Strip Search

Play it? Watch it? Listen to it? Post it! Discuss Movies, TV, DVDs, CDs, and Evangelion! Compare Computer, Video, Pen & Paper, Sports, and any other games you want. Most anything entertaining is fair game.
BtEO
Redshirt

Strip Search

Post by BtEO » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:18 pm

Has anyone else been watching Strip Search?

It's Penny Arcade's reality show for web cartoonists — and it's really good. Even if you don't like reality shows normally (like me) I'd recommend this. I've seen a couple of comments that help nail down why it's different: first is that there's no editing to make you favour one cartoonist over the other, it's hard to dislike any of them; second is that they're not editing in cliffhangers or major drama every 7-8 minutes to make room for adverts.

And the elimination rounds are brutal.

Watch the trailer. At the very least you'll want to understand what the context is regarding "butt virginity":
[youtube]pisSXCWiom0[/youtube]

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Strip Search

Post by Deacon » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:02 am

I saw one yesterday. It was linked from a recent PA, the double ended dildo one. I think I needed more context.
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

The Cid
Redshirt

Re: Strip Search

Post by The Cid » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:22 am

Deacon wrote:I think I needed more context.
For that strip: It was the result of an annual PAX East panel. (A much more full explanation is here.) Here's video of the panel.

I've enjoyed what I've seen of Strip Search. But then again, I like Penny Arcade, I like Unskippable, and I like Loading Ready Run (all people involved with the series), so of course I like this.
Hirschof wrote:I'm waiting for day you people start thinking with portals.

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Strip Search

Post by Deacon » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:32 am

No, I know what it was (and filled in the blanks quickly). I meant having watched prior episodes so I knew who these individuals were and got the references to previous events.
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

SailorButterfly
Redshirt

Re: Strip Search

Post by SailorButterfly » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:10 am

Yep, been watching it. Thoroughly enjoying it. Can't wait for each new episode. :)
Order id #92
Order date 05/13/2008 20:45
Order Status Processed
Product Shirt Ninja Figurine
Quantity 1