11/1/07 Cloak and Dagger

Talk about today's strip, or anything about the comic in general. You can also talk about any of the characters... but don't expect a response. They're FICTIONAL, you guys... sheesh. :)
cosmic_hippo
Crazy Person

11/1/07 Cloak and Dagger

Post by cosmic_hippo » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:32 pm

Best Movie ever. I watched it after I got home from San Antonio and still loved it. The opening scene is especially good too. All the fake spy stuff was the coolest when I was a kid.
END OF LINE

Bigity
Crazy Person

Re: 11/1/07 Cloak and Dagger

Post by Bigity » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:52 pm

Yea, it was a pretty awesome movie..back when it was new.
No person was ever honored for what he received. Honor has been the reward for what he gave. -- Calvin Coolidge

Today's liberals wish to disarm us so they can run their evil and oppressive agenda on us. The fight against crime is just a convenient excuse to further their agenda. I don't know about you, but if you hear that Williams' guns have been taken, you'll know Williams is dead. -- Walter Williams, Professor of Economics, George Mason University

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:31 pm

This is really more for Liz, but Miss Congeniality was on TNT last night, so I recorded it so I could see what the deal was (maybe it's a good movie?). I happened to catch it at exactly the right time, apparently, because it turns out the boat pilot dude was right: the swimsuit preliminary was indeed one of the events filmed at that little river-side stage and amphitheater.
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

OneWing
Crazy Person

Post by OneWing » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:14 pm

I have to say, you should make the background on these a little more yellowish. The greyness makes it seem so out of place.

Oh, and just about where you were thinking about that Cloak and Dagger scene, if you go up to the street level and to the right two blocks, I think you go right in front of the two major stage theaters in San Antonio: The Empire and the Majestic. Right in between is a swanky little corner bar called the Davenport. The drinks seem expensive at first, until you realize they do not pour singles - ever. They also have the largest selection of tequilas and scotches in town. Great little place. Avoid it on the weekends, though, as it gets a bit too crowded.

hazzamon
Crazy Person

Post by hazzamon » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:37 pm

Is it just me, or does the given plot synopsis of Cloak & Dagger sound a lot like Enemy Of The State? :lol:
I've nothing better to do

philippos42
Crazy Person

Post by philippos42 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:39 am

Hey, don't be knockin' Cloak and Dagger. (Though it is really weird.)
GENERATION 5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and increment the generation by 1. Consider it a social experiment.
Spoiler: (click to reveal/hide)
Actually, I should be Generation 6, but I didn't notice it on a post by UFOs8MyCat.