Very Amazing & Genuine Images of Netiquette Authorities

Talk about whatever you feel like.
gravity
Crazy Person

Re: Very Amazing & Genuine Images of Netiquette Authorities

Post by gravity » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:52 am

LED sunlight bulbs have come down a lot in price in the last few years, and they work pretty well for plants as long as you don't want them to flower at the moment. Not sure if you can get them in Japan though, they seem oddly behind on light bulb technology. And insulation technology for buildings.

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:42 pm

Wall scrolls? Do you mean posters?
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

Rorschach
Crazy Person

Post by Rorschach » Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:51 pm

Luddite.
To Let

gravity
Crazy Person

Post by gravity » Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:54 pm

Nope. Wall scrolls are made of cloth. They're basically printed tapestries, only they have to supports (one at the top and one at the bottom) to keep them hanging properly instead of letting them hang loose.

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:46 am

Seems wildly unnecessary. Are they trying to class it up? And failing, I presume?
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

gravity
Crazy Person

Post by gravity » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:19 am

No, it's actually because wall scrolls have been in Japan for several centuries so they're just a part of room decoration in the culture. Traditionally they're made of paper (traditional Japanese paper came in several varieties, some soft and sturdy enough to actually be used to make ceremonial clothing), but it's cheaper now to just make them out of cloth. Tea ceremonies will always still have a paper wall scroll with calligraphy written on it though, but a tea ceremony is very exact in how everything is done and why.

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:39 pm

Right an actual scroll I can understand, but putting anime posters on cloth seems unnecessary. I guess different strokes.

Rorschach
Crazy Person

Post by Rorschach » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:46 pm

Deacon wrote: putting anime posters on cloth seems unnecessary. I guess different strokes.
Exactly. Cloth would be more absorbent.
To Let

JermCool
Crazy Person

Post by JermCool » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:19 pm

Much harder to clean, agreed.

Wall scrolls would make more sense if they said "Bathroom this way" or "please water the plants".
Insert Banner Here
"The internet is bullcrap! And everyone on it is retarded!" - Muspar
"All threads should degenerate into the bumming of JermCool." - Rorschach

FireAza
Crazy Person

Post by FireAza » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:09 pm

gravity wrote:LED sunlight bulbs have come down a lot in price in the last few years, and they work pretty well for plants as long as you don't want them to flower at the moment. Not sure if you can get them in Japan though, they seem oddly behind on light bulb technology. And insulation technology for buildings.
Yeah, I picked up a LED grow bulb from Amazon. It came from China though. Japan is getting better, you can pick up LED bulbs for like ¥500 at the supermarket and a lot of them come from Japanese companies. Lack of insulation is no joke though, hence the heated toilet heat.
Deacon wrote:Right an actual scroll I can understand, but putting anime posters on cloth seems unnecessary. I guess different strokes.
Like Lith said, it's probably continuing a old tradition. But with anime titties. You see that here and there in this country, like how manga is still written vertically from right to left, despite horizontal left to right being pretty much the norm now. This is probably because novels are still written in the traditional orientation, so manga followed suit.
Rorschach wrote:
Deacon wrote: putting anime posters on cloth seems unnecessary. I guess different strokes.
Exactly. Cloth would be more absorbent.
Which is why I'm surprised that hugging pillows are still made from fabric.
"For AUS$300, you get FireAza drawing your screen image." -MartinBlank "Oh shit. For once, FireAza is right." -Deacon
"FireAza, if you're really that sneaky and quiet then you can sleep in my bed anytime, mister." -kizba

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:13 pm

We need to discuss your concepts of both hugging and consent.

gravity
Crazy Person

Post by gravity » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:17 pm

FireAza wrote:
gravity wrote:LED sunlight bulbs have come down a lot in price in the last few years, and they work pretty well for plants as long as you don't want them to flower at the moment. Not sure if you can get them in Japan though, they seem oddly behind on light bulb technology. And insulation technology for buildings.
Yeah, I picked up a LED grow bulb from Amazon. It came from China though. Japan is getting better, you can pick up LED bulbs for like ¥500 at the supermarket and a lot of them come from Japanese companies. Lack of insulation is no joke though, hence the heated toilet heat.
Fuck the lack of insulation in Japanese buildings. My life for even simple double pained windows at this point. But now I suddenly know why Lain wore that bear onsie all the time: that thing was a walking insulated heater. If Japan wasn't full of short people I'd buy one by now myself.

Rorschach
Crazy Person

Post by Rorschach » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:20 pm

Are you like a giant there? I'd love to move to a country where I was considered tall, but apparently Lilliput is fictional.
To Let

gravity
Crazy Person

Post by gravity » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:04 pm

I'm 183cm tall in a country that has an average height of 158cm. Lilliput may not be real, but Japan is the closest thing.

Seir
Crazy Person

Post by Seir » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:56 am

Yo Mav, I'm real happy for you and Imma let you finish but Hirschoff had the best sig trends of all time.