Talk about whatever you feel like.
amlthrawn
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Re: What's your job?

Post by amlthrawn » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:44 pm

Rorschach wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:14 pm
Very amusing to see the levels of sincerity in people’s congratulations at work.
Always the rub. I found it less awkward when I just assumed (in charity) that they were being sincere.

Rorschach wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:14 pm
Pales though, beside the return of aml. I glee to see him again.
You always knew how to make a boy blush, Rorsy.
- We were never being boring. We had too much time to find for ourselves.

Sir Spankspeople
Crazy Person

Post by Sir Spankspeople » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:26 pm

The Cid wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:06 pm
Were I brave enough and more well-versed in serious topics, I'd join the real journalists in a time when they're needed more than ever before.

Instead I'm a kind of coward, happy to have an audience of barflies and golfers with very little at stake.
I need you to get me pictures of Spiderman!
Inflammatory signatures hurt us all...

NickGXZ
Crazy Person

Post by NickGXZ » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:08 am

Christ alive, there...is so much that has happened.

Currently I do phone support for Annuities and Retirement funds of various tax statuses. Been doing that for about a year and a half now, so there's that.

More importantly? Been down some of the same path as our esteemed webcomic author has. Recently diagnosed with Very Severe Sleep Apnea of the Mixed Variety (Central and Obstructive). I'm getting my Bipap Tuesday methinks. Also: Diabetic now and I have a pacemaker. Fun times for all.

Look forward to: Getting my ass out of the Customer Service loop and into the tech support market as a Linux/Windows tech/admin.
"The effort you put forth to anything transcends yourself, for there is no futility even in death." - Monty Oum

"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." - Confucius

"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned." - Buddha

Nitz Walsh
Crazy Person

Post by Nitz Walsh » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:32 am

Linux/Windows tech support can be annoying, at least I found it annoying, it sounds better than doing what you're already doing though.

I've been working as a part time bookkeeper for the last two years. Looking for a full-time job doing the same thing lately.
Woah Woah Tabarnac!

werefrog
Crazy Person

Post by werefrog » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:27 pm

The Werefrog am a business intelligence analyst for the workforce management department of a fortune 500 company.
Semper Ubi, Sub Ubi

klork
Crazy Person

Post by klork » Fri May 10, 2019 6:06 pm

Not sure what possessed me to log back into the forum after 12 years but for some reason I did. Interesting to see some of the same faces still active after this long. The last time I was here I was going to school to be an aircraft mechanic. I spent the last 7 years working for a company rebuilding and repairing Honeywell TPE-331 engines. I did a ton of test cell work and I specialized on the t76 engines on the OV-10 Bronco. It was cool for a while but I got bored and sick of the company always saying they had no money to give raises. Late May or early June of 2018 someone had put a posting for a job at a local school to teach high school students to get their airframe and power plant certificates. It sounded interesting so I decided to apply. Got called for an interview and was very surprised that I got a call about an hour after the interview that I got the job. Good thing too because the place I was working at got bought and I was layed off early July. So it has been a very different experience teaching then actually working in the field but I like it. It has been an extremely busy year building a very large technical curriculum.

FirebirdNC
Mad Hatteras

Post by FirebirdNC » Fri May 10, 2019 6:36 pm

Awesome! It's nice to hear of a school promoting some hands-on skills and kudos to you for still remembering your password :).
~Insert clever bon mot here~

gravity
Crazy Person

Post by gravity » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:56 pm

Hello, my name is gravity, and I write erotica.

Seriously, did no one else see that coming?

Rorschach
Crazy Person

Post by Rorschach » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:24 am

Examples pliss.
To Let