10 years of RLF.

Talk about whatever you feel like.
FireAza
Crazy Person

Re: 10 years of RLF.

Post by FireAza » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:05 pm

Felan wrote:Ah...yeah. I guess in the past year ive been slowly migrating to Felan from Zenny. You can usually still find me as ZenGyro on various sites like steam and stuff, but ive been signing up new accounts as Felan or KitEntane nowadays.
Zenny? Is that really you?
Deacon wrote:I guess that depends on what counts as "extra things" in this context. For me it's pretty easy since I do work at a computer most of the day, and more importantly I have a smartphone with Tapatalk that lets me check for new unread posts whenever I get an extra couple of minutes.
Rorschach wrote:I blame FireAza.
He's been kept too busy trying to draw frames of video for games.
Man, I've had like 5 graphics cards since that was quoted :P
"For AUS$300, you get FireAza drawing your screen image." -MartinBlank "Oh shit. For once, FireAza is right." -Deacon
"FireAza, if you're really that sneaky and quiet then you can sleep in my bed anytime, mister." -kizba

Felan
Buddhist Snack

Post by Felan » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:42 pm

FireAza wrote:
Felan wrote:Ah...yeah. I guess in the past year ive been slowly migrating to Felan from Zenny. You can usually still find me as ZenGyro on various sites like steam and stuff, but ive been signing up new accounts as Felan or KitEntane nowadays.
Only if you have some cookies for me.

JeppZer
Crazy Person

Post by JeppZer » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:29 am

Ten years, really? Damn.

Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Post by Rorschach » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:55 am

JeppZer wrote:Ten years, really? Damn. I was hoping she was at least twelve.
My little weeble!

/me violently gapes JeppZer.
To Let

JeppZer
Crazy Person

Post by JeppZer » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:20 am

As always, you improve my posts so much!

FireAza
Crazy Person

Post by FireAza » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:43 pm

Felan wrote:
FireAza wrote:
Only if you have some cookies for me.
I have something better! I have PIE! And RICE! And LIES!
"For AUS$300, you get FireAza drawing your screen image." -MartinBlank "Oh shit. For once, FireAza is right." -Deacon
"FireAza, if you're really that sneaky and quiet then you can sleep in my bed anytime, mister." -kizba

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:46 pm

Rice pie and flies?
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

JeppZer
Crazy Person

Post by JeppZer » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:09 pm

Ripe flies and dyes?

Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Post by Rorschach » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:31 pm

JeppZer wrote:Ripe flies and dyes?
How Bert the Chimney sweep met the hangman.
To Let

JeppZer
Crazy Person

Post by JeppZer » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:29 pm

This place is sort of dead nowadays. That's sad.

Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Post by Rorschach » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:08 pm

You said it, brother. As much as it killls me to say it, I'm about ready to call it a day on here.

There are only a handful of us who are bothering their arse replying or posting new articles and it's just not enough.

I thought with the recent influx of old members, some people might pick up some of the slack but I guess they've seen how quiet it is and thought 'why bother?'. I can understand people moving on, changing circumstances or priorities but this place really needed a huge injection of fresh input, not just people looking in and then moving on again because it's so quiet. It's so quiet for exactly that reason. We build the facilities we use here. If they aren't to our liking then we need to work to change them or, as unfortunately seems to be the case, the forum dies.

In my opinion, megathreads and the Deans' misfortune with their postal orders has done the forums possibly more damage than they are able to survive and, believe me when I say, I am absolutely heart-broken by this.
To Let

Doc Giggles
Crazy Person

Post by Doc Giggles » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:18 am

Maybe it's time to restart the megathreads. That's what we did on a forum I'm a mod of. We moved all the old threads to an archive section so people could still look at the old ones if they wanted.

It is quiet around here now, but this is like it was back in the early days of the forum (EZBoards.) It grew out of the slow time once. It can again.
Disciple of Gnarr
“Let there be truth, happiness, and waffles”
-Nomad, Dark Lord & Avatar of Gnarr

cutie_corey
Crazy Person

Post by cutie_corey » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:47 pm

I really like the suggestion above. Hope we are able to inject some life back here. I know we are all very busy with children, marriages, jobs, life, etc. but that's the bonus to forums. You can check in once every couple of days and be okay when you have a few minutes to catch up. And this is a great group of people.

Deacon
Shining Adonis

10 years of RLF.

Post by Deacon » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm

That's the spirit! None of this downtrodden, gloomy Scottish pessimism and Swedish apathy! We need good old American optimism!
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

Deacon
Shining Adonis

10 years of RLF.

Post by Deacon » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:33 pm

PS Still too many subforums and stickies and such. Needs a good spring cleaning.