What to play?

Play it? Watch it? Listen to it? Post it! Discuss Movies, TV, DVDs, CDs, and Evangelion! Compare Computer, Video, Pen & Paper, Sports, and any other games you want. Most anything entertaining is fair game.
Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Re: What to play?

Post by Rorschach » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:47 am

I am playing 7 Days to Die and, so far, it makes me want to die.
To Let

Some Egrets
Crazy Person

Post by Some Egrets » Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:18 am

I've been kinda fascinated by the Zero Escape series lately, they were doing some pretty cool metanarrative shenanigans back in the early 2010s before Undertale did some sort-of related things with a lot more mainstream visibility. They come with a big ol' CW for a lot of things though, and they thoroughly rife with weird Anime Logic™ so if that's not your thing, that's not your thing.

Ghost Trick is one of my absolute favourite games ever and I feel like it kind of flew under the radar and was thoroughly underappreciated. It's a Shu Takumi game so it kind of has kind of like a weird Ace Attorney-but-not-actually-close-to-an-Ace Attorney game vibes? It's good though.

Just about to finish up Bug Fables. If you like Paper Mario but always thought Paper Mario needed more insects, Bug Fables might be your thing.

La-Mulana & La-Mulana 2. So, short version, it's a hard as h*ck puzzle action platformer. Your basic gameplay loop is you go into a ruin, find items that open up new progression, read tablets & other stuff lying around to get obscure as h*ck clues about how to solve obscure as h*ck puzzles, yell at the computer a lot when you can't solve the puzzle, yell at the computer even more when you realize what the solution actually was, yell at the computer when you fight a boss, yell at the computer when you walk into a trap. Basically La-Mulana hates you and wants you to suffer. In the words of an excellent person and noted Gamer™ personality who plays La-Mulana a lot, "This is my favorite game of all time. I hate it."

(my one piece of advice for La-Mulana is keep notes! Keep notes in a text document so they're searchable! Take screenshots! Draw hand-drawn diagrams if you have to. There's a lot going on and you will have to keep track of it. And if a thing stumps you for a long time and you actually stop having fun, consider looking up one of the spoiler-free hint guides first, or just flat out look up the answer. A few of the puzzles are A LOT and there's no shame in saying "nope, this one thing is just not my kind of fun" so it doesn't ruin the experience for you)

Winterbay_
Crazy Person

Post by Winterbay_ » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:23 am

raptor9k wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:17 pm
What's everyone playing these days?
Guild Wars 2 mainly as well as some Stardew Valley with my brother. When I have enough brains for it I like to do some Baba is You and if I want an RPG Divinity: Original Sin (1 and 2).