Have you ever met a celebrity and said something stupid?

Talk about whatever you feel like.
TheTallest
Crazy Person

Have you ever met a celebrity and said something stupid?

Post by TheTallest » Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:59 am

Am I the only one who can only come out with stupid coments when I meet celebritys?

I met Zoe Ball and all I could say was "your a lot taller than you look on TV"

I met Tim from Ash and said "your tim from ash!" his reply was "I know"
I resurve the right to be inconsistant (and bad at spelling)
Deacon wrote: RISC processors are rubbish, and anyone that wants to know about them is rubbish.

I just find RISC processors very dull (unless you made it yourself, then that's impressive, it's like buying an expensive car, well done you can spend money.

I still have bigger penis than you.

StruckingFuggle
Crazy Person

Post by StruckingFuggle » Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:01 am

Me: "Hey, that's a really good plugsuit costume."
Her: "Yeah."
Me: "*notices her nametag* Woah, you're the real one!"
Tiffany Grant: "*laughs* yeah."
Me: "*wonders what his shoe tastes like*"
"He who lives by the sword dies by my arrow."

"In your histories, there are continual justifications for all manner of hellish actions. Claims of nobility and heritage and honor to cover up every bit of genocide, assassination, and massacre. At least the Horde is honest in their naked lust for power."

XenoWolf
Crazy Person

Post by XenoWolf » Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:01 pm

I was nervous when I met Dane Cook, and completely looked like a dork trying to do the SUFI. None of you probably have any idea what I'm talking about anyways.

BitterCometChild
Crazy Person

Post by BitterCometChild » Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:12 pm

I met a composer I really love last year. I actually talked to him over the phone first, so I said "hi". Then he said "hi", and god knows what possesed me to say "hi" again. Then he said "hi" again. Then loooong silence. :shifty:
"Christine, sleep with me...that's all I ask of you."

- That's All I ask of you

"One final question...what's that over there??"
*Phantom looks* *Christine runs*

- Past the Point of No Return

Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Post by Rorschach » Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:17 pm

I met Neil Kinnock once.

Not that that'll mean much to you unless you're a Brit of a certain age

I ran up to the TV cameras and said 'Hi Mum!' whilst he admonished me with a vote-winning 'Mind the cars, son'
To Let

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:22 pm

Heh, I ended up working on Steve Kerr's computer. Great guy.
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

Nukinblackmage
Crazy Person

Post by Nukinblackmage » Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:28 pm

Well, I didn't really meet them, but when I went to a showing of Miss Congeniality at a theater called the Paramount the starts of the movie were there. They had a Q&A after and so I went up and asked a couple questions. The last question I asked was if I could have a kiss from Julia and Sandra. What really makes me sad is that both of them said that they would...but they think someone else on stage wouldn't like it.
By Fire We Are Purged
Damned women and their emotions! -FireAza
"Luck is a word the ignorant use to define their ignorance. They are blind to the patters of force that drive the universe, and they name their blindness science, or clearheadedness, or pragmatism; when they stumble into walls or fall off cliffs, they name their clumsiness luck." - Tan'elKoth in Blade of Tyshalle

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:35 pm

Well, yeah. I mean, the others in the audience would feel bad for staring as you went up there without having actually purchrased a ticket to the freak show.
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

Nukinblackmage
Crazy Person

Post by Nukinblackmage » Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:39 pm

Yeah...and their boyfriends wouldn't have liked it much. ...the bastards :x
By Fire We Are Purged
Damned women and their emotions! -FireAza
"Luck is a word the ignorant use to define their ignorance. They are blind to the patters of force that drive the universe, and they name their blindness science, or clearheadedness, or pragmatism; when they stumble into walls or fall off cliffs, they name their clumsiness luck." - Tan'elKoth in Blade of Tyshalle

TheTallest
Crazy Person

Post by TheTallest » Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:42 pm

Come on deac, you've got to of dropped your cool persona in front of a celeb at some point.
I resurve the right to be inconsistant (and bad at spelling)
Deacon wrote: RISC processors are rubbish, and anyone that wants to know about them is rubbish.

I just find RISC processors very dull (unless you made it yourself, then that's impressive, it's like buying an expensive car, well done you can spend money.

I still have bigger penis than you.

Azurain
Crazy Person

Post by Azurain » Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:29 pm

Perhaps Deacon just doesn't engage in that pathetic exercise in human pustulance that is called Celebrity Worship.
This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper.

MasteR
Crazy Person

Post by MasteR » Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:39 pm

Rick (blacknight) and I met the guy who played Sulu (sp?)(don't remember the actors name) from Star Trek at Dragon Con in the elevator. We were 7 or 8 floors up before either of us realised it was him. Rick said "Your Sulu!". Of course he said "I know." and then he told us about a public party he was throwing up on the 14th floor in his room. Too bad we didn't go cause of the party with the free booze.

Funny thing was he was wearing a shirt of himself in Star Trek when he was younger. Funniest thing ever.
Last edited by MasteR on Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blaze
Crazy Person

Post by Blaze » Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:40 pm

Me?

I uh... I met a guy who owns a Philladelphia night club. Very Rich man. He gave me free food.

I had lunch next to Bronco McCart, for those of you that follow boxing.

I think that's about it, and I think that's about all I care for it to be.

RabidAnimeFan
Crazy Person

Post by RabidAnimeFan » Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:46 pm

[quote="Azurain";p="435912"]Perhaps Deacon just doesn't engage in that pathetic exercise in human pustulance that is called Celebrity Worship.[/quote]

Well-stated. :roll: :wink:

I've had celebrities say stupid things to me before.

Barry Manilow (yes, I'm a fan): "Hey! You're wearing my face on your shirt!" Uh, yeah. It's the only tour shirt you sold.

George Michael: Me - "Would you sign this for my sister?" George - "Do you have a pen?" At which point I kind of chuckled and pointed at his hand, where he had a pen from just signing a release. (From my publishing days a decade ago)

To be fair, when I met Helen Hunt I was struck speechless and could only stammer something to the effect of 'uh...uh... nice to meet...you. I....uh...loved you in ....uh' and promptly forgot the name of the movie I was thinking of. I used to have such a case of the hots for her. (also in my publishing days)

I suspect I'd have the same problem if I ever met Angie Harmon. :lol:

The most fun is to meet an obnoxiously arrogant celebrity and then act like you have no idea who they are. I used to do this a lot until complaints got back to my boss.
'Invaders blood marches through my veins like giant, radioactive rubber pants! The pants command me!'

My Anime Collection: http://www.intervocative.com/dvdcollect ... %20Krueger

My Blog/Anime Forum: http://www.rabidanimefan.com

E2
Crazy Person

Post by E2 » Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:46 pm

We have this celebrity in school (at least all 13yearolds had a crush on him 3 years ago), he played in a Xmas calendar on TV, he goes tooooooootally bananas if he hears anything from the series. I use to say his most used line, just coz it's sooooo lame I'll think I'm cool 8)
Don't say I didn't warn you about my bad sense of humour