MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!!!

Talk about whatever you feel like.
Elemental
Crazy Person

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!!!

Post by Elemental » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:01 am

As Christmas day of 2016 rolls around, I find myself back in my country of origin. I've spent 8 years living in other places and seen a whole lot of countries.

And you know what I've learned?

Family's pretty darn important.

While writing this, I'm sitting in a small outer building on my parents' property. They're in the main house, and I can go talk to them whenever I want. I'll spend tomorrow with my wife's family, and the day after I'll celebrate with mine. This clever scheme allows us two Christmases per year; I highly recommend it.

FireAza, last year you theorised that I've written a program that automatically posts these threads year after year. While Deacon was correct that it's within my capabilities, I do actually take the time to post them by hand!

Normally I'd post some sort of poem, or a crazy light-hearted rant. I don't think I'll do that this year. Instead, I'm going to engage your imagination. Take your time with it, because I want you to be honest. You don't have to share this with anybody.

Where is love for you right now? Imagine all of the love that you have in your life, and all of the love that you wish you had, and put it in the form of a person. Preferably not somebody specific; just imagine a generic person, or the form of one. Got it?

Okay, now what's that person doing? What's he or she saying to you? Is the love asking you a question, or giving you something, or holding you, or looking into your eyes? Maybe a combination of some or all of these?

Sit with this for a while and see where it takes you.

... and then have some pie.
Oh look, it's Christmas again!

FirebirdNC
Mad Hatteras

Re: MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!!!

Post by FirebirdNC » Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:41 pm

My love is handing me a piece of pie, we were meant for each other. Merry Christmas All!
~Insert clever bon mot here~

BtEO
Crazy Person

Post by BtEO » Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:56 am

The fact that I can rely on this thread to appear every year is one of so many reasons this place will always be special.

Merry Christmas!

NorthernComfort
Crazy Person

Post by NorthernComfort » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:58 pm

Merry Christmas, everybody.

My cat has turned into a liquid puddle of fur in the middle of a big blanket, my dog is chewing away at his present, a reindeer stuffed animal.
"I guess I have a gift for expressing pedestrian tastes. In a way, it's kind of depressing." -Bill Watterson

iMav
Crazy Person

Post by iMav » Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:12 pm

Merry Christmas to you all; I'm happy this place still survives as it meant a lot to me in my formative years (shoutouts to Cron0, LiquidGUI, Gowerlypuff, EGS, Darklyte, and the rest of the RLR crew-- I miss those days)

Elemental as BtEO said it is so nice to come back here (even after a loooooong time) and find your annual Christmas thread-- -the feels!

Love for me right now is having a big Christmas pancake breakfast with my other half's family, coming home through the snow in our housecoats, and heading to my folks' for dinner with our adopted family. It is the friends that have taken such great care of me over the last few months as I have recovered from knee surgery; it is attending the 12th annual Christmas LAN party with my old high school mates, and seeing all my far-flung friends return to little ol' Calgary even if their families have moved on to better places (figuratively or literally).

I'll spare you any more pseudo-poetic ramblings and say simply: Merry Christmas to you and yours; May you find light in your life and meaning in all that you do!

-imav
imav also available on [last.fm]

Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Post by Rorschach » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:30 pm

Merry Christmas, everyone. And the very best for 2017.

It could hardly be any worse, right? Right?

:/
To Let

Elemental
Crazy Person

Post by Elemental » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:34 am

And a happy new year! :)
Oh look, it's Christmas again!

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:37 am

I knew it!
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

Mav
Respect the Wang

Post by Mav » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:05 am

penispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenis
Arc_Orion wrote:<Arc_Orion> Mav is like a very interestingly informed six year old.

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:58 pm

That seems right.
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

FirebirdNC
Mad Hatteras

Post by FirebirdNC » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:38 am

I am glad to wipe the dust of 2016 off my feet. I hope to be making some big changes in 2017. Health , wealth and happiness to you all!
~Insert clever bon mot here~

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:49 pm

Quit yer whining and make me a sammich, deli lady!

Sir Spankspeople
Crazy Person

Post by Sir Spankspeople » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:51 pm

I spent Christmas in Sunny Old England, then New Years in (actually) Sunny Old Gibraltar. Then back to England for a few days. Saw "Much Ado About Nothing" in London, it was quite nice.
In vino veritas
In aqua sanitas