Cats VS. Countdown

Play it? Watch it? Listen to it? Post it! Discuss Movies, TV, DVDs, CDs, and Evangelion! Compare Computer, Video, Pen & Paper, Sports, and any other games you want. Most anything entertaining is fair game.
Sir Spankspeople
Crazy Person

Cats VS. Countdown

Post by Sir Spankspeople » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:08 am

So I was a little sad to see that they don't seem to be making more episodes of 8 out of 10 Cats, but I think I've been enjoying 8 out of 10 Cats Does Countdown more anyways.

Always a good laugh, seeing what Sean's got in lieu of a mascot, and it's easier to play along with at home (my wife's better than most of them at the numbers).

Not to mention Joe Wilkinson's half brother Fabio.
Inflammatory signatures hurt us all...

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Re: Cats VS. Countdown

Post by Deacon » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:35 pm

Honestly never heard of it. TV show?
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

Sir Spankspeople
Crazy Person

Re: Cats VS. Countdown

Post by Sir Spankspeople » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:57 pm

8 out of 10 cats is a panel show in the UK hosted by Jimmy Carr, with Sean Locke and John Richardson as team captains. Each team has three players(usually comedians) and they essentially have to guess what current topics are big in the news. Also banter.

Countdown is a show watched by pensioners on daytime television where two players compete doing numbers and letters: for letters they pick consonants and vowels and get points for making the longest word out of the letters they've picked, for Numbers they get some random numbers and have to use them to get the bigger number.

Cats does Countdown is just Countdown with the cast of 8 out of 10 Cats, and guest comedian team members.

Cats does Countdown also seems to be more popular than regular 8 out of 10 cats, and there hasn't been a new season of regular Cats this year, but Cats does Countdown went from just a few episodes to a full season.

Here:
Inflammatory signatures hurt us all...