Truck-o-rama (10/09/2018)

Talk about today's strip, or anything about the comic in general. You can also talk about any of the characters... but don't expect a response. They're FICTIONAL, you guys... sheesh. :)
Roundtop
Crazy Person

Truck-o-rama (10/09/2018)

Post by Roundtop » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:59 pm

Yup... but lets talk about monthly payments. If we extend your loan term to 80-gagillion months, we can reduce a 32k truck payment to a 20k truck payment*.

* Of course the interest will have you paying over 60K, but we won't mention that.

raptor9k
Crazy Person

Re: Truck-o-rama (10/09/2018)

Post by raptor9k » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:38 pm

I tell those guys to stfu or ask for another sales/finance guy. On my next to last truck I actually walked out on a deal because their finance manager wouldn't leave it alone. Thankfully that worked out in my favor because they had a much nicer truck that was closer to exactly what I wanted for $2k cheaper at the dealership next door.

I hope they were looking at used trucks because I'm not sure you can actually buy a new truck for 20k. Even the stripped down 2wd midsize trucks are 22-23k.
I'm putting my talents and skills to use for a business so that I receive compensatory funds that I may then choose to spend and invest and save as I see fit. If I choose to blow it all on hookers and Dr. Seuss books, I don't see how that means you owe me a comfortable retirement. - Deacon

Greg Dean
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Greg Dean » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:22 pm

Definitely used trucks. But as an FYI - this all took place 3 years ago. :D

raptor9k
Crazy Person

Post by raptor9k » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:33 pm

Yeah, I figured it was a few years ago but I haven't noticed prices change all that much in the last 4-5 years. The trucks I salivate over seem to hover in the 65-70k sticker range.
I'm putting my talents and skills to use for a business so that I receive compensatory funds that I may then choose to spend and invest and save as I see fit. If I choose to blow it all on hookers and Dr. Seuss books, I don't see how that means you owe me a comfortable retirement. - Deacon