My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Play it? Watch it? Listen to it? Post it! Discuss Movies, TV, DVDs, CDs, and Evangelion! Compare Computer, Video, Pen & Paper, Sports, and any other games you want. Most anything entertaining is fair game.
FirebirdNC
Mad Hatteras

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Post by FirebirdNC » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:37 pm

I thought you guys would appreciate Dr. Whooves.
~Insert clever bon mot here~

BtEO
Redshirt

Post by BtEO » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:50 pm

I've already pre-ordered their Derpy model now there's a Europe-based company planning to stock them. Sorely tempted to add a second order for that one.

But if I let myself think like that too much I'll end up like I have with the blind bag toys — I have about 15 now when the original plan was to just have Twilight.

BtEO
Redshirt

Post by BtEO » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:30 pm

So yeah, no way I wasn't doing a new avatar. I've been off Twilight since switching to Queen Chrysalis at the end of the second season; it's long overdue.

But I couldn't choose just one source, so I did three: (The link remains in my signature if you need to see how they look against the ovals.
ImageImageImage

Crowned Twilight wins for now though.

Arres
Redshirt

Post by Arres » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:59 pm

SHIT! I KNEW I shouldn't click on the thread. I KNEW spoilers have a lifespan. DAMN DAMN DAMN.
Sheldon wrote:For the record, I am waaaay an adult. Like, super-way.
The Ponynati said:You cannot escape us. You cannot stop us. Soon all the world will bow down to the power of ponies.
The Cid wrote:...the text message is the preferred method of communication for prepubescent girls. Bunch of grown men sending digital paper airplanes to each other. Give me a break.

BtEO
Redshirt

Post by BtEO » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:56 pm

Well to be fair thanks to the avatar change [if I posted more often] the whole forum would be off limits.

But frankly the rumours had been running for months, and confirmed weeks in advance and it was still a good episode. It's not about what happens, but how and why.

FireAza
Redshirt

Post by FireAza » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:40 pm

It was pretty obvious Twilight became an Alicorn purely so Hasbro can sell a new Twilight toy. But to the writers' credit, they brought about the change in a smart way, pulling together all the events of previous episodes for this one moment. Nicely done fellas! I also enjoyed Pinkie's spit-take moment, you can always bet on Pinkie for good comedy :P
"For AUS$300, you get FireAza drawing your screen image." -MartinBlank "Oh shit. For once, FireAza is right." -Deacon
"FireAza, if you're really that sneaky and quiet then you can sleep in my bed anytime, mister." -kizba

BtEO
Redshirt

Post by BtEO » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:24 pm

I think it's a bit of a shame these days that Flash is thought of primarily as a media playback plugin.

And not for simple stuff like this:
http://renaissancebrony.deviantart.com/ ... -359494793

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:30 pm

Heh, I like it :)
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

FireAza
Redshirt

Post by FireAza » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:52 am

So Japan is FINALLY getting a dub of FiM done for them (as "My Little Pony ~Tomodachi wa Mahō~")! Rather surprised it's taken this long, it seems like the show would go over really well there. They've announced that there's gonna be a manga adaption, as well as the dub cast.

There's a lot of a new faces here, the only two veterans are Katou Emiri (Hiiragi Kagami from Lucky Star) as Fluttershy and probably the longest working voice actress ever, Inoue Kikuko (Belldandy in Ah! My Goddess!) as Princess Celestia. Not too sure about Emiri as Fluttershy, since there's a million other actresses who have the perfect Fluttershy voice. Kikuko will probably be a good Princess Celestia, but she'll probably end up giving her a motherly feel instead of a mentor feel.
"For AUS$300, you get FireAza drawing your screen image." -MartinBlank "Oh shit. For once, FireAza is right." -Deacon
"FireAza, if you're really that sneaky and quiet then you can sleep in my bed anytime, mister." -kizba

Deacon
Shining Adonis

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Post by Deacon » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:25 am

I recognize so few of those things.
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

FireAza
Redshirt

Post by FireAza » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:00 am

Well, at least you recognize some of them ;) Greg should be pleased though, since he likes Ah! My Goddess! :P

BtEO
Redshirt

Post by BtEO » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:04 pm

Oh hey, in case anyone left here hasn't noticed: Season 4 started a couple of weeks ago.

Video is unrelated:
[youtube]XmIWULo5NQ4[/youtube]

Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Post by Rorschach » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:44 pm

Well, you can all be very proud of yourselves. Very proud indeed. I had to suffer the ignominy of watching one of these pony things the other day on the insistence of my now extremely impressionable five year old.

It was a movie. Some pony went through a magic mirror into an alternative world where all of the ponies were actually high school girls with inappropriately long legs. I'll get you all for this.
To Let

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:18 pm

Oh I think I heard of that. Never saw it. Sounded terrible.

BtEO
Redshirt

Post by BtEO » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:49 pm

It was a lot less terrible than it could have been. But still ranks notably below the best regular episodes.