Garth Marenghi's Darkplace

Play it? Watch it? Listen to it? Post it! Discuss Movies, TV, DVDs, CDs, and Evangelion! Compare Computer, Video, Pen & Paper, Sports, and any other games you want. Most anything entertaining is fair game.
Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Post by Rorschach » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:22 am

I've recently discovered this, some ten years after missing it when it originally aired.

I know there are some IT Crowd fans here so in case anyone is as poorly-informed as I am, here's a very short-run show cowritten by and starring Richard Ayoade and featuring Matt Berry (and even Graham Linehan). It's a mock eighties horror pastiche and is surprisingly funny.

Does 4oD work in America? Anyway, here it is although with my record, everyone's been watching it for years, time after time after time and you've all got Garth Marenghi tattoos.
To Let

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:28 pm

I've heard the name, never seen the show. I'll be interested to see if 4oD works here because that would open up a lot of content...
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

The Cid
Redshirt

Re: Garth Marenghi's Darkplace

Post by The Cid » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:39 pm

I saw that show on an old internet video stream called GBS, which used to be a sort of treasure trove of this stuff. I thought it was okay, but something about it seemed like a comedy sketch that had gotten unwieldy and somehow became an actual show. It reminded me a lot, in that regard, of Heat Vision and Jack.
Hirschof wrote:I'm waiting for day you people start thinking with portals.

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Re: Garth Marenghi's Darkplace

Post by Deacon » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:27 pm

The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922