Only tossing a thing from here

Talk about whatever you feel like.
Mav
Respect the Wang

Re: Only tossing a thing from here

Post by Mav » Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:05 am

"Shut up New Batman" made me lol.
Arc_Orion wrote:<Arc_Orion> Mav is like a very interestingly informed six year old.

Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Post by Rorschach » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:07 am

Right, so it seems this rumour about swans being able to break a man's arm is just that. And put out by their PR guys.

I'm watching Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and wondering how apes get such a hardman reputation. They look tidy enough but I can't understand why a bodybuilder couldn't give one a square go.

I'm not saying I could take one, but surely one of the bigger MMA boys could have a pop?

Damn dirty apes.
To Let

FireAza
Redshirt

Post by FireAza » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:53 am

Apes (the non-human kind) have different muscles from humans basically. Ours are built for precise, careful movements at the loss of power while apes are the opposite. A female chimp could beat an adult human male in an arm wrestling contest no problem. She could probably tear his arms off after the match too!
"For AUS$300, you get FireAza drawing your screen image." -MartinBlank "Oh shit. For once, FireAza is right." -Deacon
"FireAza, if you're really that sneaky and quiet then you can sleep in my bed anytime, mister." -kizba

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:25 am

Yep. Gorillas not only are all fast-twitch muscle and teeth, they're also 450lbs/200kg/32st of pure id.
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Post by Rorschach » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:47 am

Once again, I feel like I've missed something. Why is facebook full of that bald black dude with the moustache?
To Let

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:57 am

No idea what you're talking about.
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

gravity
Redshirt

Post by gravity » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:19 am

I, too, have no idea what you're talking about.

It should also be pointed out that apes, when in a fight, target the genitals and face first. They'll hit below the belt and dirty, which is something most humans won't. Or, at least, most humans won't tear the genitals off fight fighting someone on a normal basis.

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:55 am

Well, honestly, if some dude attacked me with his genitals out, I may well just run away, for that is a level of crazy with which I have no desire to tangle and an opponent who may prove too unpredictable to defeat. Or I would conceivably try my hand at tearing them off, which seems an expeditious way to end the fight and even claim victory, though in that scenario I'm not sure anyone really "wins."

FirebirdNC
Mad Hatteras

Post by FirebirdNC » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:42 pm

One of my fave comedians agrees:
~Insert clever bon mot here~

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:18 pm

Heh, that's exactly right. I think most people are just so homophobic they might be afraid to have a penis graze against their clothing somewhere during the fight. Like maybe they're worried it will trigger the surfacing of desires that have been repressed as part of a lifelong struggle with their sexuality.

The Cid
Redshirt

Post by The Cid » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:15 pm

Hey, internet. If you're going to obsessively hype up every single thing that involves source material you like, you don't get to complain that nothing lives up to that hype.

I don't know if Batman vs Superman is going to be any good, it could very easily blow in any direction it wishes. But the way people are so surprised that this movie they haven't been able to stop talking about for two years, a movie that has had every trailer or piece of media poured over like the Dead Sea Scrolls, might not turn out to be Citizen Kane In A Cape is just laughable. Of course it wasn't going to live up to that hype, what could?

I guess if the internet didn't hype everything up to impossible levels it couldn't engage in its favorite hobby of saying things it's supposed to like "suck" and "were better years ago."
Hirschof wrote:I'm waiting for day you people start thinking with portals.

Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Post by Rorschach » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:56 pm

Early reviews are not promising. But I'm going tomorrow night and I can forgeekve a lot of things if they involve something I like.

Plus, expensive seats. They make me feel like a big man.

So my dad used the word 'pussy' in a text this morning. I mean, he was talking about an actual cat but still though: I don't think I'll sleep tonight.
To Let

Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Post by Rorschach » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:31 am

The cat died.

I've spent quite a long time on mumsnet this morning, seeing the words 'mansplaining' and 'feminazi' being thrown around quite a bit. I've come to the conclusion that everyone needs to shut the fuck up, Regardless of gender.
To Let

Mav
Respect the Wang

Post by Mav » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:04 pm

Failure to troll. Should have mansplained what a femnazi is.
Arc_Orion wrote:<Arc_Orion> Mav is like a very interestingly informed six year old.

Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Post by Rorschach » Mon May 16, 2016 11:58 am

mumsnet use the phrase 'penile wisdom' a fair bit, Mav. I would kill to see you posting there.
To Let