Very Amazing & Genuine Images of Netiquette Authorities

Talk about whatever you feel like.
Deacon
Shining Adonis

Re: Very Amazing & Genuine Images of Netiquette Authorities

Post by Deacon » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:52 am

It's a wonderland! :)
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

Rorschach
Crazy Person

Post by Rorschach » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:13 pm

It's the little differences.

Speaking about the naming of fast foods in Paris. I was reading about the susceptibility of Japanese to Paris Syndrome last night. I didn't even know that was a thing. Every day is a school-day, in that in Japan, I would imagine they all involve schoolgirls.
To Let

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:28 pm

What the... I've never heard of that.
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

iMav
Crazy Person

Post by iMav » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:08 am

FireAza wrote:Just in time for me to discover you can't ride a bike in thick snow.
The hell you can't! You're just thinking like an Australian!
imav also available on [last.fm]

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:50 pm

Saturday mornings can be a great time to let sleeping dogs lie.

FirebirdNC
Mad Hatteras

Post by FirebirdNC » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:11 pm

Nice of him to let you use the couch. Love the picture :).
~Insert clever bon mot here~

Rorschach
Crazy Person

Post by Rorschach » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:46 pm

So my brother-in-law just came back from a year and change of doctoring in Australia (mate).

He brought me this:

and this:

These two, disgusting as I'm sure they are, are pretty self-explanatory.

My question, and this is probably to gravity and 'Aza is: what the fuck are these? They're Japanese, I guess but even so: I've had bad experiences with Chinese 'sweets' before where you bite through toffee to find cold fish jelly and other heathen muck.

I shudder in good old-fashioned Scottish revulsion. Why, none of these things are deep-fried. :(
To Let

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:53 pm

I bet the jerky isn't bad.

Rorschach
Crazy Person

Post by Rorschach » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:38 am

I dunno. I've given up red meat as I think it was disagreeing with me, but as someone pointed out to me this morning: crocodile is reptilian. Which I think makes me want to eat it even less. Ick.

I've brought it into my staffroom anyway. I've seen some of the mingers in here eat out-of-date mackerel, so this shouldn't present too much of a challenge.
To Let

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:52 pm

Ick why? And from a Scotsman, who eats offal and blood sausage and haggis and such that should know better than to prejudge food.

By the way, I've had alligator a few times (fried small chunks) and crocodile (grilled) and found the alligator to be awesome and the crocodile to be a little too greasy for my preference, at least the way they did it that once (in South Africa).

Rorschach
Crazy Person

Post by Rorschach » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:26 pm

Deacon wrote:Ick why?
I don't like the idea of eating it. I don't have a rationale to explain this; it's a feeling. Maybe I would like it if I tried it but I'm not going to. I'm not prejudging the food, I'm perjudging me.

Oh, and I ate those things. I know that's not your point, but I feel they were annoying my IBS. I actually feel a bit better.
To Let

FireAza
Crazy Person

Post by FireAza » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:47 pm

Rorschach wrote:Speaking about the naming of fast foods in Paris. I was reading about the susceptibility of Japanese to Paris Syndrome last night. I didn't even know that was a thing. Every day is a school-day, in that in Japan, I would imagine they all involve schoolgirls.
Yep, that's a thing. Probably due to how poorly the average Japanese person understands the outside world (they don't get out much). Also, you're not far off, due to students being expected to give it their all in their school's club, they're often dressed for school even on weekends. Which sounds nice, but there's been a recent trend away from the classic sailor fuku for girls. Bah! It's like getting rid of the red double decker buses in London!
iMav wrote:
FireAza wrote:Just in time for me to discover you can't ride a bike in thick snow.
The hell you can't! You're just thinking like an Australian!
If I were thinking like an Australian, I'd be trying to solve the issue with excessive alcohol consumption and racially-motivated violence! The first is easy enough, but snow is white, sooooooo...
Rorschach wrote:So my brother-in-law just came back from a year and change of doctoring in Australia (mate).

He brought me this:

and this:

These two, disgusting as I'm sure they are, are pretty self-explanatory.

My question, and this is probably to gravity and 'Aza is: what the fuck are these? They're Japanese, I guess but even so: I've had bad experiences with Chinese 'sweets' before where you bite through toffee to find cold fish jelly and other heathen muck.

I shudder in good old-fashioned Scottish revulsion. Why, none of these things are deep-fried. :(
How many courses did they need to take before they can identify a knife and how frequently they should call someone a cunt?

Not sure about the croc, but 'roo is a fine meat, mate. Tastes like lean beef, you jerky that shit up and you little beaut! Bob's your uncle, mate!

The Japanese are actually pretty tame when it comes to snacks, aside from things like chocolate sauce for McDonald's fries. That's just a sweet and sour plum candy, Lotte make good sweets, so I wouldn't worry about it being aweful. The girl on the front is Koume-chan by the way:
"For AUS$300, you get FireAza drawing your screen image." -MartinBlank "Oh shit. For once, FireAza is right." -Deacon
"FireAza, if you're really that sneaky and quiet then you can sleep in my bed anytime, mister." -kizba

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:43 pm

Japanese advertisements continue to confuse and fascinate me.

Oh and Rors, crocodile isn't red meat, so you should be good to go, there. It's the other other white meat.

FireAza
Crazy Person

Post by FireAza » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:01 am

Eh? That Lotte commercial was confusing? It's the classic story of two people in love who are both too shy to confess to one another. If you want confusing, here's an overweight comedian doing poses that makes it look like he's completely naked:
"For AUS$300, you get FireAza drawing your screen image." -MartinBlank "Oh shit. For once, FireAza is right." -Deacon
"FireAza, if you're really that sneaky and quiet then you can sleep in my bed anytime, mister." -kizba

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:32 am

What is the dude hollering at the end of the Lotte commercial?