Children's music

Play it? Watch it? Listen to it? Post it! Discuss Movies, TV, DVDs, CDs, and Evangelion! Compare Computer, Video, Pen & Paper, Sports, and any other games you want. Most anything entertaining is fair game.
Deacon
Shining Adonis

Children's music

Post by Deacon » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:00 am

Some of you hate children's music. I am one to favor that point of view, so I sympathize with those of you with poop-producing money pits. That said, there is some actually decent stuff out there. Not really "for any occasion" stuff necessarily, and god help you if you listen to those tweeny bopper remakes of top 40 radio hits, but just because it's for kids doesn't mean you have to sacrifice all musicianship entirely.

Here's one to check out. Lots of worthwhile previews as well. You Are My Little Bird by Elizabeth Mitchell
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Re: Children's music

Post by Rorschach » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:46 am

I really like the Rockabye Baby! stuff. I think it's a sign of a really good song that it still sounds good played on a glockenspiel. I particularly like the Smashing Pumpkins CD.

I''ll check your link out once Cara relinquishes the Kindle. If ever.
To Let

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Children's music

Post by Deacon » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:31 pm

Haha that's awesome. Never heard of them before.
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922