and... and... and... well, your stories!

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:24 pm

Why sew serious. Really.

I love it.
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

shades.549
Crazy Person

Post by shades.549 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:58 pm

I am just waiting for the appearance of the new improved t-shirt ninja, now with embroidery.

Greg Dean
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Greg Dean » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:27 pm

Roundtop: It's a Brother SE-400. Basically, your entry-level embroidery/sewing machine. 4x4 embroidery area, but it DOES have a USB port. Best machine for the price (look it up on Amazon). And I only kicked about 1/6th of it in... it was a group present from the whole family. :)

ijuin
Crazy Person

Post by ijuin » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:03 am

brijasher wrote:In the last panel, is there a reason Liz is holding the footpedal in her hand? /headscratch
I sort of ended up on an inverted form of an old "novice computer user" gag--I thought it was a computer mouse, not a foot pedal. :lol:

serindela
Crazy Person

Post by serindela » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:35 am

brijasher wrote:In the last panel, is there a reason Liz is holding the footpedal in her hand? /headscratch
I took it as a play on the original meme where the critter is holding a broom or some such thing in his hand...

NickGXZ
Crazy Person

Post by NickGXZ » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:56 am

Greg Dean wrote:Roundtop: It's a Brother SE-400. Basically, your entry-level embroidery/sewing machine. 4x4 embroidery area, but it DOES have a USB port. Best machine for the price (look it up on Amazon). And I only kicked about 1/6th of it in... it was a group present from the whole family. :)
Thats pretty damn cool.

The machine AND the fact that six of you tossed in for this. That thing looks...slightly intimidating to me.
"The effort you put forth to anything transcends yourself, for there is no futility even in death." - Monty Oum

"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." - Confucius

"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned." - Buddha

Roundtop
Crazy Person

Post by Roundtop » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:36 pm

This is the scary one my wife has.

http://computerizedsewingmachinessale.c ... xtra-hoop/

Pfaff 2144. 5" touchscreen, USB connection to laptop with 4D Suite, and a price tag that I choke on.

It has made many costumes, baby blankets, towels, napkins, gothic lolita clothes, dollfie clothes, etc.