NFL 2014

Play it? Watch it? Listen to it? Post it! Discuss Movies, TV, DVDs, CDs, and Evangelion! Compare Computer, Video, Pen & Paper, Sports, and any other games you want. Most anything entertaining is fair game.
ampersand
Redshirt

NFL 2014

Post by ampersand » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:08 pm

Winners: Texans, 49ers (Dallas D so bad Michael Sam will be seen as an improvement), Saints, Patriots, Bears, Jets, Ravens, Eagles. Buccaneers, Giants, and Chargers too.
Losers: Anyone watching Browns v Steelers. (They'll tie.) Green Bay's coaching.

The Cid
Redshirt

Re: NFL 2014

Post by The Cid » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:25 pm

The Bucs game disapppointed me. I had hoped they'd show up for more than a quarter. But hey, anytime you can lose the guard you just traded for on your second drive of the season...
Hirschof wrote:I'm waiting for day you people start thinking with portals.

ampersand
Redshirt

Post by ampersand » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:19 pm

Tonight's Winner: Pittsburgh. Maybe Raven rally under the Ray Rice saga, but I really can't see how.
Sunday: Denver (KC is a bad team), Houston, SF, Cincinnati, Miami, Jacksonville (RG III can't read defenses), Tennessee, Arizona, New England, New Orleans, Detroit, Tampa Bay, Seattle, Green Bay, Philadelphia.

The Cid
Redshirt

Post by The Cid » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:46 pm

Just a little note:

Hey Roger Goodell: I love football and have been a fan of the NFL since I understood what it was. I just wish that I didn't occasionally have to be a little embarrassed that I am a fan of your league. Trust me, great as football is, do enough horrible shit and I won't be able to watch it anymore. For example, I can't bring myself to get into college football. Don't be college football.

(I'd have something to say about the ongoing scandal, but to me there's really only the one opinion, right? We're all on the same page with that one, I feel, and saying more about it would be stating the obvious-to-everyone.)

On to the picks: I had Pittsburgh last night just to keep honest. (Home teams in CAPS.) I've got Jacksonville, Miami, CINCINNATI, New Orleans, Arizona, TENNESSEE, New England, CAROLINA, TAMPA BAY, Seattle, Houston, GREEN BAY, DENVER, SAN FRANCISCO, and Philadelphia.

Arres
Redshirt

Post by Arres » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:12 pm

I don't watch sports in general, but I do try to keep abreast of "the goings on". I think that one of the most wonderful quotes of the year came out of the current Adrian Peterson alleged child abuse case:
former Vikings wide receiver and NFL Hall of Fame player Cris Carter: "My mom did the best job she could do, raising seven kids by herself,” Carter said on ESPN’s NFL Countdown on Sunday. “But there are thousands of things that I have learned since then. … My mom was wrong. She did the best she could, but she was wrong about some of that stuff she taught me. And I promise my kids I won’t teach that mess to them.”
It is vulnerable and loving and heartbreaking. It makes me tear up.
Sheldon wrote:For the record, I am waaaay an adult. Like, super-way.
The Ponynati said:You cannot escape us. You cannot stop us. Soon all the world will bow down to the power of ponies.
The Cid wrote:...the text message is the preferred method of communication for prepubescent girls. Bunch of grown men sending digital paper airplanes to each other. Give me a break.

ampersand
Redshirt

Post by ampersand » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:44 pm

Tonight, I like Atlanta. Lovie Smith way too conservative. Sort of like the NFL's strategy against the domestic abuse/ child abuse fiasco they're having.
Now if you'll excuse me, KC v Det, ½ game out.

The Cid
Redshirt

Post by The Cid » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:31 pm

Football hates me right now.

Watching football for me right now is like when Calvin would try to ride a bicycle.

ampersand
Redshirt

Post by ampersand » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:18 pm

Wow. 56-7. Lovie Smith is terrible.