MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!!!

Talk about whatever you feel like.
Elemental
Redshirt

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!!!

Post by Elemental » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:47 am

We made it!

Remember how last year I said that it had gone by quickly? This time... well, not so much!

But it's over now! (nearly)

I'm not saying that the end of the year is some kind of magical thing that will make the trials of 2020 disappear. There's still a road ahead that's going to be full of challenges, so why pretend that the turn of a calendar will make any difference?

Because we can, that's why! Ha, take that, logic!

2021 is going to be awesome! (...hopefully. I mean, what do I know?)

But what I do know is that the turn of the year is still something worth celebrating. Even if we're socially distanced, we can still feast! (hopefully) And we might not want to go around hugging each other a whole lot right now, but we can still give each other... stirring compliments and encouragement!

I love compliments and encouragement. Nothing quite like 'em. So, here goes!

Sorted by most recent participation in the last five Christmas threads:

Martin Blank, so patient and dependable! Your posts have a sense of gravity about them, as though you take the time to become an expert on a topic before you try to give any advice about it. Thanks for all your hard work keeping this special place running; you do us all a great honour with your efforts.

Rorschach, hope you're doing well all the way over in Scotland! Has your child moved on from the poo songs yet? They must have been a lot of fun during any applicable lock-downs! Also, thanks for replying with a poem a couple of years back. You so often go the extra mile with things, and you're not afraid to be the first to put real effort into something. I like to think that it helps other people find their own courage, in turn.

FirebirdNC, you're always so quick to participate! I really enjoy seeing your replies - such swift wholesomeness! Hope you had a lot of fun with the master sword. You seem to have a caring quality about you, as though you're really paying attention to other people. It's very warming.

Deacon, I hope you've had an amazing year with your new wife! I hope that DFW has been kind to you. Thanks for always joining in on these threads and filling the place with joy. You're so quick to give encouragement and praise, and I find that really pleasant.

Raptor9k, it's so refreshing to see someone who knows what they are interested in and embraces it wholeheartedly. You pursue a deep knowledge of your interests, and you always seem ready to give people a balanced answer when they ask you for your thoughts. I suspect that lots of people depend on your advice, and that you've really helped them with their decisions.

Werefrog, I hope you've found a most excellent were-lily-pad to inhabit this past year. There's something to be said for someone who can double down on a roleplay and keep it going for the long term; I admire your tenacity.

NickGXZ, I missed you last year! Even if you don't come around often, your presence is always a treat. Hope you've been well.

BtEO, you always seem to know how to say what you want to say with directness and brevity. I think you probably have a real respect for the truth, and I reckon people always know where they stand with you. Those are such a great qualities I bet a lot of people trust you with things.

Sir Spankspeople, I admire your quiet sincerity. You've always come across to me as a humble and thoughtful person. Thanks for sharing your perspective, it's super valuable.

Mav, it's clear to see that you're an individual with only the most refined of ideals. They are so refined as to have a singular point of focus, standing bold and tall among its peers. I appreciate your eagerness to stiffly apply yourself to the great cause of merriment, and I salute you.

iMav, I'm still salty that we missed each other way back when you visited New Zealand. Hope you swing around to the thread this year, I'd love to know how you're doing. I still cherish all the fun we had back in the day.

NorthernComfort, it's clear to see that you're a person who cares a lot about others. I hope that you can make it this year. I'd love to hear more about your puddle of liquid fur, and how long the stuffed reindeer survived the loving ministrations of your dog.

FireAza, you're well named because I've always found you to be a very warm person. You have a sense of enthusiasm about you that is contagious. I'd love to find out what you've been excited about lately.

Ciberliger777, I hope that you can make it this year! Thanks for always being eager to share the things that you enjoy. I've encountered some neat and memorable stuff from your recommendations.

Gravity, you strike me as a very courageous person. You've been through a lot lately, and I hope that 2021 is kinder to you. Thanks for sharing your struggles and helping us all feel a bit less alone in ours.

Blaze, you'll forever be missed. Hope your family and friends are doing okay.

And Mae and Liz, thank you so much for sharing your journey over the past couple of years. Your story, expressed through the comics, has widened my perspective and helped me develop a much better understanding of some very important things. My life is enriched by your honest, sincere, humble, and entertaining expression.

Finally, to anybody that I haven't managed to include, I hope that you nonetheless feel warm and fuzzy and loved.

Merry Christmas, everybody.
Oh look, it's Christmas again!

Martin Blank
Knower of Things
Knower of Things

Re: MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!!!

Post by Martin Blank » Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:59 pm

ELEMENOPEEEEEEEE!

It's heartwarming that you keep us all in mind and come back each year to wish us well. You are RLF's Christmas tradition. :)
If I show up at your door, chances are you did something to bring me there.

Jamie Bond
Agent 0.07
Agent 0.07

Post by Jamie Bond » Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:40 pm

Merry Christmas!
Very nice post.
"Go get the Happy!"

τ > π
Redshirt

Post by τ > π » Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:06 pm

Hava Jesusday

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:25 am

Merry Christmas, Elemental! I love that you make this thread every year :)
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

BigDamnHero
Redshirt

Post by BigDamnHero » Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:58 am

Happy Holidays everyone! I'm celebrating Christmas with my wife today, and having some friends from our bubble over to celebrate with us later.

FirebirdNC
Mad Hatteras

Post by FirebirdNC » Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:49 pm

What a sweet and thoughtful post! May the new year bring us all a bit of joy and love :).
~Insert clever bon mot here~

raptor9k
Redshirt

Post by raptor9k » Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:43 pm

Merry Christmas!

BtEO
Redshirt

Post by BtEO » Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:21 pm

Merry Christmas everybody!

Not gonna lie Elemental, you nailed me pretty hard.

Jamie Bond
Agent 0.07
Agent 0.07

Post by Jamie Bond » Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:04 am

BtEO wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:21 pmNot gonna lie Elemental, you nailed me pretty hard.
*wiggly eyebrows*
"Go get the Happy!"

Doc Giggles
Redshirt

Post by Doc Giggles » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:50 am

Awww... No love for us lurkers out here...

Merry (a little late) Christmas everyone! May the next year bring joy to everyone!
Disciple of Gnarr
“Let there be truth, happiness, and waffles”
-Nomad, Dark Lord & Avatar of Gnarr

Elemental
Redshirt

Post by Elemental » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:30 am

Doc Giggles wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:50 am Awww... No love for us lurkers out here...
I included everybody with more than 2 posts who commented in a Christmas thread over the past five years. <3

Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Post by Rorschach » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:16 pm

Elemental! One of the few constants in this crazy, mercurial world of ours. An annual comfort I look forward to seeing every year. That you take the time to craft these Christmas posts year after year is to the benefit of us all.

Merry Christmas, my friend. I hope you have a blinding 2021.
To Let

Elemental
Redshirt

Post by Elemental » Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:56 am

2020 is dead in New Zealand!

Long live 2021! (For a year. Hopefully not longer?)