Latest movies mega-thread

Play it? Watch it? Listen to it? Post it! Discuss Movies, TV, DVDs, CDs, and Evangelion! Compare Computer, Video, Pen & Paper, Sports, and any other games you want. Most anything entertaining is fair game.
Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Re: Latest movies mega-thread

Post by Rorschach » Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:41 pm

Deacon wrote:cold-hearted
They're two sizes too small.

I'm away for Christmas dinner Part 1.

Mistletoe kisses to one and all.
To Let

Cyberliger777
Redshirt

Post by Cyberliger777 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:53 pm

I just saw it this week. I have a grip with the end event, but I enjoyed it over all.

Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Post by Rorschach » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:33 am

Creed is really very good.
To Let

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:28 am

Not good enough for an Oscar!
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Post by Rorschach » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:59 am

I'm boycotting them even as we speak.
To Let

The Cid
Redshirt

Post by The Cid » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:33 pm

I didn't take Creed at all seriously. I thought there was no way that yet another Rocky movie could be good, and I adored the first four. (Granted, the first one because it's a great film and the next three because they're hilarious, but still.)

But everybody loved it. And Stallone got nominated for an Oscar for it. Which a year ago would have been a joke in a comedy sketch. So now I have to see it.
Hirschof wrote:I'm waiting for day you people start thinking with portals.

Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Post by Rorschach » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:42 pm

I was very surprised by how much I enjoyed it. It wasn't just a good Rocky movie, but I thought a good movie in general.

It does somewhat rely on Sly and I doubt the franchise will go far once he steps out of Rocky's boots, but then again perhaps by that time this new fighter will have captured the imaginations of a new generation as he did in the 70s, and people will care about him on his own terms. I dunno.

Did you like Rocky Balboa?
To Let

The Cid
Redshirt

Post by The Cid » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:43 pm

No. In fact, after seeing it I may have tried to drink until I convinced myself there were exactly four Rocky movies. Rocky Balboa struck me as a sort of non-effort. Rocky comes out of retirement in his fifties to fight a young man to impress his son. Even though, if his son was impressed by boxing, then Rocky probably wouldn't have needed to win him over in the first place. It's unclear how more boxing was going to do that.

To me it's like this. The original is a flat out classic, Rocky II was a good follow-up but nowhere near the original, and Rocky III and Rocky IV were hilarious 1980s time capsules that will entertain me forever. And then they stopped making Rocky movies for a while until they found a castmember from The Wire who could play Creed's son.
Hirschof wrote:I'm waiting for day you people start thinking with portals.

Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Post by Rorschach » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:05 pm

Oh, well you're fine. The one complaint I've seen about Creed is that it is a real downer compared to the happy ending and peace Rocky finds in
Rocky Balboa. He plays his age in Creed so if the likelihood of a guy pushing sixty taking the world champ to the wire is a problem for you, you won't have the same problem here. Rocky does nothing unrealistic.

By the by, my interpretation was that Rocky was fighing for himself in Rocky Balboa. He did it initially against the express wishes of his son. Rocky Jnr got into it quite late into his training - like Adrian in a lot of the movies. The boxing brought them together but it wasn't done to bring them together.

Although if you don't like the movie anyway, that's rather a moo point.
To Let

Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Post by Rorschach » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:56 am

Gina Carano is quite ridiculously hot. They really did a number on her in Deadpool to make her look merely human.

That said, I enjoyed the film immensely. Clearly not very much happened and it did seem to be very much a triumph of style over substance but it was novel and fun. Repeated viewings will be the acid test though.

By the by, in my theatre, which was about half-full, some chick from the back shouted 'Fuck me hard,' about twenty minutes in. I like to think she was talking to whomever she was partnering, but I suppose it's possible she was just a really big Ryan Reynolds fan.
To Let

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:11 pm

Haha I've never had a theater experience like that.

But I did really enjoy the movie. It'll be interesting to see the second one, surely involving Cable, now that the backstory is out of the way.

PS Gina? Good lord. But Morena Baccarin still holds my heart. Of course, she has ever since Firefly.
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

raptor9k
Redshirt

Post by raptor9k » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:39 pm

She's still ridiculously hot in Deadpool, though I've only seen the trailer. Morena Baccarin didn't really stand out for me until I saw her in V with short hair.

Glad you guys like Deadpool. I plan on seeing it sometime in the next week or two. Gotta figure out when to ditch the family to go see it though.

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:19 pm

Don't worry, she's still her gorgeous self in the movie. Even hotter because she has some great style to her character.

Dreamer
Redshirt

Post by Dreamer » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:32 pm

Holy sh*t. I never red this thread. But I just saw Deadpool. Knowing that Morena Baccarin was in it. And I saw this thread and I thought, you know... I wonder if they are talking about Deadpool...

and I got better than that. Morena Baccarin. And... just for the record... I hope you all know she does nudes.

I mean, you can find her blobs on the internet quite easily.

Just saying.

And damn it they're nice.

Also. I love Firefly. I just love that movie. I invited Nathan Fillion to my wedding.

I'm not kidding.

I'm still waiting on his RSVP, though.

So if anyone has a few degrees of connection can you let me know why he hasn't responded yet?
My sig would have contained the secret of life, but I'd already clicked submit.

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:50 pm

You red her blobs?