Avengers 2: Age of Ultron?

Play it? Watch it? Listen to it? Post it! Discuss Movies, TV, DVDs, CDs, and Evangelion! Compare Computer, Video, Pen & Paper, Sports, and any other games you want. Most anything entertaining is fair game.
CarlosSpicyWeiner
Redshirt

Avengers 2: Age of Ultron?

Post by CarlosSpicyWeiner » Fri May 15, 2015 8:05 pm

So, Avengers 2: Age of Ultron?

Thoughts? I personally liked it alot. How about everyone else?

Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Re: Avengers 2: Age of Ultron?

Post by Rorschach » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:47 am

I liked it fine. I was pretty surprised when I read the reaction that followed and the partly negative response. I didn't get that at all in the cinema.

I can see some of the crtics' points: they felt the script was too flip and there were too many wise-cracks per exchange, but I'm alright with that.

My one concern was that
Spoiler: (click to reveal/hide)
I thought Ultron wasn't scary
and that might be down, partly, to Whedon and Disney falling out over so many things that some opinions were that he more-or-less phoned this one in but I still really enjoyed the movie.

The next Marvel instalment will be interesting though.
To Let

Cyberliger777
Redshirt

Post by Cyberliger777 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:42 pm

I think I have the same complaint as many. There were simply to many people in the movie. The Avengers have always been a large group, but usually the comic only focuses on a few at a time, or simple writes away some and says they are busy.

Saurenath
Redshirt

Post by Saurenath » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:59 pm

I thought it was great. There were a lot of characters to try and identify with but seeing as the majority of the characters have their own movies and the original I thought it was an excellent way to set the stage for some of the lesser known characters I.e. Scarlet Witch and it worked well despite the 15000 avengers rolling around.

I never got into the comics so I can't comment there but I'm excited to see where they take it for the next installment of the films.

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:57 am

I enjoyed it. It was nice to see them all dealing with stuff, disagreeing, coming back around, and fighting one of the coolest bad guy concepts in quite a while. But because I never read the comics, I had no idea who some of the characters were and definitely of course not what would happen.

PS The personality brought to the story by the occasional wisecracking and such was definitely preferable to a dry movie.
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922