Shirt Ninja Figurine

Talk about today's strip, or anything about the comic in general. You can also talk about any of the characters... but don't expect a response. They're FICTIONAL, you guys... sheesh. :)
ShadowDragon
Redshirt

Re: Shirt Ninja Figurine

Post by ShadowDragon » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:55 am

Glad some people can see his comments 'cause I sure can't. I had already e-mailed him from the first update. He said he would let me know as soon as it's packed and going out. I'm sure all of us will understand why I'm not holding my breath. :P

Geb
Redshirt

Post by Geb » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:58 pm

and they actually expect Liz's embroidery business to do well with all these complaints?
Surrender peacefully or i will destroy...wait...A FORCE SHIELD?

Kermi
Redshirt

Post by Kermi » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:43 am

I wonder what the class action was. If their hardships are a result of some medical mishap or other damage or injury, it would certainly explain their difficulties have been compounded AND their inability to discuss it.

As a liability claims officer, I can appreciate how this kind of thing can drag out.

ShadowDragon
Redshirt

Post by ShadowDragon » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:36 pm

What class action?

ClarkKent
Redshirt

Post by ClarkKent » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:59 pm

ShadowDragon wrote:What class action?
m4sterp wrote:From the facebook page in response to opening a new store while other things still needed to be sent out:

Greg Dean: "The store is entirely Liz' domain.

That being said, shipping of figurines kind of fell apart after our finances did - we went through a LOT of really hard times, and have just been scraping by for the past few years. Last week, however, I recieved a fairly decent sum of money as part of a class action settlement, and Liz and I resolved that one of the first things we would do with it was get the figurines shipped out. We spent the last few days finalizing stuff for her store, and now that that's done, I'm going to be spending my evenings packaging and sending ALL remaining figurines.

The book is coming as well - it's been sent to the printer at this point, and the mockup should be in my hands shortly. Don't have hard dates for that, but I'm going to be getting some shipping help as well, so that should go fairly quickly."
The class action referenced there.

ShadowDragon
Redshirt

Post by ShadowDragon » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:17 pm

Ah, thanks.

I notice though it's been just over 2 weeks now since he replied to my email saying that he would respond as soon as it shipped so I'll not hold my breath.

marsman57
Redshirt

Post by marsman57 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:17 pm

Does everyone have their figurines now? =D

ShadowDragon
Redshirt

Post by ShadowDragon » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:43 pm

Yep! Right over... oh yeah... Nope.

jentherose
Redshirt

Post by jentherose » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:23 am

I though the class action was this post:
[sorry, I am not real saavy on forum posting and don't know how to post the actual excerpt so I'm copying/pasting]

----

Hey everyone. I'm trying to collect some information regarding the figurines and whether or not anyone actually received them. I myself ordered one back in 2008 and check back every year or so to see if there's any updates.

How many people ordered the figure?
How many people can confirm that they actually received the figure?

To be perfectly honest, I'm considering legal support at this point. I've emailed both Liz and Greg asking for a refund or an update but haven't received any reply. It's not just my $50 that I'm upset about, it's the dozens (hundreds) of people who paid for a product that they have not received. We're talking thousands upon thousands of dollars of outright fraud. This fraud extends across state lines and international borders, not something to take as lightly as some people of this board seem to.

If anyone wants to help, please email me with details of your order, communication or lack-thereof from the Deans or anything else you think could help in building a case. My email is christien.jacobsen@gmail.com

I'm committed to pursuing this and intend on having a demand letter prepared and sent to the Dean's in the next 2 weeks if I don't receive any response from them. In that time I will be trying to contact Greg and Liz, either by phone or in person, to try and come to some sort of settlement or reasoning.

Thanks everyone,

Chris
Who is the Jazz Guy?

darcerin
Redshirt

Post by darcerin » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:30 pm

Edit: Geez I need to learn to read. I thought YOU were trying to move ahead with the lawsuit, Jen. Sorry.

I believe I was the last person to receive any kind of refund for my copy (which was never even published) of Book 2. After that, Greg dropped off the forums.

Try contacting Liz and Greg through Facebook as well, posting negativity on Liz's product wall might get some response. It is absolutely deplorable that they have let this go for so long.

I know people are waiting on the following:

Shirt Ninja Figurine
Book 2 (apparently "in the works" still)
Various other items - I seem to recall bumper stickers or something? I know at least one person mentioned something along those lines.

So it's not just shirt ninja figurines people are waiting on, the Deans have dropped the ball on the entire line.

I would suggest creating a new thread here that's titled "Dean Lawsuit". I doubt Greg's reading the forums anymore, or he would have been protesting and pulling those posts that even remotely suggested legal action (at least two or three of them have been mine).

As I've said in the past, enough is enough. As I don't have a dog in the fight anymore, I can't join the lawsuit, but I'll be cheering any steps forward from the sidelines.

ShadowDragon
Redshirt

Post by ShadowDragon » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:37 pm

I put something on her wall when it first opened, they quickly got rid of it and he lied to us again about sending them out (not that I was expecting it to be the truth).

FirebirdNC
Mad Hatteras

Post by FirebirdNC » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:54 pm

This was posted by Greg on his Facebook page. "Greg Dean OK guys, I'm here. I've gotten some help in getting the money together to ship more figurines out, and I'm going to START with everyone who has posted in this thread. Look for an e-mail from the USPS, and that will let you know it has gone out." So I would suggest posting in the facebook thread. The thread/post was started by Peter Van de Velde and has a meme of Greg if you need help finding the right one. Good Luck!
~Insert clever bon mot here~

oldbushie
Redshirt

Post by oldbushie » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:46 pm

On which page? I can't find it anywhere. Do I have to be friends with Greg to see it? Or is there a fan page for Real Life Comics that I'm missing? The two pages I found besides Greg's were a wikipedia style page and a near-empty fan page.

bagheadinc
Bay Harbor Butcher

Post by bagheadinc » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:54 pm

oldbushie
Redshirt

Post by oldbushie » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:57 pm

Thanks!