Shirt Ninja Figurine

Talk about today's strip, or anything about the comic in general. You can also talk about any of the characters... but don't expect a response. They're FICTIONAL, you guys... sheesh. :)
oldbushie
Crazy Person

Shirt Ninja Figurine

Post by oldbushie » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:15 pm

Any word yet on when they'll start shipping out? I'm really looking forward to getting mine. Thanks!

Lizzegirle
Forum Queen

Re: Shirt Ninja Figurine

Post by Lizzegirle » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:09 pm

We still need some moolah in order to pay for them, then it'll be about a month after ordering before they ship to us via boat. So it's still a little ways off. Soon though, hopefully!

oldbushie
Crazy Person

Post by oldbushie » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:51 pm

Thanks for the update! ^_^

ShadowLord
Crazy Person

Post by ShadowLord » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:52 pm

Any update on a possible shipping date yet? I'm really keen to hold one in my hands (and show it off to my friends) :)

Lizzegirle
Forum Queen

Post by Lizzegirle » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:15 pm

No, we've been trying to get ahold of the manufacturer to get these ordered but their not answering our emails. I'm not sure if we have a phone number or if there is even anyone there that can speak English enough to work this out. We're trying though! :(

oldbushie
Crazy Person

Post by oldbushie » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:59 pm

Good luck in getting 30 more sold! I'm so tempted to buy a second one...

Anyways, I'm definitely looking forward to it. :D

oldbushie
Crazy Person

Post by oldbushie » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:21 pm

Woo! 100%! I ended up buying a second one after all to help close the gap, glad to see it worked. :B

aionys
Crazy Person

Post by aionys » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:46 pm

What's the status on this? Any guess on when they'll be delivered?

Lizzegirle
Forum Queen

Post by Lizzegirle » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:06 pm

Soon I hope! They've been ordered (awhile ago) and we're just waiting for them to get on the slow boat. =D

aionys
Crazy Person

Post by aionys » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:54 pm

Well, please let us know when there's a set date. I've been patiently waiting for mine for awhile, and it's starting to itch. I'm not too good at being patient. ;)

Glich
Crazy Person

Post by Glich » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:23 am

did this company hit every web comic out there? you did it then PVP did it now CADs doing it..

aionys
Crazy Person

Post by aionys » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:04 pm

Ooh! I had a great idea! Make it a Christmas present! With fancy wrapping and whatnot!

SailorButterfly
Crazy Person

Post by SailorButterfly » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:46 pm

I understand complications, but the wait is getting to be a little frustrating. When it was announced that they would come out at the end of July, I thought, "great! I'll get it as a birthday present for my friend who loves Real Life whose birthday is at the end of July." I knew that I would be pushing it, so I half expected it to be at least little late. When I didn't get it, I just told him on his birthday that I had ordered it, that it should hopefully be in within a month (which was what the front page was saying about them at the time), and that I'd give it to him when I got it. Now here it is almost Christmas, and I haven't even been able to give him his birthday present yet. :(

You think I'd learn about trying to use anything from this site as a present. I ordered a print for this same friend in October last year to be used as a Christmas present that year, and after absolutely no word on the status of the order even after several e-mails to any e-mail address I could find, it finally randomly showed up in the mail around late Feb/ early March. >.<
Order id #92
Order date 05/13/2008 20:45
Order Status Processed
Product Shirt Ninja Figurine
Quantity 1

Greg Dean
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Greg Dean » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:20 am

I do feel like crap about this, but it's taking much, much longer to produce these than I was originally expecting. However, I did get confirmation from the producer that the box design was done, so I expect to hear something back from them any day now. I will let you know when a hard and fast shipping date becomes available.

Sorry again for the wait. :(

Lizzegirle
Forum Queen

Post by Lizzegirle » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:38 am

SailorButterfly wrote:You think I'd learn about trying to use anything from this site as a present. I ordered a print for this same friend in October last year to be used as a Christmas present that year, and after absolutely no word on the status of the order even after several e-mails to any e-mail address I could find, it finally randomly showed up in the mail around late Feb/ early March. >.<
This shouldn't be the case. We were extremely back-logged after our move to Texas last year and had a bit of a *ahem* "adjustment" period where we were trying to figure out how Greg could work on the comic and Dave's Gourmet at the same time, but it shouldn't have taken that long. I also reply back to ALL emails I receive. At that time I was checking the rlcomicsstore@gmail.com, liz@reallifecomics.com, and advertising@reallifecomics.com and ALWAYS responded back to any questions I received. Even so, a print shouldn't have taken 5 months to go out.

The figurine is a different story. We just weren't getting enough orders for us to actually pay for them. So we had to wait until we had sold enough and now we're just waiting on them to produce them and send them over on the slow boat. We're working with an Asian company, so there is often delays due to different holiday schedules and different work hours (our Friday is their Saturday, etc) so it's been difficult. Also, we've had a bit of a learning curve as to how Asian companies work. In the US, when they need something from you, they usually email you. With Asian companies, they kind of assume that you'll know that they need something and put an entire project on hold until you give it to them. It's been quite eye-opening.

So yes, there have been delays. We are working to get past them and will work even harder to get them out the door once they arrive.