TSA Fails Internal Testing

Talk about whatever you feel like.
Cyberliger777
Redshirt

TSA Fails Internal Testing

Post by Cyberliger777 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:59 am

http://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/ ... bs-through

Somehow, even though they only have this one job to do, TSA failed 67 out of 70 test and let a fake bomb through during the testing. Doing a good job there guys. Can we now go back to the way things use to be?

Saurenath
Redshirt

Re: TSA Fails Internal Testing

Post by Saurenath » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:10 am

WTF? Good use of tax dollars 'Murica. I wonder if they checked out US TSA agents in Canadian airports. They don't seem to give a shit (although they may only be there for customs, I'm usually baked out of my mind when going through airport security).

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:33 am

The TSA has been a joke since the beginning. It's been Security Theater at best, and in its beginning stages was hiring any walk-in burger flipper off the street who could write their own name. There are some good ones, but as with most things governmental, it's a sad farce.
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

The Cid
Redshirt

Post by The Cid » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:32 pm

What I want:

To, the next time I fly, walk through both the airport from which I depart and the airport to which I arrive without feeling like I'm being treated as a suspect in a hypothetical crime.

Right now airports do the opposite. They make you feel like our response to terrorism is "literally anybody could be up to something, including you." That's not working, it was never going to work, and nobody but passengers complain because airlines no longer need to pretend they care the least bit about their customers now. No matter what happens to us at the airport now, it's Chinatown.

I work for an A/V company these days. Got a call from our lead producer once. He was venting, because he arrived at a venue and found that equipment had been flat out taken from his checked luggage. Did, at any point, the idea of raising a fuss to find out who's stealing expensive A/V equipment come up? Of course it didn't! I don't want my boss going to jail because he got robbed. And with air travel post-9/11, that's how we treat civilians who have been wronged within an airport.

This has been, nominally, our response to a bunch of genocidal maniacs hijacking planes and killing thousands of civilians. To turn on every air passenger. I'm glad it's been exposed for the fraud it always was. Maybe now we can be treated like human beings when traveling long distances again. Probably not, but a guy can dream.
Hirschof wrote:I'm waiting for day you people start thinking with portals.

Saurenath
Redshirt

Post by Saurenath » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:02 pm

Bah. We're not human, we're criminal pawns on the cusp of committing terrorism. Clearly the world would have blown up years ago if it weren't for all this security.

What happened to innocent until proven guilty anyway?

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:38 am

It ended with the PATRIOT Act.
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

Cyberliger777
Redshirt

Post by Cyberliger777 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:26 am

Deacon wrote:It ended with the PATRIOT Act.
Zing!

NorthernComfort
Redshirt

Post by NorthernComfort » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:24 pm

I guess they spent all their funding making their shampoo bottle detection flawless. Because those fuckers got me and it's basically the closest I've come to being molested.

Thanks TSA!
"I guess I have a gift for expressing pedestrian tastes. In a way, it's kind of depressing." -Bill Watterson