Fear the new perspective! 7-13-04

Talk about today's strip, or anything about the comic in general. You can also talk about any of the characters... but don't expect a response. They're FICTIONAL, you guys... sheesh. :)
Blaze
Crazy Person

Fear the new perspective! 7-13-04

Post by Blaze » Tue Jul 13, 2004 6:42 am

Yes, fear it!

And yet, it still looks like Greg to me! Commendations are in order. The art progresses nicely! I look foward to more panels from various perspectives! I always like it when that gets tossed in.

Ashley E.
Crazy Person

Post by Ashley E. » Tue Jul 13, 2004 6:58 am

SMITHYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!

The new perspective does ROCK! :lol:

VinnieH
Crazy Person

Post by VinnieH » Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:03 am

Nice comic... I know exactly how it feels.
I can remember those Diablo II: LoD days where I was so close to lvl 92 but then some stinkin' little creature made me lose some (read: helluvalot) xp.

Nice perspective on the last frame Gregmeister :D
As a final touch, God created the Dutch.
Proud moderator of The Lancersreactor!

Accer
Crazy Person

Re: Fear the new perspective! 7-13-04

Post by Accer » Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:42 am

Cripes, that whole thing was comic genius. :lol:

Props on the dialouge too. I love Greg's frozen smile in panel 2.

Jack_Mikhail
Crazy Person

Post by Jack_Mikhail » Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:51 am

It looks hella-nice!
There are 10 types of people, those that understand binary and those that don't.

RachelEvil
Crazy Person

Post by RachelEvil » Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:53 am

Wow. New perspective in the last panel totally adds to the impact of the scene. The disjointment of being taken out of a familiar context conveys Greg's anger and shock beautifully. Plus, "SMITHYYYY!!!!" is even more fun to say than "KHAAAAAAN!"

The twitch in panel 3, though, just makes the whole thing. :)
Rachel Evil McCall
http://www.rachelevil.com

StruckingFuggle
Crazy Person

Post by StruckingFuggle » Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:55 am

Khan's better because the "A" gets held a lot better than the "Y" in "Smithy"
"He who lives by the sword dies by my arrow."

"In your histories, there are continual justifications for all manner of hellish actions. Claims of nobility and heritage and honor to cover up every bit of genocide, assassination, and massacre. At least the Horde is honest in their naked lust for power."

Arc Orion
Crazy Person
Omnicode: sxy cm175 kg108 esO.contacts sp= Ag1985.September.20 anE hdd Lo47,226614N-122,46152W Rl! Kd! MBINTP FH! IN10 AdI PrC(2)^(8)

Post by Arc Orion » Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:58 am

Really, Greg should pick those clothes up off the floor. Oh, and I loved the new perspective.
I need fewer water.

dmpotter
Crazy Person

Post by dmpotter » Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:22 am

On a mildly related subject, I was crafting Silver Ingots from Silver Beastcoins this evening. I wind up with 10, which is two shy of a stack of the ingots (since you can only sell 1 or a full 12 on the Auction House).

Looking at the price history, I see that someone named Sagus had practically bought out the Auction House of Silver Beastcoins. I almost tried to track this "Sagus" character down since he was in Port Jeuno at the time, but instead I popped over to Bastok to finish the stack and place it on the AH.

So: SAGUUUUUUS!

(Well, I did finally complete the stack and placed them on the AH, so hopefully I'll be getting 23k shortly. Total cost of materials came to like 35k, so that's a net profit of, um...

I hate crafting.)

Oh, and no one below level 51 can complain about XP loss on death. If I die now, I lose 2000 XP. :P

Dremour
Crazy Person

Post by Dremour » Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:24 am

I wanna play so bad. Stupid not good computer.
Stuff Happens.

Quanta
Crazy Person

Post by Quanta » Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:56 am

It's quite funny. I enjoyed it. :)

I think Greg left out some of the major details though, like the sheer number of Smithies (no less than 3 per train, with maybe a few Yuhtunga Mandragoras near the zoneline to sleep anybody trying to get to or from Kazham) and the survivors of the idiot party that pulled them in the first place, as well as the /shouts in Kazham going "<t > to Kahzam zone...Oh wait, we zoned. NOBODY GO OUTSIDE!!!"

Oh, and Greg's room is a mess...he needs to clean. ;)

Oh, and Goldsmithing is for people who are already rich...choose another hobby, or mine the silver in Palborough to reduce costs, or mine Zeruhn for iron ore and sell it to buy Silver Beastcoins, and move to Silver Ore ASAP 'cuz there is absolutely NO profit margin in Silver Beastcoin ingots. Oh, and do all your goldsmithing in Bastok when starting out so you can get image support and avoid breakage due to low skill. And synth on Darksday for the most skillups. Do Smithing while you're at it as well and make Iron Ingots at level 13 until 21 and sell them for 30k a stack. It should be extremely cheap if you mine Zeruhn for the ore and then get image support from the Blacksmith's guild to help you make the ingots successfully, plus you have the chance to make Steel Ingots, which sell nice on their own for about 4-5k an ingot (on my server at least). Some people suggest desynthing Goblin Helms at 15 skill, but that can get expensive unless you farm the helmets yourself and you're not always guaranteed a success or a Steel Ingot, though if you get a stack of Steel Ingots, you've got yourself a stack of 60k gil or possibly more depending on market conditions on your server all for the cost of a stack of Lightning Crystals, which are around 1000gil a stack, or free if you can kill the Lightning Elementals in Konschtat Highlands for clusters.

This has been your Random Crafting Tip of the Moment with Kwantagwanta. :D

Ashley E.
Crazy Person

Post by Ashley E. » Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:00 am

I make thousands in a day and just have to buy stuff... people LOATH me. :twisted:

heavybass
Crazy Person

Post by heavybass » Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:13 am

SMITHYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"lightning flashes all round him, and thunder is heard as well"

I'LL GET YOU!!!!

Culan_Cuhan
Crazy Person

Post by Culan_Cuhan » Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:22 pm

Beautiful. And it reminded me of being in Yhoator when I was 29 with 35 XP tnl. And then my party disbanded.

So full of rage.

But then an old friend passed by and offered to PL me for the XP. :D

Now I'm the happy RNG of Fenrir. :)

And the new perspective made me giggle muchly.
We are all aware that the senses can be deceived, the eyes fooled; but how can we be sure our senses are not being deceived at any particular time, or even all the time? Might I just be a brain in a tank somewhere? Tricked all my life into believing in the events of this world by some insane computer? And does my life gain or lose meaning based on my reaction to such solipsism?
- Project Piro, specimen 46, vat 7. Activity recorded mission year, 2302-22467. Termination of specimen advised.

Glich
Crazy Person

Re: Fear the new perspective! 7-13-04

Post by Glich » Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:52 pm

ah yes one of the resons i stoped playing FFXI online. i had to relevel 33 redmage like 5 times.... o well i am wating for EQ2 NO FRIGGING EXP LOSS!!!