US Constitution Discussion Index

Perspectives on our world and our universe, how it works, what is happening, and why it happens. Whether by a hidden hand or natural laws, we come together to hash it out, and perhaps provide a little bit of education and enlightenment for others. This is a place for civil discussion. Please keep it that way.
Forum rules
1) Remain civil. Respect others' rights to their viewpoints, even if you believe them to be completely wrong.
2) Sourcing your information is highly recommended. Plagiarism will get you banned.
3) Please create a new thread for a new topic, even if you think it might not get a lot of responses. Do not create mega-threads.
4) If you think the subject of a thread is not important enough to merit a post, simply avoid posting in it. If enough people agree, it will fall off the page soon enough.
Martin Blank
Knower of Things
Knower of Things
Omnicode: sxy cm163 kg76 eso.#_glasses sp= Ag1974.October anE hdd Zot RlM Kd1y PeC&C FHb IN14 PrPython(3)^(7)&C(2)^(5)&C++(2)^(7)&JavaScript(2)^(5)&Ruby(1)^(5)&PHP(2)^(5) GM-6DN LAEN(9)&ES(2)^(6)&EO(1)^(7) Crc(6).Security MvD BA! PlM

US Constitution Discussion Index

Post by Martin Blank » Mon Aug 25, 2003 3:49 pm

The Constitution threads have not been getting the attention for which I had hoped, so I'm going to follow Fixer's suggestion and post this sticky index for them, with brief summaries of the topics. I am also going to start adding what I hope will be provocative notes or questions to follow the original posts containing the Constitution segments quoted. Those linked have been posted; those not linked will be posted according to the normal Monday/Friday posting schedule.

Legislative Branch Executive Branch
  • Part 07: Article II, Section 1
    Election of the President; Qualifications; Filling the Office on Death, Resignation, or Disability; Compensation; Oath or Affirmation of Office
  • Part 08: Article II, Sections 2, 3, & 4
    President as Commander in Chief; Power to Make Treaties; Appointment of Others to Public Office; State of the Union; Removal from Office
Judicial Branch
  • Part 09: Article III
    Judiciary; Terms and Compensation; Powers of the Judiciary; Trial by Jury; Definition and Punishment of Treason
States & Obligations
  • Part 10: Article IV
    Equality of States; Equal Rights Among Citizens of All States; Extradition; Congress Regulates Territories; All States Guaranteed Republican Form of Government, Protection from Invasion and Insurrection
  • Part 11: Article V, Article VI, & Article VII
    Amending the Constitution; Past Debts & Treaties Valid; Constitution is the Supreme Law of the Land; Oath or Affirmation of Office; Ratification
Bill of Rights Additional Amendments
If I show up at your door, chances are you did something to bring me there.