Holodeck

Talk about today's strip, or anything about the comic in general. You can also talk about any of the characters... but don't expect a response. They're FICTIONAL, you guys... sheesh. :)
FirebirdNC
Mad Hatteras

Holodeck

Post by FirebirdNC » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:42 am

I love the idea of the holodeck, it has always been one of my favorite aspects of the Trek world. With the VR tech getting better and better I wonder how far off we are from this? I am keeping a close eye on the HTC Vive but at $500 it's still out of my price range. If you could recreate anything/anyplace etc to play in what would it be?
~Insert clever bon mot here~

teddy
Crazy Person

Re: Holodeck

Post by teddy » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:19 pm

Bridge of the Enterprise D. I want to use LCARS on a woodgrain console so bad man.....

werefrog
Crazy Person

Post by werefrog » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:23 pm

The Werefrog would probably go to fictional locations.

Ponyville and Manehattan would be good choices. Then again, being able to meet Sherlock Holmes would also be cool.
Semper Ubi, Sub Ubi

FirebirdNC
Mad Hatteras

Post by FirebirdNC » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:36 pm

So to the previous days comic where Greg was shot to test the parameters. It reminded me of a friend I had who wanted me to shoot him to test out his bulletproof vest. I had to explain to him what concussive force can still do to you. Not the brightest bulb, thankful he didn't ask one of his dimmer bulb friends to do it because they likely would have. It was definitely in line to be one of those "hold my beer and watch this" moments.

werefrog
Crazy Person

Post by werefrog » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:22 am

At least he didn't want to test whether his book was bulletproof, like that youtube video a while back.
Semper Ubi, Sub Ubi

Doc Giggles
Crazy Person

Post by Doc Giggles » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:43 am

Sometimes I wonder if the people that want to test their bulletproof vests understand that once it gets shot or is too old, you have to replace it
Disciple of Gnarr
“Let there be truth, happiness, and waffles”
-Nomad, Dark Lord & Avatar of Gnarr

FirebirdNC
Mad Hatteras

Post by FirebirdNC » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:14 pm

Doc Giggles wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:43 am
Sometimes I wonder if the people that want to test their bulletproof vests understand that once it gets shot or is too old, you have to replace it
I feel like people who want to test if something will kill them or not are probably not looking at long-range issues :P.