Unhappy about Real Life Support Group

Talk about today's strip, or anything about the comic in general. You can also talk about any of the characters... but don't expect a response. They're FICTIONAL, you guys... sheesh. :)
knightmare
Redshirt

Re: Unhappy about Real Life Support Group

Post by knightmare » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:24 pm

das_flo wrote:
AccidentReport wrote:It's almost getting towards theft at this point.
Yup...

Last email bonus comic: October 22.

Booklets: STILL waiting for all of them.

Greg, wtf man? Why are you constantly breaking your promises? How about giving us back our money and getting out of this like a gentleman?
Quit. He won't wake up and realize that he has work to do until all the money coming in for doing nothing dries up. If you're still a member after all this, that's your own fault.

AccidentReport
Redshirt

Post by AccidentReport » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:10 am

OK...as much as it pains me to do so I've now quit this. Still waiting for the booklets for March 2010 to Januray 2012 I believe! Going to put my money into something that gives me a return and subscribe to that new Marvel Graphic Novel collection thing!

Just need to keep aware of the booklets I'm waiting for!
From your friends at CLITORIS :D
"The Committee for the Liberation and Integration of Terrifying Organisms and their Rehabilitation Into Society."

das_flo
Redshirt

Post by das_flo » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:52 pm

I really kinda still hope it will work out, but I'm not very hopeful anymore.

If Greg would at least still answer the questions here...

AccidentReport
Redshirt

Post by AccidentReport » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:45 am

das_flo wrote:I really kinda still hope it will work out, but I'm not very hopeful anymore.

If Greg would at least still answer the questions here...
Tell me about it. Messages on here, PMs, emails...no response from anything. The comic itself is getting sketchy in terms of updates. Haven't heard anything regarding Book 2 in a long time. It really is a shame overall!
"The Committee for the Liberation and Integration of Terrifying Organisms and their Rehabilitation Into Society."

AccidentReport
Redshirt

Post by AccidentReport » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:38 am

OK...printed booklet update!

Still waiting for the booklets for March 2010 to February2012! That's 24 missing booklets!

SERIOUSLY GREG...YOU NEED TO DO SOMETHING!

das_flo
Redshirt

Post by das_flo » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:32 pm

Still waiting too (booklets for March 2010 - September 2011).

Will keep bitching around here, so at least people can see the (non-)status of this thing...

Oh, and I'm not happy either that the online version of RLSG is not catching up. It's still 2 whole months behind!

marsman57
Redshirt

Post by marsman57 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:03 pm

das_flo wrote:Oh, and I'm not happy either that the online version of RLSG is not catching up. It's still 2 whole months behind!
Is it at least updating regularly?

But really guys, making a fuss here isn't going to be worth it. I don't think Greg will get in gear until he gets a summons to appear in California small claims court. I am sure there are a few of you who are 20+ issues behind on RLSG and have a Shirt Ninja or some such that are looking at $300+ in the hole. It would be worth filing suit over, and I can't imagine you would not win.

AccidentReport
Redshirt

Post by AccidentReport » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:40 pm

It's extreme but probably true. Until he really gets a kick he just won't do anything. I think people would be more accomodating if he just spoke up about it all!

das_flo
Redshirt

Post by das_flo » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:02 pm

True. I'm not going to do it from Switzerland, though. Maybe someone from the USA?

Arres
Redshirt

Post by Arres » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:03 pm

So, you're somehow under the impression that if one of you takes him to small claims court, the result will be that he will have MORE time and money?
Sheldon wrote:For the record, I am waaaay an adult. Like, super-way.
The Ponynati said:You cannot escape us. You cannot stop us. Soon all the world will bow down to the power of ponies.
The Cid wrote:...the text message is the preferred method of communication for prepubescent girls. Bunch of grown men sending digital paper airplanes to each other. Give me a break.

das_flo
Redshirt

Post by das_flo » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:22 pm

No, but maybe he will

a) get of his ass and deliver as promised, or

b) realize that this is no longer a joking matter and at least give us our money back or suspend the RLSG until he catches up.

Either one would be fine by me...

Arres
Redshirt

Post by Arres » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:24 pm

Your implication is of course that the problem is that he has PLENTY of money and time he just flatly REFUSES to use it, all the while sitting around laughing at the fools (FOOLS! HAHA!) who have dared to expect things of him. He has stated in the past that that is not the case. He broke. I understand your frustration. I do. I don't particularly CARE of course, but I understand.

My point was that if your GOAL is to get him to:
a. Spend the time and money to "deliver as promised"
b. Spend the money to refund you
or
c. Spend the time to reorganize the structure of your agreement (suspend RLSG)

then perhaps taking him to small claims court (an invariably costly and time intensive activity for everyone involved) is NOT an option that will achieve your stated goals.
The Ponynati said:You cannot escape us. You cannot stop us. Soon all the world will bow down to the power of ponies.
The Cid wrote:...the text message is the preferred method of communication for prepubescent girls. Bunch of grown men sending digital paper airplanes to each other. Give me a break.

darcerin
Redshirt

Post by darcerin » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:31 am

See while they do have a kid now, they ARE both working, meaning they have two incomes. True, prices of everything are going up, but if I were they, I would think they would prioritize THIS after bare necessities for themselves and their daughter.

That said, at this point, YES, small claims court. I no longer have a dog in this fight as I FINALLY got a refund back from Greg after howling at him publically (which was later deleted by Greg and I was reprimanded for), but I agree at this point this is probably one of the only things that will get his attention (besides contacting his advertisers). The court doesn't have to order him to pay everyone back (although that's an option), but they CAN order him to get his act together and get the booklets, the statues, etc back, like within three-six months. Violation of said court order will land his butt in jail.

It is an absolute abomination that it has gone on this long.

I have no problem posting this. His last known email address that I know for certain he was checking is gregdean@gmail.com Go hassle him there. DO NOT email the RL store email address. That apparently is no longer being checked, period.

I really hope this gets resolved for all of you. I feel guilty even reading the comic now, knowing what he is doing to you.

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Unhappy about Real Life Support Group

Post by Deacon » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:53 am

Arres wrote:Your implication is of course that the problem is that he has PLENTY of money and time he just flatly REFUSES to use it, all the while sitting around laughing at the fools (FOOLS! HAHA!) who have dared to expect things of him.
Arres, whether Greg and Liz have extensive time and money management problems is irrelevant. Nor has anyone invented any expectations for themselves. In this case they're not even talking money but rather being willing to follow through with commitments Greg made to people in exchange for money, simple commitments like putting out an email on time and mailing out sketches. I can't imagine that in any other context you'd be ok with a businessperson acting like this, especially when we're talking about entertainers taking people's money and disappearing.
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

Arres
Redshirt

Post by Arres » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:54 pm

Oh, don't get me wrong Deacon, I'm not jumping to their defense. I think in a business sense they have acted badly. I was just pointing out that I don't think that small claims court will actually achieve the desired results.