I cannot believe this isn't posted yet [Starcraft]

Play it? Watch it? Listen to it? Post it! Discuss Movies, TV, DVDs, CDs, and Evangelion! Compare Computer, Video, Pen & Paper, Sports, and any other games you want. Most anything entertaining is fair game.
Kits
Redshirt

Post by Kits » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:45 am

http://gamepolitics.com/2013/03/11/zerg ... T6TIRxnrry

I don't even have words for how hilarious this is.
"To paraphrase a great philosopher, the question is not 'Can Zerg reason?' nor 'Can they talk?' but 'Can they suffer when attacked with a Perdition flamethrower,'" Bartlett said. "PETA is full of StarCraft players, but we've always had empathy for the Zerg — and for anyone who is killed without consideration because they don't speak our language."

Sir Spankspeople
Redshirt

Re: I cannot believe this isn't posted yet [Starcraft]

Post by Sir Spankspeople » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:22 am

People have become jaded to their regular antics(I never thought I'd see the day when people were bored of naked ladies, but here we are) and they're just trying to get noticed.

I suppose being ridiculous is a kind of way to get noticed...
In vino veritas
In aqua sanitas

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:25 am

That's kind of the only way PETA gets noticed.
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

Arres
Redshirt

Post by Arres » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:33 pm

You know, I've seen a lot of raaayyyge on this topic from the internet, but I have to say, I kind of like the campaign. I'm not usually a PETA supporter, as I think their position is....extreme. In this campaign though, PETA is making fun of themselves a little bit while at the same time making their point. Their saying "It's not relevant that the Zerg are not capable or rational thought. What IS relevant, is how we treat them." Now, obviously, the Zerg gotta fry. Noone is questioning that. But perhaps, we should consider that torture isn't appropriate. Torture is still torture, sentient recipient or not. I would say that this is a very gentle reminder of their position, and all in all, one of PETAs classier ads.
Sheldon wrote:For the record, I am waaaay an adult. Like, super-way.
The Ponynati said:You cannot escape us. You cannot stop us. Soon all the world will bow down to the power of ponies.
The Cid wrote:...the text message is the preferred method of communication for prepubescent girls. Bunch of grown men sending digital paper airplanes to each other. Give me a break.

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:49 pm

You, sir, are extremely generous and appear to think only the best of people.
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922