Book 2

Talk about today's strip, or anything about the comic in general. You can also talk about any of the characters... but don't expect a response. They're FICTIONAL, you guys... sheesh. :)
teddy
Crazy Person

Re: Book 2

Post by teddy » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:48 pm

I know that this question has been asked before in the shirt ninja thread, but I just want to be extra sure...

Where would i send a change of address to? (I just moved from the place I lived when I ordered the book)

Lizzegirle
Forum Queen

Post by Lizzegirle » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:28 pm

Send an email to rlcomicsstore@gmail.com. Thanks!

McGinty84
Crazy Person

Post by McGinty84 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:39 am

Since the pre-orders are almost coming up to the one year anniversary now, would you reconsider the Print on Demand option for Book 3?

Or was the base price required to get the POD at a decent one (so not necessairily Lulu) higher than than the base price for the books? I haven't researched that thoroughly, and what research I have done was for prose novels not graphic ones, so I'm a little in the dark.

Just to clarify: this isn't me hassling for book 2, just wondering what you're thoughts are. Perhaps I should've posted this in a new thread. Will do this if you want and not be offended.

Lizzegirle
Forum Queen

Post by Lizzegirle » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:51 pm

If we did POD... the book price would be unreasonable. Especially since we'd want to do them in color. Plus the POD print quality sucks.

What you have to remember is that we're going through a recession right now... nearly a depression. People just don't have the money. But reports are suggesting that people are starting to get their jobs back, and that the dow is starting to pick back up. So I'm confident that we won't have this problem with book 3.

Winterbay
Crazy Person

Post by Winterbay » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:16 am

I've been thinking about gettin my hands on one of those books, but one thing has stopped me so far: I have no way of calculating the total price, being in Sweden and all.

Is there a way to figure out how much postage and so on would be added to the price for the two different versions?
The problem with trying to make yourself more stupid than you are is that you often succeed...

Lizzegirle
Forum Queen

Post by Lizzegirle » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:41 pm

I believe if you go through the system.. it'll calculate everything for you. Although, I think shipping is something like $7 or $11 for Europe. So price + $11 should be your total.

Winterbay
Crazy Person

Post by Winterbay » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:59 pm

What do you know, so it did. Book ordered :)
The problem with trying to make yourself more stupid than you are is that you often succeed...

Frosting
Crazy Person

Post by Frosting » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:35 pm

I ordered last night/early morning. I really haven't been a reader that long, I saw yall at AnimeFest and saw you were coming again this year. I thought it was worth a read (and read I did I've read up through 06 in a week on top of work my 5 forums and ridiculous gaming habits :p). And I love you guys it's like watching my friends (which is slightly odd since all my friends are very odd). And I'd love to own the book and I have a bad habit (where money is concerned) about being a collector... And I had to have the book. You guys are awesome and I will wait for however long it takes. (See ya at AnimeFest!)

shaggy314
Crazy Person

Post by shaggy314 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:26 pm

I've started planning a "first anniversary of my pre-ordering Book 2" party...

We are going to have karaoke, come as your favorite character, draw your favorite character, "best excuse for not publishing just yet" (two winners, one with and one without mentioning GW Bush), and "what would you do if you had a copy of Book two" essay contests. We'll have lots of Pepsi and beer on hand, maybe the odd LAN game. Also we are asking all guests to offset their carbon footprint at the party: http://www.wikihow.com/Buy-a-Carbon-Offset

:-D

Any updates? It is the silence that is maddening. In May you were only $1500 away.

Fair warning: I will cancel my order at the second anniversary and require a refund. You may consider refunding everyone until you are ready to actually publish the book or the economy improves such that you are more likely to get the 100% prepay you need. It really isn't fair to people that have paid almost a year ago to keep saying that it is coming. Everyone is nice about not complaining, but that doesn't seem to get that last 15%, nor did the added incentive you guys offered a few months ago. Perchance some of the subscription money sees its way towards finishing out that 15% and then, I ASSUME, you will make a profit on the book once it starts rolling out and hits comic store shelves. I promise to only vent one more time in six months.

Lizzegirle
Forum Queen

Post by Lizzegirle » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:05 am

We have someone who has offered to invest in the book, and we will be putting the subscription money toward it too...

We DESPERATELY want this book out. I don't think you understand how desperately we want it. :(

shaggy314
Crazy Person

Post by shaggy314 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:35 pm

\O/

You have another couple of months of silence from me. :-)

Although I may send my order an Xmas card.

TheWGP
Crazy Person

Post by TheWGP » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:04 pm

Really hate to be another bore in this thread, but my wife's just lost her job and I'm seriously considering requesting a refund. I'm sorry, over a year is just not acceptable... evidently there isn't enough demand to finance printing a book via this method with presales.

I'm really hoping to hear positive news on this front, but what with the move and all, I'm just not seeing it happening anytime soon. I know how badly you guys want to make this happen, but as the saying goes, if wishes were horses...

The length of time I can just quietly wait more or less came to an end when my wife got laid off... so I thought I'd make an account to post. Again, sorry to be a bore in this thread, but it's almost $50 for me, so it's not such a small sum I can ignore it. Thanks.

Lizzegirle
Forum Queen

Post by Lizzegirle » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:14 pm

We're actually getting ready to sign a contract with the gentleman who is going to invest in the book. Things are a little on hold at the moment.

If you need a refund though, please feel free to email me and we'll work something out.

SoloButterfly
Crazy Person

Post by SoloButterfly » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:00 pm

All I want for Christmas is book two.

Would it be more feasible if the idea of the special edition hardcover was abandoned?

Lizzegirle
Forum Queen

Post by Lizzegirle » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:02 pm

The cost is about the same, and most of our orders are for the special edition. So if we canceled that, we'd have to refund all of those people, which would put us more in the hole.