The Guns and Weapons Thread

Talk about whatever you feel like.
raptor9k
Crazy Person

Re: The Guns and Weapons Thread

Post by raptor9k » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:53 am

This is how you do customer service.

Yes, they are being machined as I type and we're hoping to have them available by the first week of Feb.  watch the website for updates.  :-)

David M Famiglietti 

President

New Frontier Armory

Sent from my iPhone 

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
I'm putting my talents and skills to use for a business so that I receive compensatory funds that I may then choose to spend and invest and save as I see fit. If I choose to blow it all on hookers and Dr. Seuss books, I don't see how that means you owe me a comfortable retirement. - Deacon

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:15 am

Really? Are you serious? Holy crap that's awesome!
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

raptor9k
Crazy Person

Post by raptor9k » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:08 pm

I think I'm going to use their regular side charged upper on my 458 build. They've already machined out the ejection port on them to accommodate larger calibers and it's only $50 higher than the forged upper I was planning to use.

I'm putting my talents and skills to use for a business so that I receive compensatory funds that I may then choose to spend and invest and save as I see fit. If I choose to blow it all on hookers and Dr. Seuss books, I don't see how that means you owe me a comfortable retirement. - Deacon

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:30 pm

One day I will have a semi auto .308 of some form. But I really really like the idea of a bullpup for that purpose. I like the idea anyway but especially for a .308 where I'd like to keep the barrel length up for more reliable groups down range, but with the overall length of the weapon is more manageable. I don't know if .458 is ranked anywhere up on my priority list :)
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

raptor9k
Crazy Person

Post by raptor9k » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:04 pm

I'd just like to have a compact big bore rifle for brush hunting. The Keltec RFB is on my list for the semi auto 308 role. Might build an AR10 first but I'd like to have both.

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:19 am

We'd all like to have both of everything :)

But yes, the RFB is exactly the one I've been lusting after from afar. For a "brush gun" I do have a Browning BLR in .308 (lightweight takedown) that's comfortable and works very well for that purpose, but it's so damn pretty I hate to actually get it scratched up. Though that is what I'm taking hunting tomorrow morning. I'll just not be using it to push branches out of the way...

raptor9k
Crazy Person

Post by raptor9k » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:28 pm

I ended up going with a non-side charging upper for the 9mm build. Joebobs had the spartan branded slick side uppers with LRBH feature integrated so I snagged one plus a 8.5" Kaw Valley Precision barrel and linear compensator. All that should be left at this point is handguards, bcg, and sights.

On another note:

Glock 19 Gen 4 - $539
Glock 19 Gen 4 MOS - $599

Leaning toward the MOS due to the fact that I'll likely put suppressor height night sights on it and upgrade to a threaded barrel at some point. Should allow cowitness with a red-dot if I ever decide to add one.

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:20 pm

You think you'd put a suppressor and reflex sight on a 19? At that point why not just a 17?

raptor9k
Crazy Person

Post by raptor9k » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:22 pm

Options. The 19 is my first pick because it's the most capable pistol in the lineup. Easily concealed but decent magazine capacity and accuracy. Don't have to put a reflex on it but it's $60 for the option and custom slide work would cost at least $100 if I changed my mind later. At some point all of my automatic pistols will be capable of taking a suppressor. I don't plan on buying a standard 17 ever. You can run G17 mags in a 19 and there's virtually no accuracy advantage with the 17. I'll probably buy a 34 or 17L at some point for the longer sight radius. If I go nuts over glock and sell some XDs I would end up with a 19, 34, 43, and probably pick up a 40 and 41. For now, I'll pick up a 19 and shoot the crap out of it to see how it stacks up. I went with XDm for ergonomics and mag capacity. I can get that with gen 4 in a Glock (finally) and mag extensions. Hopefully the Glock trigger stacks up favorably with my XDm.

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:00 pm

I guess that makes sense.

raptor9k
Crazy Person

Post by raptor9k » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:52 pm

Getting there. This is just a mockup, I haven't torqued it all down.

raptor9k
Crazy Person

Post by raptor9k » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:31 pm

I tightened everything up last night. I now have enough aeroshell 33ms grease to build about 1000 ARs. I ended up going with the New Frontier modular 9mm BCG and that joker is a HOSS. When the bolt slams home it is quite a bit harder than a 5.56 BCG. Still need to put some sights and a red dot on it but I think the next purchase will probably be mags. Planning on buying a couple factory glock 33rnd mags and 4 or 5 SGM tactical mags for the range. I'll most likely top this one with another Holosun 403G red dot. I've been pleased with the one on my 300 BLK.

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:34 pm

Very cool! Maybe this year for me. Maybe.

raptor9k
Crazy Person

Post by raptor9k » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:28 pm

Your side charged LRBHO upper just hit joebobs

http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Spartan ... -lrbho.htm

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:13 pm

Ooooooh... That looks nice!