bored and questioning existance

Talk about whatever you feel like.
mikehendo
Karate Chop!

bored and questioning existance

Post by mikehendo » Mon Feb 17, 2003 8:48 pm

So I am sitting here, wondering wtf I am doing. Thee days seem to come along more often nowadays. Maybe that is just cause I am not on the wrong path, or whatever. I know that I want to be in grad school, but then the question comes up of whats next. I honestly couldnt tell you.. I am in grad school right now, because I like school, and I love to learn new stuff. However I cant hide in school forever.
Then there is the stuff from my classes. it is interesting stuff, but I am kind of stuck on wondering when, if ever it will help me. I mean this is a masters program after all, isnt everything that i learn here supposed to directly effect me?
There is also the relationship that i just started last friday ( http://www.reallifeforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=219 ). As things progress, it is startign to seem that there might be problems... I like this girl and think that she is beautiful. However there are a few things that are bugging me about it, I wnt go into full detail here though.
So, yeah that is my day... Well, if any of you feel like commenting, I will be happy to hear what you think about it...
Help Fund Free Mammograms
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Fixer
Crazy Person

Post by Fixer » Mon Feb 17, 2003 9:02 pm

Well... we're all having bad economic times right now, so we can't rely on work to keep us busy or safe.

In relationships the only constant is the fact they change and adapt.

On the question of existance itself I must post the following counter-question:

"What is the alternative?"
I don't care who's right, who's wrong, or what you meant to say. Only thing I care about is the Truth. If you have it, good, share it. If not, find it. If you want to argue, do it with someone else.

Imperator Severn
Crazy Person

Post by Imperator Severn » Mon Feb 17, 2003 9:23 pm

I think you should quit your job, pick up a hog, and cruise the country, doing good deeds.

Fixer
Crazy Person

Post by Fixer » Mon Feb 17, 2003 9:25 pm

<SNIP>
Last edited by Fixer on Wed Feb 18, 2004 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't care who's right, who's wrong, or what you meant to say. Only thing I care about is the Truth. If you have it, good, share it. If not, find it. If you want to argue, do it with someone else.

Esmo2000
Crazy Person

Post by Esmo2000 » Mon Feb 17, 2003 9:40 pm

That, or you could go around with the gimmick that you are long lost legally married second cousins that were seperated at birth (Because you were born at the same time) and have pyschic pet chiwawas that solve mysteries. It may not work, but my god, we've got to try something!
Sometimes the beauty of the world is so overwhelming, I just want to throw my head back and gargle. Just gargle and gargle, and I don't care who hears me, because I am beautiful. - Jack Handley

Shadow Walker
Crazy Person

Post by Shadow Walker » Mon Feb 17, 2003 9:41 pm

Or you could have a vegas wife...

Imperator Severn
Crazy Person

Post by Imperator Severn » Mon Feb 17, 2003 9:46 pm

How ist ought be spelt
chiwawas

How it is spelt
chihuahuas

There's something to be said for military actions against countries with unpronounceable place names.

furre
Crazy Person

Post by furre » Mon Feb 17, 2003 10:04 pm

[quote="Esmo2000";p="4141"]That, or you could go around with the gimmick that you are long lost legally married second cousins that were seperated at birth (Because you were born at the same time) and have pyschic pet chiwawas that solve mysteries. It may not work, but my god, we've got to try something![/quote]

Because that would make sense.
Gee, I sure like TV. And wearing pants.

zeerow
Crazy Person

Post by zeerow » Mon Feb 17, 2003 10:12 pm

You cant let the little things drive you away from her. I mean, you ahve to look at the major things...the things that got you to like her in the first place. Do they outweigh those little annoying things?
FTL

Soul_Harvester
Crazy Person

Post by Soul_Harvester » Tue Feb 18, 2003 12:46 am

Try not to question things, just go with them. Let the flow guide you, go with it. No!! I know what you're thinking, and that kind of stuff isn't just for hippies.

Life is like a big organized religion. If you question it to closely, you aren't rewarded with knowledge, but more questions. Just follow your instincts, and things will work out your way.

Why do I get the feeling I should have written that in Yoda-speak? :?

Prospero
FKA Glue, The Other White Liquid

Post by Prospero » Tue Feb 18, 2003 12:49 am

SH is right. Try stress management or yoga lessons. They work really well.

mikehendo
Karate Chop!

Post by mikehendo » Tue Feb 18, 2003 1:22 am

yeah.. I think I need to break out my shiinai and do some swordsplay.. too bad that i dont have anyone to do it with :( Anyone here in Colorado??? I will provide the equipment

Esmo2000
Crazy Person

Post by Esmo2000 » Tue Feb 18, 2003 1:28 am

Haha, on a serious note, do go with the flow. In fact, I have found that sometimes going against the flow to go with the flow (the two flows being two different rivers branching off...) often works best. It sounds goofy, but going out of your way to go goofy, often works out SO much better. It sounds stupid, but honest, it works!
Sometimes the beauty of the world is so overwhelming, I just want to throw my head back and gargle. Just gargle and gargle, and I don't care who hears me, because I am beautiful. - Jack Handley

mikehendo
Karate Chop!

Post by mikehendo » Tue Feb 18, 2003 6:34 am

yeah... tonight i went to the pub and this girl offered me sex lessons :) I politley told her "maybe another time" since i am in a relationship now, but it was a huge ego builder :) YAY.. Maybe this day was better than I though it was when I woke up.. That and my girl drove all the way over (she is 45 minutes away) to say hi to me today :) w00t!!

Jade
Crazy Person

Post by Jade » Tue Feb 18, 2003 7:32 am

sex lessons and you didn't go for it?! nah.. i'm just kidding.. at least you got an ego boost out of it because those are always good :D .. but yes.. if a girl drives 45 minutes just to see you and say hi.. means she really likes you and couldn't wait to see you.. saying hi over the phone just doesn't cut it sometimes