Doctor Who - The Bells of St. John - 3/30/2013

Play it? Watch it? Listen to it? Post it! Discuss Movies, TV, DVDs, CDs, and Evangelion! Compare Computer, Video, Pen & Paper, Sports, and any other games you want. Most anything entertaining is fair game.
Seir
Redshirt

Post by Seir » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:29 am

Kicking off the second half of Series 7 and the 50 Anniversary of Doctor Who this Saturday is "The Bells of Saint John." Despite appearing twice already this season, we will now be introduced to the version Clara who is supposed to be traveling in the TARDIS. How they will explain the previous two incarnations of Clara is something that I'll definitely be waiting for Moffat to explain.

As a favor, please refrain from mentioning any spoilers in this thread until it actually airs in the U.K., however, be warned that once the episode airs in the U.K. this thread becomes open to any discussion about it.

And now here's a prequel video to end this post:

[youtube]2IROtC6cAT4[/youtube]
Yo Mav, I'm real happy for you and Imma let you finish but Hirschoff had the best sig trends of all time.

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Re: Doctor Who - The Bells of St. John - 3/30/2013

Post by Deacon » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:43 pm

I found it interesting, even if it did wrap up a little too neatly. Good start. I'm assuming The Client will be making further appearances.
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

Seir
Redshirt

Post by Seir » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:17 pm

Deacon wrote:I found it interesting, even if it did wrap up a little too neatly. Good start. I'm assuming The Client will be making further appearances.
The Client was referred to as The Great Intelligence by the boss lady at the end of the episode who's actually a very old villain. First appeared in the Second Doctor story "The Abominable Snowman" and then in "The Web of Fear". More recently it appeared in the latest Christmas special as the controller of all those snowmen.

EDIT: "Summer Falls" by Amelia Williams.
Yo Mav, I'm real happy for you and Imma let you finish but Hirschoff had the best sig trends of all time.

Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Post by Rorschach » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:05 pm

Underwhelming. Not terrible, but obviously not a season opener despite the new credits and TARDIS interior.
To Let

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:38 pm

Ah I remember the great intelligence now but not from any second doctor. My experience started with the 2005 series.
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

lifedeath
Redshirt

Post by lifedeath » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:10 pm

Wait, wait, wait.

Just went on a trip to tardis wiki.

The Great Intelligence is an old enemy(?).
Have we seen them before in the new series? (except the Christmas special ofc :P )

Also, about the episode.
I liked the wi-fi threat, interesting.
But, weird Clara not knowing to even click an icon...?
Good scenes thought. The plane, the shard, the idea of the hacking souls -cool things.

Also.

Ye!! Doctor is back!
Give Life a real.....

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:54 pm

Lots of people don't know how to log onto a strange wifi network. There are some people who can't figure out how to open a laptop at all. Sad but true.

Seir
Redshirt

Post by Seir » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:22 am

/me runs off to rename his wi-fi network.