The Guns and Weapons Thread

Talk about whatever you feel like.
Lizzegirle
Forum Queen

The Guns and Weapons Thread

Post by Lizzegirle » Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:20 pm

Please talk about weapons here.

(This was made because I was tired of every thread getting infested with gun or weapon talk. :P )

This thread is now the territory of HTRN.

HTRN
Crazy Person

Re: The Guns and Weapons Thread

Post by HTRN » Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:27 pm

[quote="Lizzegirle";p="700038"]This thread is now the territory of HTRN.[/quote]

Muhuhahahahaha! :lol:

HTRN
EGO partum , proinde EGO sum
[quote="Scowdich";p="726085"]Karl Rove's hurricane machine stole my lunch money.[/quote]
amlthrawn wrote:This was no ordinary rooster. He had a look about him.

StruckingFuggle
Crazy Person

Post by StruckingFuggle » Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:32 pm

Okay then ... copypasta from Stupid Questions ...
"absurdly powerful"? Try again. Virtually any rifle cartridge loses alot with barrels shorter than 18", and it's rare to see them shorter than 12".
Oh. Blast. Well, on sheer mass and ammount of powder in the cartridge - regardless of the lower barrel length, shouldn't it be more powerful than a .45, anyway?

Also, HTRN, I tihnk you missed the point. I wasn't looking for a replica of deckard's gun, or like the one I linked. Something similar - but not two guns in one, just a bolt-action .270 or .30-06 with a pistol grip, no stock, and a six or eight-inch barrel, with pistol sights. No revolver underneath or the like.
"He who lives by the sword dies by my arrow."

"In your histories, there are continual justifications for all manner of hellish actions. Claims of nobility and heritage and honor to cover up every bit of genocide, assassination, and massacre. At least the Horde is honest in their naked lust for power."

FireAza
Crazy Person

Post by FireAza » Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:43 pm

[quote="HTRN";p="700043"][quote="Lizzegirle";p="700038"]This thread is now the territory of HTRN.[/quote]

Muhuhahahahaha! :lol:

HTRN[/quote]
That would explain the urine smell... :P
"For AUS$300, you get FireAza drawing your screen image." -MartinBlank "Oh shit. For once, FireAza is right." -Deacon
"FireAza, if you're really that sneaky and quiet then you can sleep in my bed anytime, mister." -kizba

HTRN
Crazy Person

Post by HTRN » Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:43 pm

So.. You basicaly want a XP-100R?

HTRN
[quote="Scowdich";p="726085"]Karl Rove's hurricane machine stole my lunch money.[/quote]

StruckingFuggle
Crazy Person

Post by StruckingFuggle » Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:51 pm

Huh. Never heard of that before. After a GIS ... something like that, yes, but with a much shorter barrel and a more pistol-styled grip. Something that looks like a pistol, and not just a stockless short rifle.

Still, the basic concept is the same, yes.

"In your histories, there are continual justifications for all manner of hellish actions. Claims of nobility and heritage and honor to cover up every bit of genocide, assassination, and massacre. At least the Horde is honest in their naked lust for power."

HTRN
Crazy Person

Post by HTRN » Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:18 am

See, here's the thing, short barrels mean that powder capacity to bore ratio is gonna be pretty low(think pistol cartridges in comparsion to Magnum rifle rounds), otherwise you'll be getting alot of flash and recoil, with precious little performance.

All the bolt action pistols pretty much look alike. You can get different stocks for them, but nothing like what you're after.

Have you considered a T/C Encore? It's a break action pistol, with changeable barrels, that's capable of handling cartridges up to .458 Winchester Magnum, and .50-110. It's more "pistol looking" but it's a single shot pistol.

HTRN

Negative Polarity
Crazy Person

Post by Negative Polarity » Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:53 am

Hey, can this also be the "Post your Arsenal" thread, too?
Not to be confused with the "Post your arse" thread.
My slow descent into madness seems to have abruptly become a flaming plunge.
[quote="Arc Orion";p="602569"]Negative Polarity, you're a sick, sick bastard.[/quote]

StruckingFuggle
Crazy Person

Post by StruckingFuggle » Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:54 am

Meh, if it doesn't work, there's really no point. If it's only firing a pistol round, I don't need .454s or the like, I'll be content with my 1911:

Image Image

(is there a way to do automatic thumbnails, or would I need thumbnail images?)

Negative Polarity
Crazy Person

Post by Negative Polarity » Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:58 am

Imageshack.us does thumbnails.
My slow descent into madness seems to have abruptly become a flaming plunge.
[quote="Arc Orion";p="602569"]Negative Polarity, you're a sick, sick bastard.[/quote]

RadicalDreamer
Crazy Person

Post by RadicalDreamer » Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:03 am

[quote="StruckingFuggle";p="700045"]
Also, HTRN, I tihnk you missed the point. I wasn't looking for a replica of deckard's gun, or like the one I linked. Something similar - but not two guns in one, just a bolt-action .270 or .30-06 with a pistol grip, no stock, and a six or eight-inch barrel, with pistol sights. No revolver underneath or the like.[/quote]

How about a sawed-off Mosin Nagant rifle? 7.62x54R in a pistol-sized package. Since the powder burns so slowly it's essentially a hand cannon AND a short range flamethrower. Russian tested, Kulak approved.

Check his belt. Keep in mind - I've seen even smaller.

And have a CZ 52 for good measure.

StruckingFuggle
Crazy Person

Post by StruckingFuggle » Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:08 am

Huh, that's a pretty cool Nagant ... almost looks like a flintlock rifle.

Makh
Crazy Person

Post by Makh » Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:18 am

You can clearly see the bolt though.

Besides, I like your colt. :)

adciv
Crazy Person

Post by adciv » Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:22 am

What's your review of the Sig-Sauer P226?
Repensum Est Canicula
The most dangerous words from an Engineer: "I have an idea."
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson

Blaze
Crazy Person

Post by Blaze » Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:37 am

Here's a question for you.

Does anyone still manufacture a "Revolver Rifle" design? Not for functionality, but just because I've seen some old drawings and what not of them, and they look cool. I love the giant cylinder designed for long shells like .308 Winchesters and the like, and the whole thing just comes together in a really sharp looking design.