Comic Buffer

Talk about today's strip, or anything about the comic in general. You can also talk about any of the characters... but don't expect a response. They're FICTIONAL, you guys... sheesh. :)
werefrog
Crazy Person

Comic Buffer

Post by werefrog » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:31 pm

Amazing. The Werefrog was about to post about the lack of updates for the past while, and now we know why.

How much of a buffer seems to be the right amount, though?
Semper Ubi, Sub Ubi

FirebirdNC
Mad Hatteras

Re: Comic Buffer

Post by FirebirdNC » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:52 pm

Honestly, it didn't bother me at all. I expected with the holidays for there to be a considerable downtime which is how it should be. A family should come before strangers on the internet :P.
~Insert clever bon mot here~

terminal2k
Crazy Person

Post by terminal2k » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:37 am

FirebirdNC wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:52 pm
A family should come before strangers on the internet :P.
this may come as a surprise, but strangers on the internet disagree with you

Doc Giggles
Crazy Person

Post by Doc Giggles » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:47 am

It's sad that people would get upset about someone missing an update they do for fun and give away for free.
Disciple of Gnarr
“Let there be truth, happiness, and waffles”
-Nomad, Dark Lord & Avatar of Gnarr

werefrog
Crazy Person

Post by werefrog » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:35 am

It was actually more due to the return statements that there is a buffer, and then when comics ran out, there was no update or note that life was busy without enough buffer. How are we to know if this will continue again, or if it was back to no updates.

A quick post on these fora would have let us know that the comic buffer ran out, but holiday requirements prevent enough time to make new ones, but the comic isn't in a long hiatus, it's just no updates until holiday season ends.
Semper Ubi, Sub Ubi

FirebirdNC
Mad Hatteras

Post by FirebirdNC » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:04 pm

terminal2k wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:37 am
FirebirdNC wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:52 pm
A family should come before strangers on the internet :P.
this may come as a surprise, but strangers on the internet disagree with you
They won't be the first or the last lol.
~Insert clever bon mot here~

Doc Giggles
Crazy Person

Post by Doc Giggles » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:01 am

Almost every comic I follow has times when they just stop posting for awhile. It's rare when they say why. I guess I'm just used to this and don't see what the big deal is. Because Greg is doing this for fun, he really doesn't owe anyone an explanation when there is a break. It is nice to get one, but there is no requirement to give it to us. Hell, I wouldn't care if he dropped it to one comic a week without saying anything about why.

There is another reason I don't make a big deal over a break when it comes to Greg. We almost lost this comic because Gregs life was getting in the way of making comics and the stress of that caused him to stop. I don't want that to happen again. If people give him shit because he misses an update, it could stop being fun for him. We will lose Greg and the comic. This should be fun for him and us. It doesn't work when that falls apart.
Disciple of Gnarr
“Let there be truth, happiness, and waffles”
-Nomad, Dark Lord & Avatar of Gnarr

I like pie
Crazy Person
Omnicode: Web developer, indie game developer, writer, musician, cartoonist. I love to create.

Post by I like pie » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:10 am

Doc Giggles wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:47 am
It's sad that people would get upset about someone missing an update they do for fun and give away for free.
Misplaced frustration perhaps, but I wouldn't say it's sad. If anything, it shows how invested fans can be. That fans would care enough to be upset at all is something that creators shouldn't take for granted.
"It's like Garr and Andre 3000 of Outkast had a child!" -- StruckingFuggle p339018

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:48 pm

Well said.
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922