Knights of the Old Republic III RP (accepting late players)

Where the great lost quests lie...
seditionist
Crazy Person
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:19 pm

Knights of the Old Republic III RP (accepting late players)

Post by seditionist » Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:53 pm

[center]STAR WARS: KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC
THE SITH WAR
[/center]
The Sith Lords known to the Old Republic have finally ceased to
endanger the crippled galaxy. After Sith defeat at the hands of
the Exile ten years ago, the galaxy has been able to heal the wounds
caused by the Mandalorian and Jedi Civil Wars free of external threat.

Though officially governed by the Senate of the Galactic Republic,
it is through the efforts of the newly reformed Jedi Order on Coruscant
that the galaxy is able to rebuild itself. Despite its successes, however,
the Jedi Council is realizing that a new threat, or a very old one, is
emerging.

In the ten years since the Order’s reformation, news of Revan and
the Exile has failed to surface despite rumors that both left to explore
the vast uncharted regions of the galaxy in search of the lost Sith
race. Meanwhile republic ships, from capital-class cruisers to one-man
fighters, have begun to mysteriously disappear into the cosmos without
a trace. With no other leads, the Jedi Council must contemplate the
visions of a young Padawan that, if true, contain startling implications…
More Information:
The Galactic Republic has enjoyed almost a decade of rejuvenation since the reformation of the Jedi Order. Spearheaded by Jedi Masters Bastila Shan and Jolee Bindo, a small Jedi Council formed and rebuilt the Jedi Academy on Coruscant. When news of this began to spread, many exiled Jedi began to emgerge from hiding and flocked to Coruscant where many were reassigned to war-torn worlds of the Republic to lead restoration projects. Others stayed to hone their own skills and to train a new influx of young padawans. Currently about two thirds of the Jedi Order are still padawans due partly to the fact that the Jedi Council is anxious to increase their ranks, and partly because there seems to have been a dramatic increase in the percentage of force sensitive children.

The reason for this increase is just one of the matters currently under investigation by the Jedi Council. The other, of course, is the matter of the disappearing fleet. Many speculate that the Jedi Council is becoming increasingly worried about this matter which would explain their desire to expand their ranks as quickly as possible.

The Senate of the Galactic Republic, meanwhile, has its hands full with reassembling the governmental infrastructure. While the Jedi have been acting as stewards to the galaxy, the Jedi Council has maken itself clear with the Senate that such will not be their permenant role. They are, of course, dealing with much the same problems as the Council. The disappearing fleet in particular, while still a theoretical problem for the Council, is beginning to seriously hamper the Senate. The fleet, currently the main source of power held by the Senate, is becoming increasingly taxed as it is forced to spread its forces more thinly accross the galaxy. Smugglers and corporations, the Czerka Corporation in particular, are taking advantage of the descreasing presence of the fleet to commit many illicit activities that would otherwise be impossible. Word is beginning to spread that some of the outer rim worlds are being raided by the Czerka Corporation and other organizations who are enslaving entire villages and selling them offworld to wealthy buyers. As such, a growing outcry from outer rim worlds for greater protection, which the fleet is not capable of providing. The result of all this is an increasing pressure from the Senate on the Jedi Order to get to the bottom of the mysterious force behind the fleets dissappearance.

The Players & Their Current Locations
KaymeeraUnleashed:
Padawan Juha - Training at the Jedi Academy

Il Palazzo Sama
R2-XΠ - Merchant District, wandering around and taking inventory of human activities

Grumlen
Ginn Zenla - Merchant District, trying to peddle some wares

workmad3
Jedi Breen Dikala - Meditating at the Jedi Academy

Anyone interested in joining in should PM me their character (use the templates in the interest check thread).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Breen's Chambers at the Jedi Academy
The heavy, untrained footfalls of a sprinting young Padawan announce the coming of a message far before the young Jedi-in-training arrives to give it. Breen is given ample time to come out of his meditation before the young boy arrives, breathless and flushed.

"Master Breen," he says, giving a stiff, quick bow. "I'm here to tell you that the Council wishes to see you in their chambers as soon as you can get there." The boy makes to leave again, taking a step, but pauses with a confused look on his face. Making up his mind, he gives another stiff bow and then bolts back down the corridor in the direction he came from.

Combat Training Room at the Jedi Academy
A loose circle of students and teachers has formed around the center of the room. In the middle, a fierce lightsaber duel is taking place between Padawan Juha and the battle-scarred Jedi Knight Haturin. The lightsabers flash around at lightening speeds, clashing and clashing again with nary a second between blows. Eventually, Haturin is able to gain the upper hand and takes advantage of a miscalculated lunge Juha makes at him. Sidestepping and swirling around, Haturin's lightsaber is poised for a short, killing thrust by the time Juha can recover and turn around.

The battle over, they shut off their lightsabers and clasp hands as the students and teachers around them applaud the show given by the skilled sparring partners. Haturin grins at him.

"You are very skilled with your lightsaber, Padawan Juha. You have only to work on your patience and your technique and you will no doubt surpass my skill with just a few more years of training. I am also to tell you that the Council believes that you are ready to prove your abilities. They have a task for you, I'm told. Do well, and I'm sure that you will not remain a Padawan for much longer. Now, you should get along to the Council's chambers. They are expecting you."

The Merchant District on Coruscant - a few miles from the Jedi Academy
The streets are chaotic, people jostling each other to look at goods, delivery boys running up and down alleys with their packages, and the clamor of voices shouting and yelling. A Bothan and an Ithorian haggle loudly over the price of a battered T3 droid, a young Rodian boy gets a blaster pulled on him when a peddler sees him snag a gaudy, obviously fake piece of jewelry. In the midst of it all, an R2 unit with black and yellow markings rolls serenely through the crowds. Nearby, a Jawa named Ginn Zela glares up at a tall human who is trying to vastly undersell him on a beaten but expertly restored droid motivator.

"Listen ya little sand eater," the man growls. "I suggest that you give me the motivator for the price I offered, or I just might have to take it off your hands without any compensation whatsoever." Making subtle movements, the man slowly draws back his cloak with one hand to reveal that his other hand is pointing a blaster right at the head of the little Jawa.
-this has been a message from your friendly, neigborhood seditionist.

KaymeeraUnleashed
Crazy Person
Posts: 2432
Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2003 5:35 am
Location: 49d12'28.51"S 70d19'43.86"E HELP!

Post by KaymeeraUnleashed » Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:19 pm

Juha turned off and holstered his lightsabre. He composed himself and bowed slowly towards Haturin. He spoke, as calmly as possible, in his deep, gruff voice.

"Thank you Master Haturin. I will tend to this immediately"

He walked out of the chambers and headed down the hallway, heading for the Council chambers. When well out of earshot, he growled to himself quietly, angrily. He didn't like to lose. He then quickly shook his head and tried to clear his mind. Anger leads to Hate he recalled. He stopped outside the Council chambers and declared his presence to the guard. He would not enter until invited in, it was the respectful thing to do.

Il Palazzo Sama
Crazy Person
Posts: 1683
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 9:14 pm
Location: Hurst, Texas

Post by Il Palazzo Sama » Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:27 pm

Scanning....

Scanning....

0100 1000 0111 0101 0110 1101 0110 0001 0110 1110 0111 0011
0010 1110 0010 1110 0010 1110 0010 0000 0010 0000 0010 0000

Motivator spoted.

0100 1101 0111 0101 0111 0011 0111 0100 0010 0000
0110 0100 0110 0101 0111 0011 0111 0100 0111 0010
0110 1111 0111 1001 0010 0000 0110 0100 0110 0101
0111 0110 0110 1001 0110 0011 0110 0101 0010 1110

Rolling along towards the device and the humanoids discussing it. Conflict. Observe. Roll up to the pair talking.
Palazzo's personal journal

I'm back! maybe....

workmad3
Crazy Person
Posts: 614
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:51 pm

Post by workmad3 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:34 pm

Breen stands up, and brushes down his robes. He looks a little quizically at the space occupied by the messenger that departed very quickly and utters a belated "Thank you, young Padawan" at the now unoccupied space before heading off to the council chambers
I'm still an atheist, thank god.
Christianity: The belief in an invisible santa
RLHLC
Image

seditionist
Crazy Person
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:19 pm

Re: Knights of the Old Republic III RP (accepting late playe

Post by seditionist » Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:59 am

At the Jedi Academy
The Jedi Knight standing guard outside of the nods briskly to the young Cathar Padawan but does not offer him entrance. A few minutes later Breen arrives as well. Before he has a chance to announce himself, the Jedi Knight gives them a small bow. "The Council will see you now." He palms the door lock and the large door parts to admit them into the large atrium that serves as the Council chambers. The Jedi Knight palms the door closed again as the Jedi and the Padawan climb the stairs that take them up to the council.

Arrayed in a half circle with the enormous glass windows behind them, the six Jedi Masters sitting on the Council beckon the two to stand in the middle of the circle. One of the seats is occupied by a hologram of the Jedi Master who would normally sit in it. He is the easily recognizable Jedi Master Shorem, an old Twi'lek bearing the scars of many battles with one of his tentacles mysteriously absent, long lost to a battle many years ago. He was a favorite instructor among the Padawans before he left to oversee restoration efforts on Dantooine, which is where he must be sitting in on the meeting from.

"Padawan Juha, Jedi Knight Breen," Jedi Master Bastila Shan begins, "You both have been training at the Academy for several years now. Breen, you have succesfully passed the tests to become a Jedi Knight and you, Juha, have distinguished yourself to the instructors as the most powerful of the students who yet remain Padawans." She pauses to give them an encouraging smile to go with her praise, rare gift as it is from her. "You both of course have your faults, which none of us are without. Padawan Juha, your anger lies just beneath the surface of your mind, and Breen you are as aware as any of your occasional clumsiness and naivete. As Jedi, however, you have the power to overcome and Master these faults. You would not be here if we on the Council did not believe that to be so. We have also decided that it is time for you both to be set a task that will take you beyond the walls of this academy, and indeed, out of this sector of the Galaxy all together. For you Breen, this task would be your first as a Jedi Knight, and for you Juha, this task would be substitute for the usual tests to ascend to the rank of Jedi Knight. I ask you both. Do you feel ready for the responsbility that comes with a task set by the Council?"
-this has been a message from your friendly, neigborhood seditionist.

workmad3
Crazy Person
Posts: 614
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:51 pm

Post by workmad3 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:07 am

"Master Bastila, I feel honored by your confidence in me. I would gladly accept any duty the council feels I am fit for."

Breen bows in acceptance as he is saying this
I'm still an atheist, thank god.
Christianity: The belief in an invisible santa
RLHLC
Image

KaymeeraUnleashed
Crazy Person
Posts: 2432
Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2003 5:35 am
Location: 49d12'28.51"S 70d19'43.86"E HELP!

Post by KaymeeraUnleashed » Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:26 am

"I am ready, Master"

Following in Master Breen's lead, Juda bows. Quickly forgetting his previous dilemma, Juha anticipates her next lines with great curiosity, wondering what this quest may be.

Posted Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:28 am:

OOC: I'm gonna be away until Friday, if need arises, feel free to push along my character...

Grumlen
Crazy Person
Posts: 3122
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2003 6:35 pm
Location: *points at his feet* Here

Post by Grumlen » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:49 am

"Well, when you put it that way . . ."

Gin doesn't even bother to reveal his own blaster (stun modified), and simply blasts the thug point-blank in the groin.

" . . . I guess our business is concluded."
"I'll have to confess, Mr. Chairman, that I am also a video game player. I have worked my way up to Civilization IV. I haven't yet been able to beat it but I at least understand the fundamentals of it." - Texas Representative Joe Barton

seditionist
Crazy Person
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:19 pm

Post by seditionist » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:08 am

Bastila studied them for a moment after they had given their responses, and then smiled. "Good. We expected as much." She then turned to her left to Jedi Master Jolee Bindo.

He cleared his voice and began in his gruff voice. "You are aware, of course, of the problems that the galaxy and the Jedi Order face at this point in time. Between the restoration efforts and the disappearing fleet, the Jedi Order is being taxed beyond measure and all that we have accomplished in these past years is in danger of being undone. You are not aware that we may already have the key to solving this problem. A very young Padawan named Iya has been having some strange dreams..." Master Bindo thumbs a button on the armrest of his chair and a hologram springs to life between the Jedi Masters and Juha and Breen, a recording.

In it a girl of about age nine dressed in the robes of a Padawan is lying on her back on a sleeping mat. Her head tosses and turns and two Jedi Knights kneel over her looking frightened and concerned. Her mouth is clearly moving and Bindo presses another button and her words suddenly become audible.

"-yond the rim ... coming, they've already come... dark legions ... creators, corrupters, changers ... they've come ... black ships for black space ... they bring darkness ... they make nothingness..." She suddenly goes stiff and her eyelids fly open to show her eyes are rolled up into their sockets. In a clear voice she says, "The Sith return - with war and the two strongest in the Force. They have learned balance."

Bindo presses a final button and the hologram dissappears. "She goes on like that for hours during her sleep... When she wakes she can remember very little of what she said, and she vaguely recalls images going along with the words as well. We would pass it off as delirium but for the last part where she seems only lucid. Frankly, there are too many coincidences in her ramblings and we on the Council believe that the the matter should be investigated more thoroughly. Unfortunately, we do not have the power here to delve deeper into young Iya's visions. It will require an old Jedi relic on Dantooine, and no I'm not talking about Master Shorem." He chuckles a bit at his own joke, as does Master Shorem's hologram though the other Masters don't do so much as smirk. "Your task will be to escort Padawan Iya to Dantooine where you will assist Jedi Master Shorem in using the relic."

"Do not make the mistake of underestimating this task," Bastila continues. "The Jedi Order is growing, but growth grows enemies as well. You will not go free of confrontation and you must keep all that you have learned close at hand to avert disaster and, above all else, protect Padawan Iya. Unfortunately," Bastila sighs, "we do not have a ship or a pilot available for your use. The Order has exhausted its own, small supply of ships and the Fleet of the Republic is, of course, in dire need of every ship it has available. Breen, I've been told that you can pilot a small vessel, so your first step will be to acquire one to pilot. I would also suggest putting together a small crew to help you. The means by which you get these things I leave up to you. Iya will be waiting here when you are ready to depart." She takes another long look at the two young Jedi, as do the other members of the Council. "May the Force be with you."
-this has been a message from your friendly, neigborhood seditionist.

workmad3
Crazy Person
Posts: 614
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:51 pm

Post by workmad3 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:06 pm

"May the force be with us all, Master Bastilla, come, young Juda, let us see what ships we can find"

Breen heads out of the council chamber with Juda and heads to the merchant district to see what ships are on sale.

Posted Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:16 am:

Breen and Juda arrive at the merchant district and look around
I'm still an atheist, thank god.
Christianity: The belief in an invisible santa
RLHLC
Image

User avatar
Cyberliger777
Crazy Person
Posts: 1903
Joined: Fri May 30, 2003 5:19 pm
Real Name: Zachary
Gender: Male
Location: Seattle, WA

Post by Cyberliger777 » Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:10 am

(OOC) HI!

For the young Padawan, the day was free for he own enjoyment. His master was gone on a mission that the counsel had assigned to his just last night. Before he left though, he told Luwafa to get some training in his force powers. But Luwafa, as usually, decided to wander the halls of the academy instead.

While he was wasting his time, he happened to see Breen and Juda head for the main door out of the building. For some reason, Luwafa felt his should fallow them to where ever they where going. Acting quickly, he activated his Stealth Field Generator and fallowed them to the merchant district.

Suddenly without warning, his belt failed on him and he was now right in front of them both. Sheepishly smiling Luwafa asks, "So, what are you looking for in the merchant district"
Image

KaymeeraUnleashed
Crazy Person
Posts: 2432
Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2003 5:35 am
Location: 49d12'28.51"S 70d19'43.86"E HELP!

Post by KaymeeraUnleashed » Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:50 pm

Keeping his silence, Juha simply bowed to the council as Breen walked off. He then followed him out of the Jedi Academy and onto the streets. As he walked, he could sense and hear the steps of an overzealous padawan as he followed, an amateur at the use of stealth; he was only invisible to the eye. They were merely a few steps outside when his stealth generator failed, and he was in plain sight. However eyes revealed what the ears could not, the padawan was a Bothan, no, a half-blood; too tall for a Bothan and too hairy for a Human. He addressed the pair. Juha chose silence, he had little patience for the young rogue. Instead he took in the surroundings, looking among the merchants, passers-by lest he find something of interest

OOC: Hi. Why do you keep saying "fallow"? It's follow...

Il Palazzo Sama
Crazy Person
Posts: 1683
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 9:14 pm
Location: Hurst, Texas

Post by Il Palazzo Sama » Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:12 pm

OOC waiting...for some response for mine and grumlens character.
Palazzo's personal journal

I'm back! maybe....

workmad3
Crazy Person
Posts: 614
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:51 pm

Post by workmad3 » Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:04 pm

OOC: sorry for the long delay from my char, for some reason the dns my mum uses couldnt find the forums all weekend :? also, hi to CyberLiger, and on with the game :)

Breen decides to wait and see what happens as the young padawan following him and Juha attempts to follow. Breen had already recognised the presence as this padawan was always sneaking around the academy. When his stealth generator fails and he asks 'So, what are you looking for in the merchant district' Breen makes a decision

"We are looking for a ship, and a crew. It is for a mission given to us by the council. If I remember, your master has been sent on a different mission and left you behind to study. As you seem to have disregarded this I think we will take you with us. I expect you to train your skills while we are carrying out this mission. For now, you will help us find a ship"

Breen then heads deeper into the merchant district with the two padawans and starts to look for a ship
I'm still an atheist, thank god.
Christianity: The belief in an invisible santa
RLHLC
Image

KaymeeraUnleashed
Crazy Person
Posts: 2432
Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2003 5:35 am
Location: 49d12'28.51"S 70d19'43.86"E HELP!

Post by KaymeeraUnleashed » Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:41 am

OOC: Ok this just officially sucks - why does the GM bail, without even a post, on every single RP I've joined for a while now...

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Common Crawl (Research) and 0 guests