Minecraft

Play it? Watch it? Listen to it? Post it! Discuss Movies, TV, DVDs, CDs, and Evangelion! Compare Computer, Video, Pen & Paper, Sports, and any other games you want. Most anything entertaining is fair game.
bagheadinc
Bay Harbor Butcher

Minecraft

Post by bagheadinc » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:02 am

So, anyone here gotten into Minecraft? I've been playing for a year now and I still am enjoying it. I run my own server (bagheadinc.net) so part of my fun is dicking around with people foolish enough to come on there. We've about 10 regulars that pop on throughout the day.

So those of you who actually play, what are your thoughts on the game? Will it keep you playing for years to come? How about those who don't own the game? Does this all seem like nonsense to you?

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Minecraft

Post by Deacon » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:59 am

I've never played it, only glimpsed it. Not sure what the hoopla is about.
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

The Cid
Redshirt

Re: Minecraft

Post by The Cid » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:56 am

I can't quite explain why, because I don't know much about programming or development, but something about Minecraft seems important for gaming in general. So I'm glad it's there.

I gave up on Minecraft once I realized that, to do what I decided I wanted to do in the game, I would have to put in enough of a time investment that I couldn't play any other video games. Or eat. And I'd have to cut down drastically on sleep. But I'm still glad it's there.
Hirschof wrote:I'm waiting for day you people start thinking with portals.

bagheadinc
Bay Harbor Butcher

Post by bagheadinc » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:25 pm

Deacon wrote:Not sure what the hoopla is about.
Digital LEGO set.

Arres
Redshirt

Post by Arres » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:41 pm

Love it. Play it routinely. I also keep a server running, but am not sophisticated enough to have an actual address. I literally just give my Dad or nephews my IP address and they log in. They are after all the only ones I'm terribly interested in playing with, because I can smack my nephews if they get out of hand (or call their mother, she'll do it) and my dad is well...my dad. I mean, seriously, a video game I can play with my dad? Not to be undervalued. We've taken over a town, lost all the residents and just returned from the Nether with the means to make more(I don't abuse my op powers. Stupid townies die? We'll make more the hard way!) I might check out your server though baghead. Anything I should know about it first? PvP, griefing, spleef, mods, other ridiculousness?
Sheldon wrote:For the record, I am waaaay an adult. Like, super-way.
The Ponynati said:You cannot escape us. You cannot stop us. Soon all the world will bow down to the power of ponies.
The Cid wrote:...the text message is the preferred method of communication for prepubescent girls. Bunch of grown men sending digital paper airplanes to each other. Give me a break.

bagheadinc
Bay Harbor Butcher

Post by bagheadinc » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:50 pm

Arres wrote:Anything I should know about it first? PvP, griefing, spleef, mods, other ridiculousness?
There are multiple worlds on my server. There are two creative worlds (one exclusive and one non-exclusive) and two survival worlds (one pvp and one non-pvp). There are tons of mods installed (nearly 60), so there is plenty to play with. There is a spleef arena, but it's not finished yet.

Jedi_Vader20
Redshirt

Post by Jedi_Vader20 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:52 am

I've been into Minecraft for a few years now, and I'm actually co-owner of pretty much the biggest server in Australia, the brilliantly named Aus-Craft (how original!).

I gotta tell you, playing is so much better though. I can't spend five minutes without someone harassing me for help.

I might drop into your server sometime baghead, when I can actually connect.
>.>
<.<
*runs*