Just Pick C

Talk about today's strip, or anything about the comic in general. You can also talk about any of the characters... but don't expect a response. They're FICTIONAL, you guys... sheesh. :)
werefrog
Crazy Person

Just Pick C

Post by werefrog » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:43 am

That statement reminds The Werefrog of how The Werefrog got back at the chronically late students.

One day, The Werefrog made a pop quiz, and as class time started, The Werefrog informed the class that every answer was C. The entire quiz. Then, The Werefrog handed it out. As late students arrived, they got their quizzes as well.

Every on time student had one of the easiest quizzes of their life. Every late student got really worried by question 10 (maybe before), when every answer that far had been c, and they continued to be. So many chose answers they thought were wrong because every answer couldn't possibly be c.
Semper Ubi, Sub Ubi

Seannery
Crazy Person

Teacher marks self wrong

Post by Seannery » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:12 pm

My middle school history teacher bowdlerized himself about the origin of a certain locally populous ethnicity (ostensibly this is important around here, don't really understand why), saying newcomers had families with persons of the native ethnicity, then teacher used a idiomatic phrase effectively an ellipsis. I memorized exactly what they said because I had to think through what exactly they meant (idiomatic phrases should be banned from educational establishments for the ease of the student). The test asked how this ethnicity became, and I answered verbatim what the teacher said. The same teacher marked that answer insufficient, so I had to remind them they said exactly those words in exactly that order and nothing more. But in a computer, who do you complain about a wrong question? O^O
liberté, égalité, muliebrité

werefrog
Crazy Person

Re: Just Pick C

Post by werefrog » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:56 pm

The only verbatim item any teacher taught that The Werefrog can still remember is from 6th grade: Imperialism is the taking of colonies for the good of the mother country.
Semper Ubi, Sub Ubi

auntmousie
Crazy Person

Post by auntmousie » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:20 am

My favorite multiple choice question and answer ever - because, yes, I have one - was from Astronomy 10 at UC Berkeley.

As best I can remember it, the question was thus:
"It is midnight, and Venus is midsky. You therefore deduce that you are:
A. At the North pole.
B. At the South pole.
C. At the Equator.
D. Hallucinating."
When all is said and done, more is generally said than is done.
Ask me anything - no, really - but be warned: I will answer. If you didn't want to know... don't ask.

Seannery
Crazy Person

Post by Seannery » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:07 pm

I don't remember verbatim now, but I did for at least a half decade. After a couple years, it was all I remembered from history class.
werefrog wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:56 pm
The only verbatim item any teacher taught that The Werefrog can still remember is from 6th grade: Imperialism is the taking of colonies for the good of the mother country.
Reminds me: a Russian told `родина' (motherland), `отечество' (fatherland) mean `home country,' but родина is the people, but отечество is the government. I've heard America is the `uncle-land.'
auntmousie wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:20 am
"It is midnight, and Venus is midsky. You therefore deduce that you are:
E. On Mercury.''

werefrog
Crazy Person

Post by werefrog » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:58 pm

Seannery wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:07 pm
Reminds me: a Russian told `родина' (motherland), `отечество' (fatherland) mean `home country,' but родина is the people, but отечество is the
Are we at least the cool uncle that sneaks us soda pop and candy?
Semper Ubi, Sub Ubi

Seannery
Crazy Person

Post by Seannery » Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:01 am

werefrog wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:58 pm
Are we at least the cool uncle that sneaks us soda pop and candy?
A potent technique of those by whom Nabokov characterized editors, for purposes strict interpretation elucidates; lest I provoke any direction, on such topics I prefer being mum.

werefrog
Crazy Person

Post by werefrog » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:49 pm

Seannery wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:01 am
A potent technique of those by whom Nabokov characterized editors, for purposes strict interpretation elucidates; lest I provoke any direction, on such topics I prefer being mum.
Oh, so you're saying we can't have soda and candy, but to eat our vegetables. (mum being an alternative to mom in some British dialects)
Semper Ubi, Sub Ubi

Seannery
Crazy Person

Archaic ma'am---don't tell mummy!

Post by Seannery » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:29 pm

werefrog wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:49 pm
Oh, so you're saying we can't have soda and candy, but to eat our vegetables.
I'm saying it wouldn't hurt for you to consider your health. Just look at Older Sibling №2, eating any first thing coming into their hand, and look at them now! [Seannery shoves photograph of ostensible Older Sibling №2 into The Werefrog's face.] Look! You wouldn't want to end up like that, would you? I'm only saying any of this because I care---I would be very disappointed in you if you didn't live up to every my intricate expectation about how you should live your life---mum's the word.
Is it too much to ask?