Shirt Ninja Figurine

Talk about today's strip, or anything about the comic in general. You can also talk about any of the characters... but don't expect a response. They're FICTIONAL, you guys... sheesh. :)
Jilar
Redshirt

Re: Shirt Ninja Figurine

Post by Jilar » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:04 pm

I lurk...
bad wolf

BtEO
Redshirt

Post by BtEO » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:13 pm

oldbushie wrote:I can pretend to be one...
Hey! That's my shtick.

oldbushie
Redshirt

Post by oldbushie » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:53 pm

Whoops, sorry. *removes his hand*

golden_eternity
Redshirt

Post by golden_eternity » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:47 am

Still waiting... Order 2107 from 12/27/08. Order 3391 from 6/11/09 (I forgot I had ordered one, since the first one never arrived).

The four year anniversary draws near. I've long since stopped following the comic because of how angry I am with the Deans over this. I can't see them as anything but thieves at this point. Some sort of response from them in the last few years would have prevented that opinion, but they hide from us, their formerly loyal fanbase.
Shirt Ninja Order...
Order id #2107
Order date 12/27/2008 20:51
Order Status Processed

ShadowDragon
Redshirt

Post by ShadowDragon » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:12 am

I was never given an order number, just a transaction ID. Ordered mine on 5/12/08

sorakirei
Redshirt

Post by sorakirei » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:50 am

Also still waiting. Order #278 from 5/22/08. I've moved twice since I made this order so I'm in constant worry that my address on file is wrong on the sliver of hope that it will ever ship. The last email I sent on February 24, 2011 was to provide my current address. I don't think I ever got a reply.
Tekkoshocon: Pittsburgh's Anime Convention
Order id #278
Order date 05/22/2008 07:28
Product Shirt Ninja Figurine
Quantity 1

darcerin
Redshirt

Post by darcerin » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:21 pm

As I've stated before, you need to hit them where it hurts. Inform Project Wonderful what the Deans are doing, so that takes down their advertising (and they'll stop getting revenue), and then serve them lawsuit papers. You HAVE to act like your serious about this. Posting on the forum Greg never replies to anymore (although I'm sure he trolls it) isn't working, so you're going to have to step up your measures to either get your statue (which I'm sure most of you would look at with contempt after all this), or get your refund.

I don't know if there's a statute of limitations on this, but if it needs to go before small claims and a judge, the sooner the better. You have ALL the evidence you need just with your order numbers and any of Greg's previous posts about how he tried to get them shipped, they got sent back to the creators, then shipped them to his new address, then he didn't have any money to ship them to the people who PAID him to give them a product. Personally, it's just poor planning on the Dean's part to have moved knowing those statues were coming, but legally, it's fraud.

Light a fire under him, folks. Enough is enough.

riggs
Redshirt

Post by riggs » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:23 am

Awesome, according to today's post ... they can't afford to ship the products that people already paid for (if they even exist). But Greg was kind enough to buy an embroidery machine for Liz so she can open up a brand NEW store to sell stuff out of.

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Shirt Ninja Figurine

Post by Deacon » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:32 pm

Yeah, I saw that and marveled. I wonder if stuff ordered through that store will actually be delivered.
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

DVST8R
Redshirt

Post by DVST8R » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:46 am

I was thinking the exact same thing guys, they still have orders from here not fulfilled, so they go and open up a new store. Someone should go post a link to here on their facebook page

ShadowDragon
Redshirt

Post by ShadowDragon » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:58 pm

I just posted a link to this thread and a warning to potential scam victims on the facebook page. I'm sure they'll remove it though.

m4sterp
Redshirt

Post by m4sterp » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:53 pm

From the facebook page in response to opening a new store while other things still needed to be sent out:

Greg Dean: "The store is entirely Liz' domain.

That being said, shipping of figurines kind of fell apart after our finances did - we went through a LOT of really hard times, and have just been scraping by for the past few years. Last week, however, I recieved a fairly decent sum of money as part of a class action settlement, and Liz and I resolved that one of the first things we would do with it was get the figurines shipped out. We spent the last few days finalizing stuff for her store, and now that that's done, I'm going to be spending my evenings packaging and sending ALL remaining figurines.

The book is coming as well - it's been sent to the printer at this point, and the mockup should be in my hands shortly. Don't have hard dates for that, but I'm going to be getting some shipping help as well, so that should go fairly quickly."

oldbushie
Redshirt

Post by oldbushie » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:57 pm

Well, at least he's finally responded! If I do get those figurines I might actually read the comic again...

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Shirt Ninja Figurine

Post by Deacon » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:52 pm

Good news indeed. Hopefully it pans out...
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

sorakirei
Redshirt

Post by sorakirei » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:24 am

Also from the facebook, send any shipping updates to gregdean@gmail.com
Tekkoshocon: Pittsburgh's Anime Convention
Order id #278
Order date 05/22/2008 07:28
Product Shirt Ninja Figurine
Quantity 1