Comic for January 7th 2011: Positive

Talk about today's strip, or anything about the comic in general. You can also talk about any of the characters... but don't expect a response. They're FICTIONAL, you guys... sheesh. :)
Brent Sienna
Crazy Person

Comic for January 7th 2011: Positive

Post by Brent Sienna » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:17 am

So what? She gave him a victory sign and a weird looking USB-gadget? And they hug? What the hell does that mean, Dean?

;)

Just kidding.

Congratulations, you two...

corebreach
Crazy Person

Re: Comic for January 7th 2011: Positive

Post by corebreach » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:20 am

Congratulations G+L!! You guys are going to be wonderful parents, I'm sure of this!

Jedit
Crazy Person

Post by Jedit » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:23 am

Well, there goes the neighbourhood... :)

Gotta admit, that pregnancy test does look like a dongle. I really don't want to know where the USB port would be located on a woman - not even if I need to charge my MP3 player.

Good luck.

Daniel Allison
Crazy Person

Post by Daniel Allison » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:41 am

Congratulations :)

FireAza
Crazy Person

Post by FireAza » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:06 am

Congrats Greg! I guess the first question you need to ask yourself about how you're going to raise your child is: what is the right age to introduce them to Final Fantasy? ;) Also, why is Liz holding up two fingers? Is she having two babbies, or is that a victory dance?

Also, yay Belldandy poster!
"For AUS$300, you get FireAza drawing your screen image." -MartinBlank "Oh shit. For once, FireAza is right." -Deacon
"FireAza, if you're really that sneaky and quiet then you can sleep in my bed anytime, mister." -kizba

phraedus
Crazy Person

Two Red Strips (Congratulations)

Post by phraedus » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:27 am

Congratulations guys on the double-positive in todays comic: http://www.reallifecomics.com/archive/110107.html

Is this the real explanation of why you missed a couple of comics? Good reasons.

Happy Birthday Liz, by the way.

Pregnant

Tgrrr
Theinternerd.com

bagheadinc
Bay Harbor Butcher

Post by bagheadinc » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:06 am

FireAza wrote:Also, why is Liz holding up two fingers? Is she having two babbies
I'm not gonna say I'm an authority on pregnancy tests, but I'm quite confident that you can't tell how many babies you're having by peeing on a stick.

pgn674
Crazy Person

Post by pgn674 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:52 am

Yay! Congratulations!

It is so cool watching Greg, and now Liz, through this semi autobiographical journal webcomic, from chumming around to friends, to girlfriend, to marriage, and now this :)

And for those who don't know: A single line on a pregnancy test means either false (not pregnant) or retest, depending on the line. Two lines means positive.

Remolay
Crazy Person

Post by Remolay » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:00 pm

I would have gone and found that video of whatever anime it is I haven't seen where everyone is just saying congratulations for a good minute (Plus a penguin) but I have to go to school like now. So I'll just say Congrendulates, I'm sure everything will be pretty awesome.

FireAza
Crazy Person

Post by FireAza » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:03 pm

bagheadinc wrote:
FireAza wrote:Also, why is Liz holding up two fingers? Is she having two babbies
I'm not gonna say I'm an authority on pregnancy tests, but I'm quite confident that you can't tell how many babies you're having by peeing on a stick.
WHY HAS SCIENCE FAILED US?!
Remolay wrote:I would have gone and found that video of whatever anime it is I haven't seen where everyone is just saying congratulations for a good minute (Plus a penguin) but I have to go to school like now. So I'll just say Congrendulates, I'm sure everything will be pretty awesome.
You're thinking of Evangelion's infamous series ending.
"For AUS$300, you get FireAza drawing your screen image." -MartinBlank "Oh shit. For once, FireAza is right." -Deacon
"FireAza, if you're really that sneaky and quiet then you can sleep in my bed anytime, mister." -kizba

dburn13579
Crazy Person

Post by dburn13579 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:27 pm

See, I TOLD you guys a few months ago when you did that comic entitled "In the not too distant future" and there were two little Deans in the back seat...

It was an OMEN! You have power in your electronic Pen, Greg.
"Cause dreams, they seem to cost money,
But money cost some dreams."
- 'Yeah, Sapphire', The Hold Steady

dburn13579
Crazy Person

Post by dburn13579 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:37 pm

Really interested in the comic from this point forth as well: So far, watching this comic has been like watching what my life will be--things always seem to happen to you that will happen to me later. But my wife and I just had our first baby a few months ago. Now I get to watch you go through things I've already went through. As if the tables have turned.

@FireAza: I'm working on figuring this out myself. Trust me, I don't want to introduce her to video games too early, but to prove how big of a Final Fantasy nerd I am, my daughter's name is Rydia.
"Cause dreams, they seem to cost money,
But money cost some dreams."
- 'Yeah, Sapphire', The Hold Steady

sorakirei
Crazy Person

Post by sorakirei » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:39 pm

Congratulations!
Tekkoshocon: Pittsburgh's Anime Convention
Order id #278
Order date 05/22/2008 07:28
Product Shirt Ninja Figurine
Quantity 1

gogogadgetearl
Crazy Person

Post by gogogadgetearl » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:47 pm

Congrats, Greg & Liz!! I've been following RLC nearly since the beginning, and many of the major life changes in the comic have happened around the same time as my wife & I (getting married, moving, etc) -- but we had our first kid about 3.5 years ago...so I've been waiting for you guys to catch up!! ;-)

If I could offer any advice for pregnancy/parenting, it's this: with kids, everybody's situation is different...so maybe only 50% of the advice you get from others will actually work in your situation.

As for a new character to the comic, I can't wait!! Kids are better than TV. They say & do things that are 100x times funnier and/or 100x more insightful than anything you've ever seen. Given that fact, I'm super pumped about the new source material for the comic! :-D

Congrats, again!

Ceryle
Crazy Person

Post by Ceryle » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:52 pm

Congratulations to you both :D
You don't really have long to wait for the kid to be geeky - our 4 year old has a minecraft account (he loves digging and building all kinds of houses in our private server), and he plays Lego batman and Lego Harry potter. He also knows how to get to his bookmarks (bob the builder, Thomas, etc). We are currently in a batman and spiderman obsession, and I need to sing the theme song for spiderman at least 15 times a day. For some reason, though, it is me that does this, not my husband :?
Although you need to be prepared to go through phases where you need to learn the names of all the trains from 'thomas' first (if a boy), or all the Disney princesses or something for a girl (the girl one is a second hand report - I have 2 boys).

Be prepared for a time filled with fear, love, joy, laughter, exasperation... Your lives will never be the same, but in the best way imaginable.